You can play, dance, study, work, even stand only when you are healthy. So it’s vital for everyone to be healthy. Due to the polluted environment, we are living in and bad habits we follow, we are forced to get sick, forced to worry about health and forced to search for this article. Miscellaneous habits lead to miscellaneous results, planned habits lead to planned results. Usage of ginger root is one such habit that gives you the most anticipated results.
Ginger root has many medicinal values and is capable of solving many health problems like digestive issues, respiratory problems, motion sickness, nausea and many. It also makes food delicious to which it goes in. It is a natural spice that brings changes naturally without side effects which is a rare thing to find nowadays.
Why is Ginger Special
Ginger is an ancient spice and is treated as a universal medicine by ancients. But now it is just a common spice for many of those who are unaware of the benefits of ginger. Some people pass through the ginger stall ignoring it as it is not a buying material. In this article we had listed out all the benefits of ginger and how it is used in various treatment processes. At the end of this article, you will learn to make use of Ginger and Ginger tea effectively.
Ginger root is a great resource of magnesium, manganese, potassium, copper and vitamin B6, and each of it has its own importance in the functioning of our body. Let us look benefits in detail.
Health Benefits of Ginger and Ginger Tea
Adding a little quantity of ginger or ginger powder in the food will show game-changing effects in your health. It has benefits which none of the other spices and vegetables has. It is highly recommended to use in your food daily to enjoy these benefits of ginger. Ginger root also works effectively when used in tea. It also adds a mesmerising taste to the tea which makes Ginger tea one of the most fun beverages. It is available in almost every place where normal tea is available, so it is also easy to get. Check out these amazing ginger root benefits
Boosts Immune system
- Despite all of us eat junk food outside only a few of us get sick by it. Despite climate change is for all of us only a few of us get affected by it. Why does that happen and who are those few people? It depends on one’s immune system. A person with little immune power gets easily affected by changes in climate and harmful organisms.
- The immune system is our body’s army force that fights against harmful micro-organisms. This system is solely responsible for keeping our body safe from diseases.
- GINGER ROOT boosts the immune system which helps in killing bacteria, cleansing toxins and fighting against micro-organisms. It also activates lymphocytes (specialised white blood cells) which kill viruses and destroys tumour cells. This enhances our defence mechanism.
- Wash ginger, peel off the skin and having few slices will make things for you, or eat directly a small piece of ½ -1-inch length if you like it. Try every way and stick to the one you like the most. Peeling the skin and eating is the better one for obvious reasons.
- It is one of the best ginger root medicinal uses. ‘Digestion problem’ is a common word we hear these days from people. One who suffers from this problem better to start using ginger immediately.
- It neutralizes acids and also stimulates secretion of digestive juices which plays a vital role in digestion and cure digestion problems.
- It contains bioactive substances that help for healthy digestion
- It also treats gastrointestinal High fibre content in ginger increases gastrointestinal mobility.
- Eat a small piece of ginger before a meal to activate digestive juices in the stomach. This will ease the digestion process and mobilisation of food.
- Ginger can also be enjoyed in juices. Ginger root juice is very famous in some parts of the world. Add little amount of ginger in carrot-apple juice, lemon juice, cane juice, apple-celery juice, beet juice. Having juice is always enjoying, and ginger juice benefits you with good health.
- Nausea is a painful feeling that creates the urge to vomit involuntarily.
- Ginger root contains phenols which help in relaxing stomach muscles that create urge to vomit which makes you feel better
- Chemicals in ginger influence stomach, nervous system and intestines to decrease the feeling of nausea
- It controls the damage caused by the free radicals in the body and controls the amount of free radicals in the body
- Ginger contains gingerol which effectively stops chemoreceptors that induce the urge to vomit.
- Ginger Tea is recommended for pregnant women and people who have undergone chemotherapy as they tend to have a more nauseous feeling.
- Take a piece of ginger of an inch and cut them into slices or small pieces and add them to tea.
Ginger is used as an anti-inflammation agent. Gingerol in ginger prevents blood vessels from inflaming and helps to maintain proper flow of blood. This reduces migraine and headache. It blocks the way headache developing into a migraine.
Scientists treat this as one of the greatest ginger root benefits. It also reduces symptoms of Osteoarthritis, joint swelling, decreased the range of motion (travel), weakness of arms and legs.
To enjoy the health benefits of ginger, simply replace your normal tea with Ginger tea and get the results you require.
