Health Benefits of Peanuts – Regular Food with Rare Benefits
Peanuts are legumes, obtained from the ground. Hence, peanuts are commonly termed as groundnuts, earth nuts, etc. Peanuts are classified as nuts as they have all the properties of nuts such as almonds, cashew nuts, etc. The peanut benefits are many, and hence it is a very popular household item.
- Peanuts grow in a fascinating manner.
- Peanuts belong to the Leguminous plants
- Peanuts are similar to beans, lentils, etc. yet classified as nut such as almonds, cashew nuts, etc.
- Peanuts growth is initiated as above ground flowers.
- Owing to the heavy weight of the flowers, they start drooping and bending downwards.
- The flower slowly burrows underground, where the peanuts will grow and mature.
- A pod of peanut will comprise of 2-3 kernels, covered in a brownish skin.
- The benefits of peanuts can be attributed to the high nutritional value of it.
- Peanuts are rarely consumed raw.
- Peanuts are easily available all throughout the year.
How Can Peanuts Be Consumed?
Peanuts are mostly consumed in the form of salted and roasted peanuts, as peanut butter, etc. Peanuts are rarely consumed in the raw form. The other forms in which peanuts are prepared are peanut oil, peanut flour, peanut protein, etc. The benefits of peanuts make it a very popular ingredient in many recipes. Peanuts are used in a wide spectrum of foods such as:
Nutritional Value Of Peanuts:
Peanuts are rich in minerals, healthy fats, proteins, and vitamins. Peanuts are rich in fats but have zero cholesterol. The fat content ranges from 55-57%. The peanuts nutrition can be attributed to its rich composition of vitamins and minerals. The high protein content makes it a rich plant-based protein source. The following table will give you the nutritional value of peanuts:
- Peanuts are rich in proteins, about 22-30% of calories.
- The protein in peanuts can be attributed to “Arachin” and “Conarachin.”
- Although peanuts are an exceptionally rich source of proteins, there are many allergic reactions that can be manifested.
- Some people have severe allergies to the proteins found in peanuts.
- Hence, people with peanut allergies must avoid peanuts and other products made from peanuts completely.
Health Benefits Of Peanuts:
The numerous peanuts health benefits make it a very popular ingredient in the kitchen. The most common benefits are as follows:
- Aid in Weight Loss
- Reduce Cardiac Problems
- Promote Healthy Heart
- Help in the Reduction of Gallstones
- Rich in Energy
- Facilitate Proper Growth
- Fights Stomach Cancer
- Fights against Nerve Diseases
- Prevents Alzheimer’s Disease
- Reduces the Chances of Stroke
- Promotes Healthy Skin
- Improves Fertility
- Regulates Blood Sugars
- Fights Depression
- Promotes Healthy Hair
Peanuts For Weight Loss:
One of the most popular benefits of peanuts is to facilitate in weight loss.
- Peanuts help in appropriate weight maintenance.
- Although peanuts are rich in fats and calories, they don’t contribute in gaining weight.
- The regular consumption of peanuts will help in reducing the risk of obesity.
- The consumption of peanuts will keep you satisfied and full for a long time, thereby reducing the appetite.
- Peanuts are a healthy source of insoluble dietary fibers, which helps in reducing the weight gain.
- Peanuts for weight loss are incorporated in the diet plan by many fitness experts and dieticians.
Peanuts And Healthy Heart:
- One of the leading causes of death all over the world is cardiac problems and heart diseases.
- It has been found that the regular consumption of peanuts facilitates healthy heart and reduces the risk to cardiac diseases.
- Peanuts are a rich source of antioxidants, healthy nutrients such as magnesium, niacin, copper, oleic acid, etc. which promotes a healthy heart.
- Peanuts have a natural cholesterol-lowering effect.
- A handful of peanuts, a minimum of four times in a week, will prevent the risk of coronary heart diseases and other cardiovascular problems.
Peanuts For The Prevention Of Gallstones:
- The occurrence of gallstones in the gallbladder is a very common problem nowadays.
- The frequent consumption of peanuts is found to be helpful in the reduction of the risk of gallstone formation.
- Gallstones are mostly composed of cholesterol.
- You can consume the raw peanuts for health or consume the peanut butter spread for the prevention of gallstones.
Peanuts-Reduce The Chances Of Stroke:
- One of the most striking benefits of peanuts is the reduction in the chances of stroke.
- Stroke is a very common problem faced by many people these days.
- Regular and frequent consumption of peanuts will help in reducing the chances of stroke.
- Peanuts are rich in the flavonoid-Resveratrol.
- The flavonoids help in the protecting you against stroke.
Peanuts-Protection Against Alzheimer’s Disease:
- Peanuts are a rich source of Niacin.
- Regular consumption of peanuts will facilitate in reducing the chances of age related health issues such as Alzheimer’s disease.
- Niacin helps in reducing the cognitive decline in people as they age.
- One of the most striking benefits of peanuts is the protection against Alzheimer’s disease.
- You can boost your Niacin content through the consumption of a handful of peanuts every day!
