Tips For A 7th Week Pregnancy Women – Things To Be Taken Care Of During 2nd Month
By the 7th week pregnancy, many changes are taking place in the body. You can consider yourself to be midway through the first trimester of pregnancy by the 7th week. The first few weeks of pregnancy will progress very quickly as fetal developments will be rapid.
The necessary screening and blood tests take place by the 7th week pregnancy. It is of prime importance to meet the gynecologist, if you haven’t met one yet.
Pregnancy Symptoms At 7 Weeks
There are many 7 week pregnant symptoms, as follows:
- Body pains and aches are common during the first trimester.
- A headache is one of the most common symptoms of pregnancy at 7 weeks.
- Morning sickness, nausea, vomiting, fatigue, etc. are very common.
- Tenderness of breasts, which will subside with time, is common during early pregnancy.
- Food cravings at odd hour are significant during the first trimester.
- Though the baby bump will not be formed as early as the 7th week pregnancy, you might be feeling bloated and tight in the abdomen.
- Mood swings, anxiety, bouts of anger and irritability are common during the first few weeks of pregnancy.
Significant Changes In The Body By The 7th Week Of Pregnancy:
Now that you are aware of the 7 weeks pregnant symptoms keep in mind few important tips. The first trimester of pregnancy is the most critical stage. The development of the vital organs in the body of the baby at 7 weeks occurs. It is the beginning of the pregnancy, and hence you are required to take care of yourself. The risk of miscarriage and abortion is very high during the first few weeks of pregnancy.
Many changes take place in the body during the first trimester of pregnancy. At 7th week pregnancy, the major change occurring in the body is the formation of a “mucous plug.” The cervix develops a mucous plus at the opening of the cervical canal during this week. It is mainly to seal the uterus and provide protection to the baby inside the womb.
The mucous plug will be lost during labor and the process of childbirth. Since rapid developments take place in the embryo during the first trimester, the 7weeks pregnant heartbeat can be heard during an ultrasound scan. It will range from 100-150 beats per minute.
Have You Gained Weight Yet?
Many women gain weight right from the beginning of the first trimester, which is a good thing. However, during the initial weeks of pregnancy, the frequency of morning sickness and nausea in many women is high. Excessive vomiting can reduce the weight than increasing it. Each and every woman is different from the other, and so are the pregnancies different too. So, you need not worry if you have lost weight and not gained any yet! The most common signs of pregnancy are nausea and morning sickness, which will reduce with the passage of time.
One of the most common early pregnancy symptoms is tenderness in the breasts. Most women complain of achy and tingly breasts during the first trimester. Just like bloating can make you feel tight at the abdomen, many women feel that the cup size has increased as early as the 7th week pregnancy.
The pregnancy hormones, namely Progesterone and Estrogen are in charge of the changes in the breasts. Fat build up and increased blood flow in the breasts is responsible for the feeling of fullness. Apart from looking bigger, you will also observe that the nipples of the breasts will be sticking out more than usual. Darkening of the skin around the nipples is one of the most common body changes at 7 weeks pregnant.
The changes are taking place in the breasts so that you are well prepared for lactation. It is vital to invest in a good maternity bra at this point of time. It will support the growing breasts, making you feel less uncomfortable.
Fetal Development At 7th Week Of Pregnancy:
The measurement of the embryo is made from the crown to the rump. It is called as the CRL. The measurement is never taken from the crown to the toe because the legs of the baby will be bent during the developmental stages. It is, therefore, difficult to measure the full length of the baby at 7 weeks in womb.
- Rapid growth and development of the baby take place during the 7th week of the pregnancy.
- The size of the baby will be about 13mm in length by this time, almost the size of a blueberry.
- The formation of the mouth and the tongue takes place in the fetus at 7 weeks and the facial features become more prominent.
- The formation of the eyes, the retina, and the lens takes place.
- The development of the baby’s blood group will take place by the 7th week pregnancy.
- The formation of the body muscles, bones, vital organs, etc. continues.
- The intestines and appendix are formed entirely by the end of the 7th
- The limbs are no longer buds protruding from the body. You can observe the toes and the fingers of the baby if an ultrasound scan is carried out at this stage.
- The beginning of the formation of the teeth and the tongue takes place during this week, though not visible externally at 7 weeks pregnant ultrasound.
Meeting the gynecologist is essential during the first few weeks of pregnancy. A major complication during the first few weeks of conception is an “ectopic pregnancy.” A pregnancy which is formed outside the uterus, most often in the fallopian tubes is called as an ectopic pregnancy.
There are no visible symptoms of identifying an ectopic pregnancy. However, it is a dangerous complication as it won’t survive for long. An ectopic pregnancy if untreated will make the area around the embryo rupture. The breakdown will lead to loss of the baby along with posing a danger to the mother. You must meet the gynecologist immediately at 7th week pregnancy if the following symptoms occur:
- Vaginal bleeding
- Sudden and unexplained dizziness
- Blurred vision
- Low blood pressure
- Rectal pressure
- Intense pelvic pain
Tips At 7th Week:
It is paramount to follow simple tips at 7th week pregnancy for a healthy mother and baby.
- Multivitamin supplement intake
- Folic acid medication
- Prenatal testing and screening
- Yoga and exercises
- Quit smoking
- Avoid alcohol consumption
- Eat small meals
- Eat often (every 2hours)
- Get sufficient rest
- Incorporate fruits in the diet such as dragon fruit, oranges, sweet lime, berries, watermelon, etc. during 7th week pregnancy.
- Sniff a lemon wedge to ease nausea
- Avoid spicy foods
- Avoid the intake of deep fried and oily foods
- Eat healthy and nutritious foods
- Stay well hydrated
- Stay hygienic
- Try relaxation techniques to reduce anxiety
- Avoid overeating
- Have plenty of juices and coconut water
- Avoid staying on an empty stomach for long durations
- Avoid stress and worries
- Munch on sugarless gums to prevent excess saliva secretion.