Ginger Root is the only natural preventative of morning sickness. This line is to be underlined. All the remaining includes synthetic processes and synthetic chemicals which are harmful anyways. Pregnant women face this problem often and usage of synthetic stuff is extremely dangerous for them and the baby.
So ginger is a boon for those who suffer from morning sickness as it does not have any side effects. Take ginger in the form of juice which is healthy and fun. If you are not so much in to juices, go for ginger tea.
If you feel uncomfortable in your journeys, it is must to carry ginger. Pack a small piece of ginger with the other stuff for journeys for safe side. Even if it may not get useful to you, it would be helpful for someone else. It can be used in various ways. You can eat them as slices and make juice of it and have it. The most preferable way is ginger tea, as you can also enjoy tea with that. It is readily available everywhere and can be made instantly.
Ginger tea benefits you by instantly reducing the discomfort and nauseous feeling. As liquids digest faster, and as also ginger is an easily digestible, it works very quickly.
- Another amazing health benefit of ginger is that it fights effectively against cancer.
- Gingerol which is present in large amounts in ginger fights with the cancer cells from developing and prevent their uncontrollable growth.
- A study says that taking ginger daily has stronger results than chemotherapy against fighting cancer cells in a long run
- Ginger Root modulates the release of angiogenic factors in ovarian cancer cells and inhibits their growth.
- It also fights against breast cancer and prostate cancer. It may not fight immediately, but daily use of ginger inevitably brings a lot of change.
- And no need to worry about the ginger root side effects as they are completely safe to have daily in controlled quantity.
- If you have high Blood Pressure (high BP), you become a bad person shouting and yelling on others. You will be hated by others for doing that. Kidding!
- High cholesterol is a reason for high blood pressure. Taking little quantity of ginger regularly lowers cholesterol dramatically to 50%. Its anti-oxidant properties stop oxidation of low-density lipoprotein (LDL) which reduces cholesterol levels and maintain perfect blood pressure.
- Eat ginger daily and you won’t be a ‘high BP.’ Ginger root with lemon juice, honey, and many other ingredients is very effective in losing weight naturally.
- Cholesterol blocks the walls of arteries which results in heart attack, heart failure, stroke. So efforts must be made to decrease cholesterol as early as possible.
- As mentioned earlier never worry about ginger root side effects as it is safe to have in controlled quantity.
Ginger for Weight Loss
One of the top benefits of ginger is weight loss. Ginger helps for weight loss through different processes.
We sometimes eat more than we require and gain weight. So eating ginger root suppresses the tendency of eating more and helps in reaching satiety without affecting hormonal parameters and metabolism. Due to satiety we feel sufficient and suppress the feeling of appetite and stop eating more. The decrease in extra food causes a reduction in extra weight. This is one of the contributions of ginger for weight loss.
Cortisol is a steroid hormone necessary for mobilisation and energy production. Cortisol levels rise high under stress. Adipose fat migrates to the visceral area and receives increased blood supply which results in tissues producing more amount of cortisol. High levels of cortisol increase weight gain and belly fat. Ginger suppresses the cortisol and maintains their standard to which it is required. Drink Ginger Tea daily in the morning to keep cortisol level in control.
[ Read : Exercises To Reduce Belly Fat ]
Ginger creates thermogenic effect which expands blood vessels, increases body heat and burns fat 20% faster than if you don’t take ginger. These are health benefits of ginger accounting for weight loss
- Ginger is an excellent remedy for hair loss. It contains circulating agents which increase blood flow to the scalp. This helps in better blood circulation at hair follicles and triggers their growth from roots
- Fatty acids present in ginger root stop hair from thinning and build strength in hair which eventually stops hair fall.
- Dandruff is a common problem that leads to hair loss. Natural antiseptic property in ginger cure dandruff problem and supply essential vitamins, magnesium, phosphorous, potassium for strong hair and hair growth.
- Split ends are formed when protective cuticle at the end of the hair is destroyed. Ginger benefits you by helping in the process of solving the problem of split ends.
Taste of Ginger
One cannot forget this amazing benefit of ginger. Ginger root spice up your food and make your food delicious by giving a sparky flavor to it.
Above are the major health benefits of ginger, but it also has many other advantages which are listed below.
[ Read : Home Remedies for Dandruff ]
Ginger Root Benefits
- Ginger is easy to use, easily available in every store and inexpensive
- People who suffer from stress and tension are recommended to drink Ginger Tea daily to feel relieved and work effectively
- Gingerol in ginger, the bioactive substance lowers the chances of infections. It prevents bacteria affecting our body and inhibits their working.