Peanut Benefits For Skin:
The various peanuts benefits for skin are as follows:
- The regular consumption of peanuts helps in increasing the flow of blood in the veins and the blood vessels.
- The increased blood flow in the blood vessels helps you to get a healthy and glowing skin.
- One of the best benefits of peanuts is the effective treatment of skin disorders such as eczema, Psoriasis, etc.
- The fatty acids in the peanuts are known to reduce swelling and redness of the skin.
- The protein content of peanuts helps in the regeneration of the damaged skin cells.
- Vitamins E, Zinc, and Magnesium helps in treating acne by acting on the bacteria.
- The high content of Vitamin C in peanuts helps in increasing the elasticity of the skin, thereby preventing the formation of unwanted wrinkles.
- The frequent intake of peanuts will help in making your skin look supple and glowing.
- The antioxidants present in peanuts helps in rejuvenating the skin by healing wounds and bruises.
- Peanut butter face mask acts as an excellent face mask, by removing the dirt and grime from the skin cells.
- You can get a flawless skin by the regular intake of peanuts owing to the rich content of the mono-saturated fatty acids in it.
Peanuts Benefits For Hair:
There are various peanuts benefits for hair as follows:
- The high content of Vitamins and minerals in peanuts contribute to the health of hair.
- Peanuts can be effectively used for treating baldness in men.
- Peanuts are composed of the amino acid L-arginine, which promotes hair growth.
- Peanuts help in maintaining the strength of the hair.
- Being rich in Vitamin E, peanuts will prevent the hair from getting excessively dry and brittle.
- The high protein content helps in promoting the growth of the body cells.
- Peanuts are a very good source of Biotin.
- Biotin plays a crucial role in the overall health of the scalp.
- Lack of Biotin in the body can make your hair fall by making them brittle and dry.
The various benefits of peanuts make it a very popular snacking item. Peanuts are consumed by people in many forms such as:
- Peanut butter spread on bread
- Celery stick with peanut butter dip
- Lightly roasted nuts
- Nuts sprinkled on the cereal
- Nuts in salads
- Peanuts in ice cream
- Peanut cookies and biscuits
- Milk chocolate pudding with peanuts
- Peanut brittle bars
- Peanut Doughnuts
- Peanut shortcakes
- Peanut Fritters
General Health Benefits Of Peanuts:
Peanuts are a rich source of Vitamin B, E, C, Calcium, Folate, Biotin, Riboflavin, Iron, Phosphorous, Potassium, Manganese, Carbohydrates, Fats, Proteins, etc. Owing to the rich nutritional value, the benefits of peanuts are innumerable. The various benefits can be enlisted as follows:
- Peanuts help in maintaining healthy bones.
- Peanuts are especially advisable for consumption by children and grown adults.
- Peanuts help in increasing the stamina and body’s defense mechanism.
- Peanuts help in rejuvenating the skin by making it glow.
- Peanuts help in weight management.
- Peanuts help in increasing the energy levels and maintain the overall health of an individual.
Peanut Face Masks:
Face masks made up of peanuts along with other ingredients will help you in getting a flawless and glowing skin. The face pack will purify the skin, regenerate the skin membranes, and treat the dry and damaged skin cells. The various face masks with peanuts are as follows:
Peanut And Honey Face Mask:
- 3 tbsp peanuts
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tbsp honey
Things To Do..
Grind the peanuts with milk in a mixer grinder. Add honey to the smooth paste and apply it on the face. Leave the face mask for about 20mins and wash with water. Pat-dry the face with a soft towel after removing the peanut and almond face mask.
Peanuts And Chocolate Face Pack:
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tbsp melted chocolate
- Some milk
Things To Do…
Mix the peanut butter with melted chocolate in a small bowl. Allow the ingredients to mix well and apply on the face. Allow the face pack to dry for about 15mins. Rinse well with warm water. Some milk can be added to the face pack if it becomes very dry.
Peanuts And Banana Face Pack:
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
Things To Do…
Take the ripe bananas and mix well with peanut butter to form a smooth paste. Apply the face pack on the face and leave for 15mins. Rinse well with warm water.
Peanuts And Orange Face Pack:
- 2 oranges
- 2 tbsp peanuts
- 2 tbsp milk
Things To Do…
Peel the oranges and make a smooth paste with them. Add ground peanuts with milk into the smooth paste. Add all the ingredients and make a thick and smooth paste. Apply on the face and allow it to dry for about 15mins. Rinse well with cold water.
Peanuts And Rosewater Pack:
- 2 tbsp peanuts
- 3 tbsp milk
- Few drops of rose water
Things To Do..
Grind the peanuts with milk to make a smooth paste. Add a few drops of rosewater to the paste. Apply the paste on the face and allow it to dry for about 15mins. Rinse well with warm water.
All the face packs help in repairing the damaged skin cells, making your skin flawless and fair. So, incorporate peanuts in your health care regime, for the skin. Apart from the various benefits of peanuts for skin, they are also very beneficial for maintaining the overall health of an individual, scalp health, healthy bones, etc.