Keep Stomach Problems At Bay-Have More Guavas : Guava Health Benefits
Guavas are commonly known as “Amrood.” The goodness of the fruit makes it very healthy for human consumption. Guavas are a rich source of Vitamins, healthy sugars, and minerals. Guavas are available and consumed in different degrees of ripeness but the guava health benefits remain the same.
If you are wondering about the uses of guavas, it finds extensive usage in cooking. It is a crucial ingredient in various sweets and savories. Cooked guavas make delicious jams, jellies, murabba, etc. The strong and sweet fragrance of the guavas is what grabs the attention of most people!
You must wash the fruit well before consumption as it can contain pesticide and insecticide residues. The fruit can be diced and cut into pieces. The fruit must be consumed with the outer green or yellow skin, as it is rich in guava nutrition.
What is So Striking About Guavas?
Apart from the external look of the fruit, the unique fragrance and taste make it one of the most preferred fruits amongst all. The innumerable guava benefits make it a super fruit!
The outer skin of the fruit can range from shades of green to yellow. The color of the flesh can be white, beige or even pink!
The guava seeds are edible and healthy for human consumption. Most people don’t prefer to eat the seeds of the guavas, yet it tops the list of the favorite fruits by and far!
There are innumerable health benefits of guava leaves, which is the reason why many people don’t discard the leaves.
Nutritional Profile Of Guavas:
The guava nutrition shows that it is a rich source of Vitamin C, antioxidants, Folate, Manganese, Potassium, water, etc. It has all the essential nutrients which are required to maintain the overall health of an individual.
The nutritional value of guavas can be enlisted as follows:
Guava Health Benefits:
The innumerable guava health benefits can be enlisted as follows:
- Guava to protect from different types of cancer owing to the rich composition of Vitamin C.
- Guava cleanses the digestive system and promotes proper bowel movements.
- You can prevent constipation through the regular consumption of guavas.
- Eat guavas to promote healthy eyesight.
- The intake of guava improves the fertility rate in humans as it is a rich source of Folic acid.
- One of the best guava health benefits is it helps in lowering the levels of blood sugar.
- You can maintain the blood pressure, as guavas are a rich source of Potassium.
- Guavas are a rich source of Copper, which is good for the thyroid gland.
- Being a rich source of Manganese, guavas help in the proper absorption of Vitamins, Biotin, and other vital minerals.
- Guavas help to relax the muscles and the nerves.
- A healthy flow of blood in the body can be maintained through the intake of guavas.
- Recent studies have shown a positive relationship between guavas weight loss.
- Guava for promoting healthy skin maintenance.
- Healthy, long, and strong hair through guava consumption.
Guava And Healthy Hair:
Guavas help in promoting healthy development and growth of hair. The guava vitamins and minerals help in making the tresses long, strong, and healthy.
The benefits of guava leaves for hair have recently come into the picture. The topical application of the guava leaves on the scalp will help in combating the problem of hair loss by preventing hair breakage.
Being a rich source of Vitamin A and C, guavas are very beneficial for the hair.
Guava Health Benefits For Skin:
There are innumerable guava benefits for skin, owing to the rich composition of Vitamins, antioxidants, β-carotene, etc.
Guava pulp finds extensive usage in the skin care products and the cosmetic industry.
Guava improves the skin complexion and aids in keeping it fresh and radiant. It acts as an excellent scrub and exfoliates the skin from within.
Guavas with a pink flesh are rich sources of Lycopene. It facilitates in protecting the skin from the harsh ultraviolet rays of the sun, dust and pollution particles, etc.
Guava Vitamin C, A, B, Potassium, and other vital minerals play a major role in the body as detoxifiers. It facilitates in fighting the free radicals in the body and protecting the skin.
Have You Tried Guava Scrub?
You can use the mashed flesh of guava with one egg yolk. Apply the thick mixture on the face and allow it to dry for about 20 minutes. Rinse well with warm water.
The best results will be obtained when you use the paste twice in a week for at least 3 weeks. It will help in lightening the skin complexion by removing the dead skin cells and other impurities.
Guavas-The Best Toner For Skin:
One of the best guava health benefits is that it acts as an excellent skin toner. It facilitates in keeping the skin fresh and radiant by improving the elasticity of the skin.
The nutritional value of guava shows that it contains Minerals, Vitamins, Antioxidants, and other vital nutrients necessary to tone the skin from within the deep layers.
Thus, you must munch on guavas and incorporate it into the skin care regime to keep the skin free from blemishes, wrinkles, pimples, acne, etc.
The benefits of guava leaves for the skin are many! The decoction made from the immature leaves of guava plant will be very beneficial for the skin. Alternatively, a paste made of mashed guava leaves also helps in reducing the dark spots and blemishes on the face.
