Grapeseed Oil Benefits for Skin and Overall Health – What is So Magical About Grapeseed Oil?
Safeguarding and protecting your skin from all the common skin problems can be a hefty task and a big duty because of the various factors that play a major role in determining the quality of your skin, but grapeseed oil benefits for skin and health are so beneficial, you cannot resist from giving it a try.
What Exactly Is Grapeseed Oil?
It is very evident from the name that the oil is prepared from grapes but the preparation of grapeseed oil is quite interesting. The seeds that are extracted from grapes are usually the byproducts that are obtained from the winemaking.
The seeds undergo a process of cold pressing, where they are crushed and grounded by applying hydraulic power to finally give out healthy and clean greenish yellow coloured grapeseed oil.
The seeds that are subjected to cold pressing are considered very beneficial as the nutritional properties of such oils remain undisturbed and intact.
How Does Grapeseed Oil Work For Skin?
With this special type of oil becoming so trendy and famous, I took on to the internet to know the scientific beneficial properties of the oil.
What came to much of my surprise was that while other essential oils used for skin only contain Vitamins, the presence of omega 3 fatty acids and linoleic acid in grapeseed oil which serves multi purposeful for our skin is what makes grapeseed oil outstanding and exceptional.
It is the presence of these fatty acids in the grapeseed oil that helps you fight some of the typical skin problems like wrinkles, acne and zits, excessive oily skin, providing a smooth and clear skin texture.
Let us explore some interesting grapeseed oil benefits for skin and other grapeseed oil uses for health.
Grapeseed Oil Benefits For Skin
It doesn’t really matter what kind of a skin problem you are suffering from! Grapeseed oil(1) is the ultimate curative that resolves all your skin problems.
Here are some simple yet most effective beauty hacks you can follow using grapeseed oil. You can buy yourself a bottle of grapeseed oil and store it in cool temperatures so that the oil retains its natural properties for you to further make the best usage of this oil.
1.Grapeseed Oil For Skin Lightening
The most common reason that causes your original skin complexion to fade away is a skin tan. If you have spent a good holiday vacation and tanned your skin, No worries!
You will never again hesitate to go out and enjoy the bright warmth of the sunlight after knowing this simple beauty tip that will help you retain your original colour.
How To Use Grapeseed Oil For Skin Lightening?
- Take grapeseed oil into your hands, rub it into both your palms.
- Apply the oil all over the tanned parts of your skin and use your forefingers to apply a firm and gentle pressure on to your skin.
- Continue the rubbing for 5 minutes and rest aside for half an hour to let the oil get absorbed into your skin pores.
- Rinse your face using a sulphate free soap and lukewarm water.
Grapeseed oil for skin lightening works best if applied thrice in a week.
2. Grapeseed Oil For Acne
People look out for various natural remedies for acne which is the most prevalent skin problem, people but the most appropriate and beneficial ingredients that resolve acne problem go unnoticed.
The benefits of grapeseed oil for skin are being utilized for 6000 years and the most commonly used remedy is the usage of grapeseed oil for acne.
Sometimes acne can be so stubborn, they ruin your beauty and lower your self-esteem. If persistent acne has been troubling you, here is how to use grapeseed oil for acne cure.
How To Use Grapeseed Oil For Acne?
- If your acne is too severe, do not use your fingers to rub the oil into your acne as this may rupture them.
- Take a few tablespoons of grapeseed oil into a bowl and dip a cotton ball into the oil.
- Press the cotton ball onto your acne and be sure that you apply a gentle force.
- You can rub the oil onto other parts of your face also (Make sure you use a separate cotton ball so that the infection does not spread to other parts of your skin).
Inflammation is the most troublesome symptom of acne which can be reduced using grapeseed oil The anti-inflammatory properties(2) of grapeseed oil soothes your infection by helping your skin to get rid of the infectious pus.
3. The Best Ingredient To Be Used For Makeup Removal.
Nothing can be worse than sleeping with makeup on because the chemical properties of certain cosmetics can result in clogged pores which is the main reason for the emergence of acne.
This beauty hack will make the process of makeup removal much easier thereby helping you wake up with a clean, fresh and glowing skin.
How To Use Grapeseed Oil To Remove Makeup?
- Take the required amounts of grapeseed oil into the cotton pad and start by rubbing your cheeks to remove the makeup.
- Your aim is to prevent the harmful reaction of cosmetics on your skin by stopping the chemical from invading deep into your pores. You will have to rub the cotton pad with much pressure so that it helps in an effective cleansing.
- Once your entire makeup is removed, you can splash some fresh water on to your face and use a skin friendly soap to give your skin a final wash.
Grapeseed oil benefits for skin are so numerous they not only work as an effective remedy to treat external skin problems but also works the best for some simple beauty hacks, more particularly for make up removal because of its lubricant properties.
4. Grapeseed Oil Benefits For Skin Itchiness
The skin texture of our skin is definitely not within our control. You may have to use several moisturizers to prevent an excessive skin dryness.
Winters can often seem like nightmares for people bearing dry skin as the temperature can make the skin flakier and itchy.
You can definitely fight your dry skin issues by using grapeseed oil for face very frequently. You just have to squeeze the oil into your palms, rub your palms together and apply the oil all over your skin and other parts of your body where you witness dry and flaky skin.
You can make a habit of applying the oil on the problematic areas every night before you go to bed. Massage with the oil for a few minutes to get rid of skin itchiness so that the anti-inflammatory properties of the oil soothe your skin.
5. Grapeseed Oil To Remove Dark Circles
You can try avoiding a continuous glaring at your smartphone screen if you think it is the main reason for the occurrence of dark circles but you cannot avoid your job that subjects your eyes to a continuous strain which shows up in the form of dark circles.
