Benefits of Sunflower Oil – ‘A Best of All’ Type Ingredient
Sunflowers constitute to be one of the most beautiful flowers amongst all. The flowers are popular not just for their aesthetic beauty, but also for the healthy vegetable oil extracted from them. The sunflower seeds have been extensively used for the extraction of cooking oil, from ancient days. The nutrient value of sunflower oil makes it one of the most preferred oils by people. There are many benefits of sunflower oil which are the reason for its widespread popularity.
The nutrient value of the sunflower seeds and the flowers make it rich in the essential fats, Vitamins, Minerals, etc. People use the oil for cooking purposes on a large scale. Apart from finding use in the kitchen, the oil extracted from sunflower is also used in making skin care products, hair care products, etc.
Composition Of Sunflower Oil:
The composition of sunflower oil makes it one of the healthiest oils amongst all. There are many sunflower oil benefits, both on oral consumption as well as on topical application.
The remarkable fatty acid composition of the oil makes it very healthy. The various components of sunflower oil include the following:
- Linoleic Acid
- Oleic Acid
- Palmitic Acid
- Stearic Acid
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin D
- Vitamin E
Types Of Sunflower Seeds:
The sunflower oil is extracted from the black colored seeds as well as the flower. There are two types of sunflower seeds as follows:
Confection Sunflower Seeds:
The seeds are used for extraction of cooking oil, and constitute to be the edible variety. There are various benefits of sunflower oil.
Non-edible Sunflower Seeds:
The seeds are used for feeding the animals and isn’t suitable for human consumption.
Sunflower Oil Facts:
- The color of the sunflower oil is amber.
- It has a mild and pleasing taste.
- The refined variety of the oil is light yellow in color.
- The oil contains high amounts of polyunsaturated fats.
- It is the most widely preferred cooking oils owing to various benefits of sunflower oil.
- People prefer sunflower oil over the other oils such as Corn, Canola, Olive, and Safflower oils.
- The sunflower oil has remarkable smoothening properties.
- The sunflower oil for skin and face acts as an essential ingredient of various cosmetics and skin products.
- The long shelf life of the sunflower oil makes it perfect for beauty preparations.
- The sunflower oil is very light and non-volatile.
- The extraction procedure from the sunflower seeds and the flowers is easy and quick.
Sunflower Oil Benefits For Health in General:
There are many benefits of sunflower oil, which can be enlisted as follows:
- Improving the health of the heart.
- Boosting the energy levels.
- Sunflower oil for face and skin health.
- Improves the skin condition.
- Protects the skin from aging.
- Strengthening the immune system of the body.
- Preventing cancerous cells from multiplying in the body.
- Lowering the levels of Cholesterol in the blood.
- Treats few skin infections on topical application.
- Providing ample protection against Asthma.
- Sunflower oil for hair
- Reducing inflammation in the body parts.
Sunflower Oil Health Benefits:
There are various sunflower oil benefits for health, which can be enlisted as follows:
Cholesterol Lowering Properties:
As per the composition of the sunflower oil, it has the appropriate balance of fatty acids, which are essential for the body. The absence of saturated fats in the oils makes it very healthy for human consumption.
Promoting A Healthy Heart Life:
One of the best benefits of sunflower oil is to protect the body from stroke and heart attack. When sunflower oil is incorporated in the daily diet in moderation, it prevents the blood pressure from rising. Sunflower oil has the capability to avert the blood from clogging the arteries and thus, protecting from a possible cardiac attack.
Treatment Of Athlete’s Foot:
The best sunflower oil benefits for health are to treat the fungal infection, Athlete’s foot. The infection is caused by Tinea pedis in between the toes. The application of the sunflower oil in the places of infection helps in treating it quicker.
Boosting The Immune System:
Sunflower oil is a rich source of Vitamin E. It acts as a natural antioxidant, which is linked with boosting the body metabolisms and immune responses. The regular consumption of sunflower oil will increase the resistance of the body towards infectious diseases. Sunflower oil for health will facilitate the boosting of the body’s defense mechanism.
Boosting The Energy Levels:
The presence of saturated fats in the cooking oil can make a person dull, sluggish, and lethargic. Sunflower oil benefits are because it is a rich source of unsaturated fats, which will help in keeping the energy levels up. People who consume sunflower oil on a regular basis will be active and healthier than the others who don’t consume it.