- Frequent urination is a common symptom, don’t feel shy and stop the “nature’s call.”
Healthy Foods During The First Trimester:
- Citrus fruits such as oranges, sweet lime, lemon, grapefruit, tangerines, etc.
- Dragon fruit
- Coconut water
- Milk and dairy products (cheese, paneer, etc.)
- Green leafy vegetables
Important Hormones Secreted In The Body At 7 Weeks:
Pregnancy is associated with the secretion of different hormones in the body. It is crucial to understand the various hormones released in the body, as follows:
Human Chorionic Hormone(HCG):
The human chorionic hormone is secreted during the implantation of the embryo in the uterus wall. The hormone is called as HCG. The quantity of HCG can be measured in both the urine and the blood of a pregnant woman. HCG is a vital hormone for baby development during the first trimester.
Progesterone is an essential hormone for the development of the baby during pregnancy. The secretion of progesterone will continue throughout the 9 months of pregnancy. Progesterone aids the flow of blood to the wall of the uterus, placenta formation, prepares the breasts for milk production, prevents premature labor, etc.
Estrogen is the hormone responsible for the development of the organs of the baby. It is responsible for the placenta formation, preparing the breasts for lactation, etc.
Relaxin is the hormone responsible for the relaxation of the various muscles in the body. The secretion of the hormone is very crucial during pregnancy. It helps in the expansion of the uterus during pregnancy, to provide room for the growth of the baby. The preparation of the body to endure childbirth is provided by the hormone relaxin.
It is of primary importance to understand the weeks and months of pregnancy. Following the pregnancy calendar will help you in identifying the week of your pregnancy to the corresponding month, and trimester. It will be beneficial for you to follow the health tips and nutrition accordingly.
|1st Trimester||Month 1||1 to 4 weeks|
|Month 2||5 to 8 weeks|
|Month 3||9 to 13 weeks|
|Month 4||14 to 17 weeks|
|Month 5||18 to 21 weeks|
|Month 6||22 to 26 weeks|
|Month 7||27 to 30 weeks|
|Month 8||31 to 35 weeks|
|Month 9||36 to 40 weeks|
Screening And Blood Tests:
You will be advised to undergo few preliminary blood tests at 7th week pregnancy. Checking for any underlying problems and health issues is vital. The various tests carried out at 7th week are as follows:
- Blood typing
- Checking of the Rh factor
- Screening for Anemia
- Tests for sexually transmitted diseases (HIV, Rubella, Hepatitis B, Syphilis)
- Thyroid testing
- Screening for Diabetes
- Urine test
It is essential to understand that the gynecologist will suggest you the tests, which are mandatory. Screening for abnormalities in the baby development at 7 weeks is carried out. Most of the genetic problems are detectable during the first trimester of pregnancy. The screening for Downs’ Syndrome and the Nuchal translucency scan are important screening tests, which must never be missed during the first trimester of pregnancy.
Things To Avoid During The 7th Week Of Pregnancy:
To be able to endure the pregnancy for the entire 9months, it is vital to stay healthy and active. You need to concentrate on increasing your stamina to endure childbirth. Since the chances of miscarriage are high during the 1st trimester of pregnancy, it is time you must be very careful and cautious.
- Avoid the intake of seafood.
- Undercooked and raw meats can lead to many digestive problems.
- Avoid strenuous exercise and excessive walking.
- Avoid lifting heavy weights.
- Avoid bending down frequently.
- Dehydration is a common problem during the 1st trimester, so stay well hydrated.
- Morning sickness is one of the most common 7 weeks pregnant signs.
- Morning sickness can put you off many foods. However, it is vital to eat and safeguard yourself from feeling week.
- Avoid hot sauna during pregnancy.
- Avoid coloring your hair as hair dyes have chemical additives.
- The skin becomes very sensitive during pregnancy, so use a good moisturizer on the body.
- Stay hygienic. Frequent urination can make your private parts very damp, giving room to the growth of fungal infections in the vagina.
Understanding Stretch Marks:
Stretch marks are small lines, fine wrinkles, and depressed streaks on the surface of the skin. Stretch marks are common during pregnancy. The most significant places where stretch marks tend to appear are:
Stretch marks are mainly caused by the difference in the elasticity of the skin. Pregnancy is one of the most common causes for stretch marks. Both sudden weight loss and weight gain are responsible for stretch marks. The skin will become loose due to sudden and drastic changes in the skin.
Stretch marks will be observed during the later stages of pregnancy. However, care needs to be taken right from the first trimester. Stretch marks are inevitable and unavoidable, but you can decrease their visibility by taking proper care.
Application of topical medications on the affected areas, right from the 7th week pregnancy, will help you in dealing with stretch marks. Stretch marks will fade away in about a year post the delivery of the baby. They will be visible as silver streaks across the abdomen, buttock, and thighs. Topical applications of creams with Aloe Vera and glycolic acid are found to be beneficial.
During the initial days of pregnancy, the symptoms will be in full swing after fertilization and implantation. There is rapid growth and development in the fetus, facilitated by the secretion of the different hormones. Each week is potentially life changing, and by the 7th week pregnancy, the uterus will expand to about double in size. Throughout the 9months of pregnancy, you will observe drastic changes. So eat well and stay healthy!
Kranthi Kumar Maska is a profound blogger, entrepreneur who predominately writes on Health, Travel, Lifestyle. He is a certified writer in Nutrition, Health care, and Diet. “The best in you comes out when you have nothing in your favour” is what Kranthi believes in. He has a lot of interests, out of which writing is his love, and “Digital Marketing” is his passion.