Grapeseed oil uses are so diverse; you can use them to get rid of dark circles within no time.
How To Use Grapeseed Oil For Dark Circles?
- Before using grapeseed oil for skin, rinse your face with water and pat dry so that there is no dirt and bacteria adhered to your skin.
- Take a few drops of grapeseed oil onto a cotton pad and dab the cotton pad under your eyes. You can continue to rub and massage the oil for five minutes until your skin is able to absorb the oil effectively.
- Make sure that you rub the oil under your eyes before you go to sleep. Place two slices of potato under your eyes after applying the oil.
- Follow the remedy on a daily basis and you will see the dark circles eventually fading away.
6. Use Grapeseed Oil To Diminish Wrinkles & Lines
We all must admit that we secretly hope of not getting older because we believe looking young and beautiful makes our life much easier and fun filled. Here is the secret for making your wish come true.
Most people have been making the best use of grapeseed oil benefits for skin by applying this perfect homemade face pack to eliminate the wrinkles and lines within a short period of time.
Honey, Yogurt And Grapeseed Oil Face Pack
- Mix one tablespoon of honey, two tablespoons of yoghurt and one tablespoon of grapeseed oil in a clean bowl. (You can change the quantities so that a smooth paste is formed)
- Use a clean brush to apply the paste all over your face and neck where the wrinkles and fine lines are visible.
- Let the face pack remain in your skin for half an hour to forty-five minutes or you can wait until the mixture gets totally dried up.
- Rinse your face with mild to lukewarm water and par it dry with a clean cloth.
Grapeseed oil can tighten up your skin pores and prevent the occurrence of wrinkles. Moreover, the emergence of wrinkles is due to the loss of skin elasticity which can be prevented by using grapeseed oil for skin.
7. Grapeseed Oil Benefits For Skin Enhancement
The presence of spots, blemishes and scars can sometimes get amplified when you get exposed to sunlight. You can acquire a baby soft, glowing and youthful skin devoid of all the dots ad scars by simply using grapeseed oil for face.
How To Use Grapeseed Oil For Skin Purification?
Using grapeseed oil for skin involves two simple steps which you can follow twice in a week to attain a spotless skin within a short period of one month.
1. A good massage using grapeseed oil – Rinse your face with a good skin friendly soap and cleanse it using a neat and clean towel.
Take some oil into your palms and rub this all over your skin using your forefingers. Continue massaging your skin with the oil for ten minutes and let the oil remain on your face for half an hour.
Rinse it off with lukewarm water and cleanse your face using a dry cloth.
2. Apply the turmeric face mask – Take two tablespoons of turmeric, one tablespoon yoghurt, two teaspoons of lime juice and two teaspoons of rose water into a clean bowl.
Mix the ingredients well and apply a thick layer of face pack all over your neck and skin.
Let the mixture get dried after which you can rinse your face with water.
Vitamin E present in the grapeseed oil helps in enhancing your skin quality because it prevents the free radicals from damaging your skin.
8. Grapeseed Oil To Prevent Excess Oil Production
The natural oil production varies from one person to another and you could be suffering from an oily skin if your sebaceous glands produce excess oils. But the grapeseed oil benefits for skin are such, they can be used for both oily and dry skin types.
Your skin may appear oily and sticky because of the production of excess oils or your skin could develop acne because of the irregular sebum production. Here is the best way to get rid of the problem.
- Keep washing your face very frequently, at least thrice in a day to clean the excess oils and preventing them from causing clogged pores in your skin.
- Apply grapeseed oil on your face, one hour before you take a regular bath.
- You can also use this as your night serum! All you need to do is take some oil into your palms and massage it all over your skin before you go to sleep.
- You will wake up with a fresh and refreshed skin, early in the morning.
- The fatty acids present in the oils will help your skin in regulating a normal oil production (not less or more), thereby balancing the pH of your skin.
Other Grapeseed Oil Benefits For Health
The regular vegetable oils that you use for cooking are so unnatural, they are mixed with additives that may strip away the natural properties of the oils.
In addition to this, the composition of vegetable oils is so different from other healthy cooking oils like olive oil, grapeseed oil and coconut oil which makes the vegetable oils the least preferred.
Vegetable oils are made up of poly saturated fats which show a great negative impact on your cardiovascular health. Let us see the composition of grapeseed oil on contrary to the regular vegetable oils.
Omega 3 Fatty Acids
Omega 3 fatty acids are the type of fatty acids that are most commonly found in seafood and that which are rare to be found in the common foods helps. They help in
- Improvising your cardiovascular health and reducing the chances of heart strokes
- Improving your mental health and reducing the probability of depression.
- Helping in a better neurological processing and a healthy brain development in children
- Reduce the joint pains and providing a major relief from pain to the people suffering from rheumatoid arthritis.
- Reducing the chances of breast cancer.
Instead of relying on the vitamin E capsules, utilizing grapeseed oil for cooking can make a large difference to your health. Vitamin E present in grapeseed oil helps in
- Improvement of your reproductive health
- Fights the free radicals and makes the immune system stronger
- Improves your eyesight
- Prevents diabetes, cancer and various digestive disorders
- Helps in anti-ageing, making you look young and beautiful.
Sai Sudha is a certified health blogger, who has an experience of above 2 years with an authorized certificate in the area of Introduction to food and health from Stanford University.
She has a special interest in life sciences, human psychology and fitness which drove her to make blogging turn passion to profession. Being an introvert, writer, empath and a nature lover, she loves Yoga and believes it to be one of the best pathways to self discovery! She loves travelling, exploring new places and wants to spread help through words. She finds happiness in little things which makes her live life to the fullest.