Best and Broad Alternate Therapy For Your Ailments – Acupuncture Treatment
Acupuncture has been adopted by the world from the traditional Chinese medicine. Though we could not draw any scientific and practical proofs for how acupuncture treatment technically works, there are cases of patients proving the treatment works well for curing the pains of the body. Same is the case with the other reflex therapies, acupressure and reflexology treatments.
Acupuncture on a fundamental note is all the same as acupressure treatment, but the action of treatment is quite distinct. We use very sharp needles, which are as thin as a human hair to treat the pains. These needles are inserted through the skin at very selective pressure points called acupressure points.
This article confines to acupuncture therapy, and the distinctness in approach from the acupressure is exhibited in here.
What’s Acupuncture and How it works?
Upon the insertion of acupuncture needles at some strategic point on the skin, the life force gets relieved from the corresponding location of the pain, thus alleviating the pain. Analysis of this acupuncture for pain is much similar to acupressure apart from the treatment. Instead of needles, firm hand pressure is applied at the pressure points for the pain relief.
The acupuncture therapy is intended to boost the self-healing capability lying within the human body, also increasing blood flow. This action of energizing the body in natural ways show enormous benefits of acupuncture not only for the pains but also upgrading the body’s level of health.
Acupuncture treatment has many broad applications in the field of pain relief. There is an extensive list of cured disorders which turn to be the benefits of acupuncture.
Endocrine functioning is improved a lot with acupuncture therapy. By the action of needles, the central nervous system promotes the release of peptides like opioids. This creates an enhanced activity in the brain, thus improving the energized flow of Qi, the life energy throughout the body.
Initially, after the general health assessment, physical examination, principal acupuncture treatment is carried out i.e. insertion of needles. It may take multiple sessions to perform the operation completely.
Depending upon the symptoms of the disease, needles will be inserted into the skin at corresponding reflex points called acupuncture points. The needles are inserted to a depth until the muscle tissue is reached. This is to activate the qi in the body, upon which we can alleviate the pain. Needles are kept inserted on the skin for a considerable amount of time, only if there is no pain to handle them. But, immediate removal of needles is not entertained.
Sometimes the acupressure for pain relief uses a mild electric current by rotating the needles gently after the insertion. This treatment is called electroacupuncture.
Let us know what can acupressure cure and how far acupressure for pain management is successful.
- Acupuncture treatment involves cure for a headache, knee pain, and neck pain, and earache.
- Dental pain, Back pain are also relieved through acupuncture.
- Nausea and vomiting are cured in addition to chemotherapy.
- Labor pain, osteoarthritis are also the active acupuncture cures.
- Menstrual Cramps are also relieved.
Out of above acupressure uses for body pains, headache is the major disease that can be cured with reflex therapies. There are many some acupressure points for headache relief. Migraines, other chronic tensions are relieved through these techniques.
While treating for cancer, trying acupuncture leads in a faster recovery after chemotherapy.
Apart from the acupuncture for pain treatment, there are a whole lot of distinct departments of therapy is possible with this alternative medication.
- Stroke Rehabilitation is done using acupuncture therapy. It is one of the fine acupuncture benefits where we can relieve a person from brain damage due to stroke with this technique.
- Acupuncture uses periodic sessions to treat asthma, inflammation with some tubes carrying air to the lungs. Benefits of acupuncture go incomplete without the mention of asthma. A Cough, Wheezing are also cured as the by-products of the treatment.
- Drug addiction may also be reduced with acupuncture treatment. Though this benefit has no proofs scientifically, there are successful cases treated well from long back in the time. Strong addictions like smoking can also be reduced by the acupuncture technique.
- Allergies, Osteoarthritis, muscle spasms, Insomnia, are cured well by acupuncture treatment.
- Digestive problems are also covered under the list of curable diseases by acupuncture. Acupressure for digestive problems is as equally effective as acupuncture.
- Mood enhancement, relief from depression are possible by acupuncture treatment.
There are more than a hundred acupuncture cures for all kinds of body ailments. Out of such long list, we have addressed the essential problems of the present day.
These additional benefits of acupuncture make it a very special therapy that it works way broader than other reflex therapies, acupressure, and reflexology.
Ill-effects and Safety
- According to the Traditional Chinese Medicine, there is no harm in trying acupuncture for pain relief. But when an amateur acupuncturist treats you, there is a chance that problems may arise. This is because the needles aren’t bold enough as hands to treat the pains soothingly. Here, we may have severe side effects if proper treatment is not given.
- Using needles is the only safety concern to be taken care of in the entire acupuncture treatment, failure of which may also lead to diseases like lung failure, infections, nervous system damage, organ damage, etc. These problems are not simple to cure as general ailments. We need to be precautionary while dealing with needles. Better we consult an experienced therapist than an amateur one.
- Upon improper injection of needles or deepened insertion results in soreness, possibly bleeding. Organs may get injured with such amateur treatment.
- One must register under local authority’s verification to execute acupuncture treatment. The patient should also confirm that the practitioner holds a recognition.
- Acupuncture is allowed for pregnant ladies also. But the acupuncture cures and application are limited to a few number of pains. So, follow the doctor’s suggestion in such scenario.
When the body conditions do not support the treatment of acupuncture for pain relief, mild side-effects may arise.
- Pain at the puncture point on the skin
- Mild sick
- Dizziness or fainting
- Symptoms may get more severe after the treatment
These should not be neglected anyway if the effects are observed. If you encounter any other infections, disorders in the body, immediately consult the physician so that you won’t get late to the treatment. Otherwise, at the worst case, there won’t be any further problems.
Shiva Kumar is a professional writer whose work is dedicated in Health care and Nutrition. He started his career with writing for various platforms on Internet and TV in Health Category. He is certified to write on Health care, Food Plans. He is an authorised writer at TheFitGlobal.com