Ovulation and conception go hand in hand! From being a lone cell to rapidly dividing into a fertilized egg, it is a significant transformation. Just a few days post the fertilization of the sperm, and the egg, embryo and placenta formation occurs. At 3 weeks pregnant, you might or might not begin to feel the early pregnancy symptoms with a tiny ball being formed in you!
During the initial weeks of pregnancy, the early signs of pregnancy at 3 weeks will be in full swing, post the fertilization and implantation of the embryo in the wall of the uterus. There is rapid growth and development taking place in the fetus, facilitated by the secretion of the different hormones. Each week is potentially life changing!
Women who are trying to conceive will find it difficult to wait to get the confirmation of the pregnancy. Yes, it is normal to be anxious and excited, especially if the wait has been long! The remarkable transformation of a young lady, from a woman to a mother is motherhood indeed! There are many ways to confirm pregnancy at 3 weeks pregnant, but you must first understand about the menstrual cycle, as follows:
Following the exact date of the period is very helpful. Not only will it help in knowing the exact day of the next cycle, but also helps in calculating the best days for conception and ovulation.
Ovulation calculator helps in understanding the fertile days for conceiving. It will give you the day when ovulation occurs and hence the best days to conceive can be calculated.
Understanding the day of conception and checking for pregnancy also incorporates the use of an implantation calculator. The date through the implantation calculator will help in identifying the exact time when the implantation occurs in the uterus. Few women suffer from “implantation bleeding” and many others don’t! Implantation bleeding is the light red colored spotting which occurs when the embryo gets implanted in the uterus wall.
The HCG calculator is one of the most accurate ways for confirming pregnancy. During the initial days of conception, the most important hormone secreted is the Human Chorionic Hormone. The level of HCG can be checked in both the urine as well as the blood, as a means of confirming pregnancy.
Implantation In The Uterus:
- The tiny ball of cells, which was formed after fertilization in the fallopian tube, will slowly move into the uterus for implantation by the 3rd week of pregnancy.
- The movement of the cells from the fallopian tube to the uterus takes about six days.
- Once implanted, you can get a confirmation about the journey of pregnancy to begin!
- The formation of the zygote and the movement of the ball of cells within the body will bring about no visible changes in you. In fact, most women won’t even be aware of the remarkable changes taking place in their body at this stage.
- Placenta formation won’t take place at 3 weeks pregnant, but takes place around the 10th week of pregnancy.
- Till the time the placenta is developed and formed, a yellowish body of cells is formed.
- It provides nourishment to the growing zygote by producing the important pregnancy hormones.
Important Hormones Secreted In The Body During Pregnancy:
Pregnancy involves the secretion of different hormones in the body. Though the excess hormones secreted in the body of the expectant mother lead to many problems, they are crucial for the healthy development of the fetus. The pregnancy hormones can result in many symptoms such as:
- Nausea and vomiting
- Increased sense of smell
- Mood swings
- Frequent urination
- Indigestion, bloating, and burping
- Vaginal infections
[ Read : Ginger tea benefits ]
It is paramount to understand the hormones that are released in the body during pregnancy to support the growing embryo and prepare the body at 3 weeks pregnant, as follows:
Human Chorionic Hormone(HCG):
During implantation of the embryo in the wall of the uterus, an important hormone is secreted, called as the human chorionic hormone or HCG. The hormone can be measured in both the urine as well as the blood of the pregnant woman. HCG is a vital hormone for the development of the baby.
Progesterone is the hormone which plays a crucial role in the development of the baby during the entire duration of the pregnancy. The secretion of the hormone is essential and will continue throughout the 9 months. Progesterone aids the flow of blood to the wall of the uterus, the formation of the placenta, preparing the breasts for lactation, preventing premature labor, etc.
The hormone in charge of the development of the vital fetal organs is estrogen. Estrogen is responsible for the formation of the placenta and helps in the growth of it. The hormone prepares the breasts for lactation.
The hormone responsible for the relaxation of the various muscles in the body during pregnancy is relaxin. The secretion of relaxin is very critical during pregnancy, as it helps in allowing the uterus to expand and also prepares the body to endure childbirth. There are various body changes taking place in the body during pregnancy. The body muscles stretch to accommodate the growing baby inside the womb, which is facilitated by the hormone relaxin.
It is essential to meet your gynecologist during the first few weeks of pregnancy, especially at 3 weeks pregnant. A major complication during the initial weeks of conception is an “ectopic pregnancy.”
A pregnancy which is formed outside the uterus is called as ectopic pregnancy. The pregnancy is most often formed in the fallopian tubes itself. There are no external symptoms to identify an ectopic pregnancy. However, it can be very dangerous and lead to complications.
An ectopic pregnancy won’t have the capacity to survive for long. An untreated ectopic pregnancy will make the area around the embryo rupture. The breakdown of the cells will lead to the loss of the baby, along with posing a danger to the mother as well. You must meet the gynecologist immediately if the following symptoms occur:
- Low blood pressure
- Vaginal bleeding
- Sudden and unexplained dizziness
- Blurred vision
- Rectal pressure
- Intense pelvic pain
There are many ways to confirm the pregnancy at 3 weeks pregnant. You use the pregnancy test kits available in the medical halls or try the non-medical ways for pregnancy confirmation.
- One of the easiest ways to confirm the pregnancy is by using the pregnancy test kits.
- The kits are easily available in the market these days and can be performed conveniently at home.
- The accuracy level of the test will increase with the number of days after the missed period.
- You will need to use the early morning urine, so as to get the accurate results as it will be very concentrated.
- When doing a home test, it is essential to discard the first-morning urine and use the midstream urine for the test.
