Dates have been popular from the ancient days for its remarkable healing powers. Dates are a good source of Vitamins and Minerals. The dark colored fruit is very famous for its sweet taste. Dates constitute to be an integral part of the Middle Eastern cuisine. Apart from finding usage in different cuisines, there are innumerable benefits of dates.
Types Of Dates:
There are more than 30 different kinds of dates, found around the world. There are innumerable dates benefits for skin and the hair. Dates can be broadly classified into 3 types, depending upon the levels of glucose, fructose, and sucrose as follows:
- Soft Dates
- Semi-dry Dates
- Dry Dates
Nutritional Value Of Dates:
Dates are a rich source of energy, sugar, Vitamins, minerals, and fiber. The dates nutrition can be enlisted as follows:
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin K
There are various dates health benefits, which is the reason why many people prefer to eat them. The nutritional value shows that it is very beneficial for the health of an individual. Many health experts state that having at least one date in a day is necessary for a healthy body.
The various benefits of dates can be enlisted as follows:
- Relief from Diarrhea and Constipation
- Easing Intestinal Disorders
- Keeping Cardiac problems at bay
- Treatment of Sexual Dysfunction
- Relief from Anemia
- Treatment of Abdominal Cancer
- Weight Gain
- Muscle Development
- Boosting the energy levels
- Maintaining the Eye health
People consume dates in several ways, owing to the remarkable benefits of dates. Dates are beneficial for both children as well as adults. Many people have raw dates, while other ways of having dates can be enlisted as follows:
- Dates Paste with Yogurt
- Dates Milk Shake
- Dates Spread with Bread and Butter
- Dates Sheer Khorma
- Dates Cookies
- Fritters of Dates
- Dates Stuffed with Pistachios and Coconut
- Dates Tiramisu
- Dates Flavored Ice Cream
- Dates and Peanut Butter Spread
- Dates Tart
- Dates Truffles
- Dates Chocolates
- Dates Balls
- Dates Sweet and Sour Chutney
- Dates Crepes
Benefits Of Dates:
The various benefits of dates are as follows:
Abdominal Cancer Prevention:
- It is found that regular consumption of dates is very effective in the prevention of abdominal cancer.
- Dates turn out to be a useful tonic for people and children of all age groups.
- As per Muslim cultural traditions, they break their fast by eating dates and water owing to the various benefits of dates.
- Dates help to avoid overeating after opening the fast.
- Dates are easy and quick for digestion and have no negative effects being a natural source of sugars, Vitamins, Minerals, etc.
- Owing to the high nutritional value of dates, they pacify the feelings of hunger, therefore reduce overeating.
- Dates constitute to be one of the most versatile foods, which can regulate the process of digestion.
- Dates have the remarkable capability of boosting the levels of energy, in as less as 30mins of consuming it.
- The high content of beneficial amino acids in the dates stimulates the digestion of food.
- Frequent consumption of dates will make it efficient to absorb the nutrients from the digestive tract and enter into the body.
Guarding Against Intestinal Disorders:
- Dates are rich in Nicotine, which turns out to be beneficial for curing many kinds of intestinal disorders.
- The regular and continuous intake of dates will inhibit the growth of pathogenic organisms in the intestinal tract.
- The growth of healthy bacteria in the intestine can be stimulated through the frequent consumption of dates.
- Dates are rich in both soluble as well as insoluble fibers.
- Dates for weight loss are one of the safest and natural ways.
- Dates have natural laxative properties.
- People who suffer from constipation must have dates regularly.
- The dates nutrition shows them to be high in soluble fibers.
- The bowel movements can be promoted and made healthier, through the regular consumption of dates.
- Dates will allow the passage of food particles through the intestinal tract in a comfortable way, thereby preventing constipation effectively.
- Most people soak dates overnight in water and consume the syrup on an empty stomach, the first thing in the morning.
Promoting Healthy Bones:
- Owing to the nutritional value of dates, they act as an excellent food for strengthening the bones.
- Dates are rich in minerals and effective in fighting painful diseases such as Osteoporosis.
- The benefits of dates are mainly because they are composed of high amounts of Selenium, Copper, Magnesium, and Manganese, which are crucial for the development of healthy bones.
- With age, people tend to have brittle and tender bones, as they weaken.
- Regular consumption of dates will give a good boost to the bones.
- One of the most striking dates benefits is treating Anemia.
- Dates are rich in the mineral content and Iron.
- Dates make one of the best food supplements for people who are suffering from problems such as Anemia.
- The lack of Iron content in the body of people suffering from Anemia can be balanced out by regular consumption of dates.
- The energy levels and strength of the body can be boosted considerably through dates.
- Fatigue, laziness, and sluggishness will be decreased considerably through dates.
- Dates benefits for hair can be enumerated to the high content of Iron.
Protection Against Allergies:
- If you observe the dates nutrition facts, you will find the presence of organic sulfur in it.
- It is very uncommon to find organic sulfur in food items.