The various benefits of sunflower oil are due to the presence of antioxidants in it. The antioxidants will help in the elimination of the free radicals. The cancerous cells can be then mutated into healthy cells, thereby preventing different types of cancers.
Sunflower oil has anti-inflammatory properties, owing to the rich Vitamin content. The fatty acid content of the sunflower oil makes it very healthy, providing protection against deadly diseases such as Asthma, Arthritis, etc.
Protection Against Infections:
The sunflower oil provides protection to the skin by strengthening the skin membranes. It acts as an excellent barrier, thereby making it very difficult for bacteria, viruses, and other infectious agents from entering the body.
Sunflower Oil Benefits For Skin:
Owing to the rich nutrient value of the oil, there are many sunflower oil benefits for skin, as follows:
- Being a rich source of Vitamin E, sunflower oil improves the health of the skin and the face.
- Sunflower oil has natural calming and moisturizing properties.
- Sunflower oil protects the skin from the harsh Ultra Violet rays of the skin.
- The regular application of the sunflower oil on the skin will help in the degrading the age naturally.
- Vitamin E of the sunflower oil will help in the neutralizing the free radicals in the body.
- By the topical application of sunflower oil, there will be a remarkable decrease in the scars, age-spots, wrinkles, freckles, etc.
- Sunflower oil benefits for skin are because it has natural wound curative properties, which helps in giving a healthy glow to the skin.
- Sunflower oil finds extensive usage in skin problems such as Eczema, Acne, Redness of the skin, Skin Irritation, Inflammation, etc.
Using Sunflower Oil For Skin:
The various benefits of the sunflower oil for skin can be enlisted as follows:
The emollient assets of the sunflower oil will help in the retention of the moisture in the skin. Applying the sunflower oil for face and massaging it on infants will help in reducing the chances of a possible skin infection. The emollient properties of the sunflower oil will protect the skin from excessive dehydration and drying. It will make the skin supple, by removing the impurities, dust, dead skin, etc.
Improving The Overall Health Of The Skin:
The various benefits of sunflower oil are due to the rich content of Vitamin E, similar to that of Almond oil, Shea Butter, etc. It helps in protecting the skin cells from getting damaged by the strong UV rays of the sun. It also helps in removing the wrinkles on the face by smoothening it.
Getting Rid Of Acne:
Sunflower oil is a rich source of Vitamin A, Vitamin D, Vitamin C, Carotenoids, etc. The various benefits of sunflower oil are because it acts as a natural barrier on the skin, without clogging the skin pores. The oil being non-volatile will get absorbed quickly and hence, acts as one of the best non-sticky oils.
The sunflower oil on the topical application will make the skin less sensitive to the harsh rays of the sun. The damage caused to the skin will be treated effectively by the application of the oil on the face, neck, and other exposed parts of the body.
Reduction In The Signs Of Aging:
The sunflower oil is a rich source of antioxidants will help in protecting the skin from the signs of premature aging. The regular application of the oil on the face will help in preventing the early signs of aging such as Age-spots, Wrinkles, Freckles, etc.
Treating Skin Disorders:
The sunflower oil is very light in its texture and hence, suitable for skin and eye care. The benefits of sunflower oil in aromatherapy are innumerable. It has a mild fragrance which makes it an important ingredient in cosmetic products.
Sunflower Oil For Hair:
Similar to the skin, sunflower oil for hair has innumerable benefits. Sunflower oil is a rich source of a broad spectrum of nutrients, antioxidants, Vitamins, Fatty acids, etc. The various benefits for hair can be enlisted as follows:
Managing Frizzy Hair:
Sunflower oil has various benefits for hair, especially for softening the hair. It helps in giving the hair a brilliant sheen. The most remarkable benefits of sunflower oil are to tackle the problem of dry hair, dry scalp, damaged hair repair, etc.
Acts As A Natural Hair Conditioner:
Being a nonvolatile oil sunflower oil helps in the maintenance of the luster of the hair. It smoothens the texture of the hair and helps in the repair of dry and damaged hair. Sunflower oil has the natural capability to soften the hair on topical application and hence acts as a great conditioner.
Prevents Hair Fall:
One of the best benefits of sunflower oil for health is to prevent excessive hair fall. It finds extensive use in treating hair loss, treatment of baldness, hair thinning, etc.
The various benefits of sunflower oil make it one of the most popular oils for cooking from ancient times. Being a rich source of nutrients, Vitamins, Minerals, Fatty acids, etc. it has made a remarkable position for itself in the cosmetic industry.