Guava Vitamin C aids in skin healing and repair. It gives the face the appropriate firmness to look radiant and flawless. Proper blood flow will make the skin youthful. Guava facilitates in increasing the blood flow and hence, promotes healthy skin!
Have You Heard Of Guava For Hydrating The Skin?
Hydration of the skin is vital for maintaining a healthy skin. Water plays a crucial role in keeping the skin well hydrated. It is recommended to have about 8 glasses of water every day.
Guava is one of the best sources of water as it contains more than 71% of water. Thus, the regular consumption of guava helps in keeping the skin healthy, fresh, and radiant. Especially, for those people who don’t prefer to drink water can substitute it with fruit juices or the raw fruit itself!
Treat Blackheads-Use Guava:
One of the best uses with guava is its treatment for blackheads and acne. The leaves of guava can be blended with water to make a thick paste. The regular application of the thick paste on the nose and problem areas will help in getting rid of the unwanted blackheads soon!
Miscellaneous Guava Health Benefits:
- Guava is an excellent nerve relaxant.
- It facilitates in relaxing the muscles after a strenuous workout.
- Guava is good for people suffering from Diabetes as it slows the absorption of sugar in the blood.
- Guava aids in losing weight by providing healthy nutrients and no calories.
- Being rich in fiber, guava helps in keeping you satisfied for longer.
- Guava promotes healthy heart life as it is Cholesterol free.
- Studies have proved that guava helps in flushing the unhealthy toxins from the body.
- Guava has natural anti-bacterial properties.
- Most people swear by guavas for stomach problems such as Constipation and Diarrhea.
- One of the best guava health benefits is the protection against common cold, flu, and other viral infections.
- Guava boosts the immune system and improves the overall health of an individual.
- Scurvy can be cured to a considerable extent through the regular intake of guava juice.
- Scurvy is caused due to the deficiency of Vitamin C and guava being a rich source of the vitamin helps in preventing the disease.
- One of the best uses of guava is the treatment of Dengue fever.
- Guava juice a minimum of three times in a day is found to be an effective home remedy for Dengue.
- Guava juice helps in giving instant relief from a toothache and sores gums.
Selection Of Guava:
There are different types of guavas easily available all around the year, such as:
- Chinese guava
- Strawberry guava
- Lemon guava
- Apple guava
- Mountain guava
- White Thai guava
Mostly, the guavas are green in color and turn yellow on ripening. The ripe guavas will be soft while the unripe ones will be hard and firm.
You must choose the guavas without any cuts or bruises. Blemish-free guavas without any spots of patches are the best ones.
You must avoid buying the guavas with an unusual tinge. The guavas which are very soft will rot soon and must be avoided.
Storage Of Guavas:
Guavas can be stored at room temperature for about a week if they are unripe. To fasten the ripening of the unripe guavas, you can wrap them up in a newspaper along with a banana or apple beside.
The ripe guavas can be stored for 2 days or more on refrigeration. Once the guavas get soft, they will rot very fast. Hence, you must consume the fruit quickly and reap the best guava benefits.
You can freeze guavas and store them for about a year. People cut the guava into small pieces and store the diced fruit in a plastic bag or container.
Best Ways To Eat Guavas:
Guava juice is very refreshing and delicious. You must sieve the juice to remove the hard seeds. It can be mixed with liquor and other carbonated drinks to add the special zing and flavor.
Guavas are often used in making jams and jellies. The high composition of Pectin in guavas helps in setting the jelly quickly. Thus, one of the best guava health benefits is the preparation of marmalades which is completely free from artificial sugars.
Fresh and raw guavas can be diced and topped with yogurt, cream or ice-cream.
Guavas make an excellent salad with other diced fruits. Guava with Feta cheese also makes a yummy treat.
Many people prefer to drink fresh guava juice made with cold water and some drops of lemon juice. You can use this drink as an excellent way to flush out the toxins and facilitate in guava weight loss regime!
Guava and apple curry is an excellent dish preferred by most people. You can prepare the dish with two apple and two guavas, both diced. Roast some cloves, cinnamon pieces, raisins, cashew nuts, and the diced fruits in ghee. Adding some chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, salt, and sugar will help in enhancing the flavor of the dish.
Guava kheer makes an excellent dessert. You can pressure cook the guava and remove the seeds by sieving it through a strainer. You must add some milk and sugar to the guava pulp and allow it to simmer till it thickens in consistency.
Take Home Message:
Guava is the exotic fruit with a wide range of benefits for health, skin, and hair. Thus, you must munch on some fresh guavas and reap the best guava health benefits today!