Other ginger medicinal uses are
- Relieve stress
- Fights against Respiratory problems
- Decrease Menstrual Discomfort
- Improves Fertility
- Prevents urinary infection
- Useful as anti-aging skin
- Treats acne
- Sore throat relief
Which Ginger to Buy
As ginger is available everywhere, you have a lot of options to choose where to buy. Fresh ginger is preferable over dried one since it is good in flavour and contains high amounts of gingerol. To enjoy health benefits of ginger make sure they are smooth, firm and free from mold.
Ginger is available in young and mature forms. Mature ginger is more available one and has tough skin which requires peeling. Young ginger is only available in Asian markets that do not need to be peeled. Ginger can be wrapped in plastic bags and can be stored in the refrigerator for a long time.
How To Enjoy Ginger
This liquid form of ginger is widely used in many parts of the world. The majority number of people has the habit of drinking tea. Just add little amount of ginger to it for healthy purpose and we promise it does not spoil the taste, but in turn, it adds a delicious flavor to the tea. Ginger tea benefits your health in numerous ways and that’s the reason why it must be added into your life.
How to Make it
- Fill the kettle with pure and fresh water and boil it for some time
- Cut fresh ginger into slices or small pieces and put them in boiling water and leave it for some time to steep
- Strain the water from ginger slices/pieces
- Add little amount of honey for the sake of taste which is optional
- Add lemon if you like which is optional
- Now Ginger Tea is ready to taste
- Add milk to the above water if you like
Ginger Tea Benefits
- It is readily available everywhere, made instantly and easily made
- Drink it before journey to prevent motion sickness
- Addition of two teaspoons of peppermint to the tea works effectively in relieving nausea
- Ginger tea does everything to your health that ginger root is capable of. Ginger as a raw piece is equally potential as ginger tea.
- Benefits of ginger tea include everything of ginger root benefits. So, if you are somewhat allergic or not feeling tasteful with raw ginger, tea helps you initially. After a few days of practising taking tea, your can smooth yourself up to taste raw ginger and reap the benefits of ginger in the potential level.
Ginger root Juice
Ginger root can also be enjoyed in juices. Ginger is available in powder form which can be mixed with water and have it. Pour water in mixer or grinder, add ginger pieces to it and grind it till ginger is mixed. Strain the water and have it.
Ginger powder is also available directly in stores. If you want to avoid the whole process of making ginger powder, you can go for direct buying option.
Add few pieces/slices of ginger when making carrot-apple juice, lemon juice, cane juice, apple-celery juice, beet juice to enjoy ginger juice benefits. There is no hard work behind it, just adding few slices of ginger while making your juice and that’s it.
Ginger –Garlic Paste
The ginger-garlic paste is present in every Indian home refrigerator. This spices the food and adds a delicious taste to the curries and is also good for health. It pairs well with almost every curry. Peel off the skin of ginger and garlic. Dry them till no moisture is observed. Grind it together with a tablespoon of oil (optional) or directly grind ginger and garlic pieces. Store it in the fridge to use it further. Use only in little amount because the addition of more paste spoils the taste. So use it only in limited quantity.
Ginger in Regular food
Add a little quantity of ginger to the food you daily take curries, soups, salads, desserts, juices so that you can leverage ginger medicinal uses and also you get ginger taste spark in your food.
Essential oil is extracted from ginger by the grating. This oil is rich in gingerol that has many medicinal uses. Two drops of this oil are recommended therapeutic dose. Aromatic compounds in essential oil are used in treating skin diseases and cancer.
Ginger Root Side Effects
- Ginger is safe for almost everyone, but there are possible complications and side effects using it.
- As we have learned earlier about ginger for weight loss, it is pretty clear that people who are trying to gain weight should not take ginger which suppresses the appetite and makes feel satiety
- Most common ginger root side effects are
- Stomach upset
- Mouth Irritation
- Sometimes diarrhea
- Discuss with your doctor about using ginger if you are on diabetes medication, blood thinners, and medications on high pressure. Because ginger increases bleeding which becomes worse with blood thinners and lowers blood sugar levels and lowers blood pressure
- Ginger root juice is unquestionably good for health but does not take it if you already have a habit of Ginger Tea because it could be an overdose. Do not take ginger in massive quantities which increases the chance of side effects.
- Pregnant ladies should make sure with the doctor about ginger before using it.