- Sulfur has the remarkable capability of reducing reactions in the body due to allergies in people of all ages.
- Including dates in your daily diet plan, will help in keeping allergies at bay, owing to the outstanding dates benefits for health.
- Dates constitute to be an integral part of a healthy and good diet plan.
- Dates are composed of sugars, proteins, minerals, etc. which are required for the proper growth and development of the body.
- Dates are a rich source of calories but also have a natural cholesterol-lowering effect.
- Regular consumption of dates will help in building the muscles of the body and helping you in gaining proper weight.
- One of the best dates benefits is to help you in overcoming general body weakness as they are a great source of energy.
- The dates nutrition facts show that they are very rich in sugars which are found naturally.
- Dates are naturally composed of sugars such as Glucose, Fructose, Sucrose, etc.
- Dates constitute to be one of the best snacking items for a quick energy boost!
- Most people eat dates as an afternoon snack, which decreases the feelings of lethargy and sluggishness.
- Having dates is a great way to regain energy when you feel tired, exhausted, and after a strenuous physical activity or workout.
Maintenance Of Health Of The Nervous System:
- Dates constitute to be a great boost to the health of the nervous system and functioning, owing to the high content of Vitamins.
- Being a rich source of Potassium, dates help in improving the alertness and increasing the speed of the brain’s activity.
- One of the best dates health benefits is to promote the healthy functioning of the brain.
- People who are aging and those you get sluggish often must swear by eating dates.
Promoting Healthy Heart Life:
- Dates are linked with a healthy heart life.
- Dates which are soaked overnight, crushed and consumed as the first thing before breakfast, have positive effects in people with weak heart activity.
- Dates benefits for health are mainly because of its rich nutritional value.
- Dates are an excellent source of Potassium, which is known to decrease the chances of a possible stroke.
- Dates have a natural Cholesterol-lowering effect.
- Cholesterol is one of the major contributing factors for cardiac problems such as heart attack, stroke, cardiac dysfunction, etc.
- Frequent consumption of dates is known to have a positive effect on the overall heart health.
Improvement Of Sexual Weakness:
- The benefits of dates are mainly on account of the high nutritional value.
- Dates are linked with an increase in the sexual stamina of adults.
- It is found that dates soaked in fresh milk, with cardamom powder and honey constitute to be an effective remedy for increasing the sexual endurance.
- You can effectively reduce the chances of infertility, which is caused by sexual disorders by the regular consumption of dates.
- Dates are popular for increasing the sperm count and the motility of the individual sperms when consumed frequently and regularly.
- The dry dates nutrition shows that they turn out to be a natural aphrodisiac, but boosting the masculinity to a significant extent.
Maintaining Eye Health:
- There are innumerable benefits of dates, especially for the sensory organs such as the eyes, nose, and the ears.
- The occurrence of Night Blindness can be considerably reduced by eating raw dates or by rubbing the paste of ground date palms.
- Dates constitute to be an effective remedy for people suffering from alcohol intoxication.
- One of the best benefits of dates is to provide a quick relief for people who are addicted to having alcohol.
- Dates help in creating a sobering outcome when excessive amounts of alcohol have been consumed.
- Dates help in overcoming and preventing hangovers, the following day after excessive consumption of alcohol.
Dates Benefits For Skin:
- Being a rich source of Vitamin C and Vitamin D, the dates benefits for skin are innumerable.
- Dates have natural anti-ageing effects.
- Dates help in the natural prevention of the accumulation of Melanin in the body, which makes the complexion dark.
Dates Benefits For Hair:
- Dates are found to be an effective remedy for scalp problems, hair loss, dry and brittle hair, etc.
- The dates benefits for hair are innumerable, as they are a rich source of Iron.
- Proper levels of Iron in the blood will facilitate the blood flow and circulation.
- When oxygen is transported well throughout the surface of the scalp, the overall health of hair will be well maintained.
Dates For Weight Loss:
- Dates are a natural source of soluble and insoluble fibers.
- The high content of fibers will help you in keeping the appetite low, by accelerating the feelings of satisfaction.
- Dates for weight loss turn out to be one of the best natural remedies.
Selection Of Dates:
- Dates are rich in their nutritional value and carry innumerable health benefits.
- However, it is of paramount importance to select the dates properly.
- Most of the types of dates have a sticky outer surface, which can attract many impurities.
- Both the dry dates benefits and the soft dates benefits are innumerable but can attract impurities.
- It is crucial to consume dates which are processed and packed in a proper manner.
- Consuming dates frequently is healthy for the body, but the dates need to be washed properly so as to remove the impurities from the outer surface.
Dry Dates Nutrition:
- Dry dates are fresh dates which are deliberately dried over a period of time.
- The dry dates nutrition is similar to that of the fresh dates.
- However, dry dates have double the amounts of Carbohydrates, Calcium, Iron, etc.
- The dry dates benefits are innumerable and hence they are widely preferred by most people all over the world.