- All the pregnancy test kits available in the market come with a step by step manual to help you.
The home ways to confirm the pregnancy are accurate, especially after the 6 weeks of conception. The various non-medical tests are:
- Stored urine test
- Toothpaste test
- Wheat and barley test
- Bleach test
- Baking soda test
- Soap solution test
- Vinegar test
- Sugar test
- Mustard test
- Pine sol test
Understanding False Positive And False Negative Pregnancy Results:
Most pregnancy test kits give the result according to the content of HCG in the urine. After conception, the level of HCG will increase in the body and can be detected in the urine as well as the blood. However, it is paramount to understand that testing as early as 3 weeks pregnant, might give you a false negative result. Negative results can be due to the low content of HCG in the urine. The best positive results will be visible only after 5 weeks of conception.
False positive results are an extremely rare phenomenon but do occur. Even when you haven’t conceived, the pregnancy kit can give a positive result which can be considered to be a false positive result. In case there is blood or protein present in the urine, you can end up with a false positive result.
It is safest to check with a gynecologist, and proper testing before you can decide upon the result being positive or negative. You need to perform the pregnancy test few days post missing the periods to get an accurate result.
Early Pregnancy Symptoms:
There are many 3 weeks pregnant symptoms and signs, as follows:
- The most noticeable change in the body by the end of the 3rd week of conception will be missing the monthly period.
- Increased levels of hormones in the body, which will lead to mood swings and irritability.
- The initial symptoms of pregnancy include the urge to urinate frequently, though each time the output will be scanty.
- Morning sickness.
- Nausea and vomiting sensation, especially in the early morning time.
- Body pains and aches are common during the first trimester, especially at 3 weeks pregnant.
- Breast tenderness and sore breasts.
- Enlargement of the breasts and nipples.
- Darkening of the nipples, formation of tiny bumps on the areolas of the breasts, etc.
- Fatigue, feelings of tiredness, drowsiness, etc.
- Food cravings at odd hours.
- Increased sensitivity to fragrances.
- Heartburn and bloating.
- Spotting or faint red bleeding (implantation bleeding).
- Increased body temperature
Baby Development At 3rd Week Of Pregnancy:
The miraculous formation of the fetus at 3 weeks inside the womb begins with the fusion of a single sperm and an egg. After fertilization and implantation of the baby inside the wall of the uterus, rapid transformations take place, as follows:
- The secretion of HCG will help in the development of the placenta, which will nourish the baby in the womb throughout the 9months of gestation.
- HCG also plays a vital role in stopping the ovaries from further formation and release of the eggs.
- The amniotic fluid formation takes place and gets collected around the zygote, leading to the formation of an amniotic sac in the days to come.
- Various hormones will be secreted in the body, so as to facilitate the growth of the baby in the womb.
- By the end of the 3rd week pregnancy, the yolk sac will be visible during an ultrasound scan.
It is paramount to understand the weeks and months of pregnancy. Following the pregnancy calendar will help you in identifying the week of your pregnancy corresponding to the month, and the trimester. It will be beneficial for you to follow the health tips and nutrition accordingly once you understand the pregnancy week by week.
|1st Trimester||Month 1||1 to 4 weeks|
|Month 2||5 to 8 weeks|
|Month 3||9 to 13 weeks|
|Month 4||14 to 17 weeks|
|Month 5||18 to 21 weeks|
|Month 6||22 to 26 weeks|
|Month 7||27 to 30 weeks|
|Month 8||31 to 35 weeks|
|Month 9||36 to 40 weeks|
Enduring the baby in the womb, for the 9months of pregnancy, needs you to stay healthy. You need to increase the body’s stamina body to be able to endure childbirth. The initial weeks of pregnancy constitute to be very crucial for the fetal development. The chances of miscarriage and abortion will be very high during the early stages of pregnancy, and hence pregnancy care is paramount.
- Including healthy foods in the diet is essential for the proper growth and development of the baby inside the womb.
- Stay well hydrated by drinking juices and fluids, to keep away from dehydration due to morning sickness.
- Constipation is a common pregnancy symptom, and one of the best ways to deal with constipation is to increase the intake of water.
- Prenatal testing and screening is imperative during the early weeks of pregnancy.
- Always consult your gynecologist before you take any medication.
- You need to be cautious if there are pets at home.
- Remember to take the Folic Acid mediation as it is essential for the healthy development of the baby at 3 weeks pregnant.
- You must avoid indulging in smoking and alcohol consumption.
- Eating well and frequently is vital during pregnancy. Doctors suggest small meals at regular intervals of time.
- It is paramount to get a good night’s sleep and sufficient rest during pregnancy.
- Avoid the intake of oily, deep fried, spicy, and roadside snacks.
- Incorporate fruits in your diet such as oranges, bananas, apples, kiwis, berries, etc.
- Avoid overeating as it might lead to indigestion and acidity.
- Since morning sickness is common during the first trimester, you can sniff a lemon wedge to make you feel better.
- Indulging in meditation, yoga, relaxation techniques, etc. is advisable.
- You can munch on sugarless chewing gums to prevent the excessive secretion of saliva, especially at 3 weeks pregnant.
- Have plenty of oral fluids and coconut water.
- Intake of milk and dairy products is very healthy during pregnancy.
- Stay hygienic and clean. The frequency of urination increases during pregnancy, especially the first trimester. The constant dampness of the vaginal area can accelerate bacterial and fungal growth.
- Avoid staying empty stomach for long, as it will worsen nausea.
- Snack upon healthy and nutritious food.
- Avoid strenuous exercise, lifting heavy weights, and bending down.