Tips For 8th Week Pregnancy Women – Things To Be Taken Care Of During 2nd Month
By the 8th week of pregnancy, you have completed almost 2months! Isn’t that exciting? Well, by the 8th week pregnancy, the baby’s embryonic stage will come to an end. During the 8th week, you can find the early development stages of the little human being inside you!
During the initial days of pregnancy, the symptoms of nausea and morning sickness will be high, after fertilization and implantation. There is rapid growth and development taking place in the fetus at 8 weeks, which is facilitated by the secretion of many hormones.
Each week of pregnancy is life changing, and by the 8th week pregnancy, the uterus will be almost double its actual size. Throughout the duration of pregnancy, you will observe extensive changes in the body. So eat well, stay healthy, and give birth to a healthy little one!
Development Of Baby At 8 Weeks Of Pregnancy:
During the 8th week of pregnancy, the basic building blocks of the baby are getting developed.
- The baby measures about 1. 6 cm in length by the 8th week pregnancy.
- The size of the baby will be approximately the size of a kidney bean.
- The development of the facial features began during the 6th week, and by the end of the 8th week, the features will get well defined.
- The shape of the upper jaw and the nose will be formed in the baby at 8 weeks pregnant.
- The nerve cells of the baby’s brain start branching during this week and form the early neural pathways.
- The part of the brain, which helps in identifying different smells, begins to develop.
- The lengthening of the legs occurs during this week.
- The distinction of the legs into arms, thighs, ankles, knees, and toes is yet to take place.
- The most important change taking place during the 8th week is the disappearance of the tail bone.
- The eyelids cover the eyes, which will be tightly shut during the first trimester.
- Both external and internal development of the ears occurs during this week.
- Muscles get formed during the first trimester and begin contracting from the 8th
- Though fingers and toes are almost formed, they are webbed at this stage.
- The external genitals are still getting developed, hence not visible. However, the gender of the baby is determined by the 8th week of pregnancy.
- The baby moves rapidly in the womb. However, the movements will not be felt by the expectant mother until about 22 weeks of pregnancy.
Symptoms Of Pregnancy At 8 Weeks:
The several 8 weeks pregnancy symptoms are as follows:
- Rapid developments take place in the fetus during the first trimester.
- The fetal heartbeat can be heard in 8 weeks pregnant ultrasound The heartbeat can range from 100-170 beats per minute.
- Body aches are common during pregnancy, especially during the first trimester.
- A headache is one of the most common symptoms of pregnancy during the 8th week
- Constipation is a common problem associated with pregnancy.
- Morning sickness, nausea, vomiting, fatigue, etc. are common pregnancy symptoms as baby development at 8 weeks will be rapid.
- Tenderness of breasts is common during early pregnancy. It will subside with time!
- Food cravings at odd hour are significant during the first few weeks of pregnancy.
- The baby bump will not be visible during the 8th week pregnancy. However, you might feel bloated and tight in the abdomen.
- Mood swings, anxiousness, irritability, and anger are common symptoms during the first trimester of pregnancy.
- There is increased flow of blood in the body, with different pregnancy hormones.
- Many women are susceptible to “varicose veins”. The condition when the blood gets collected in the weak spots of the veins making them bulge is called as varicose veins.
- The legs are the most likely parts of the body to develop varicose veins.
- Breast enlargement occurs during the first trimester of pregnancy as there is a multiplication of the milk ducts, to facilitate lactation.
Weight Gain During The First Trimester:
While many women gain weight right from the first trimester, many others suffer from weight loss. Weight loss during the initial weeks of pregnancy can be mainly due to the increased frequency of morning sickness and nausea, which one of the most common signs of pregnancy at 8 weeks. Excessive vomiting can reduce the weight of the expectant mother, than increasing it.
Every woman is different from the other, and the pregnancies are different too. So, you must not worry if you have lost weight and not yet gained. One of the most common symptoms of pregnancy is nausea and morning sickness. The intensity of the morning sickness will be high during the 8th week pregnancy, and will reduce with the passage of time, and you will be feeling more active during the 2nd trimester onwards.
Tips For Pregnancy:
- Stay well hydrated by drinking juices and fluids, to keep away from dehydration due to morning sickness especially during 8th week pregnancy.
- One of the best ways to deal with constipation is to increase the intake of water.
- If you haven’t visited your gynecologist yet, this is the right time.
- Prenatal testing and screening is very important during the early weeks of pregnancy.
- Acne is a common problem during pregnancy, so you must avoid self-medications.
- Always consult your gynecologist before you take any medication.
- You need to be cautious if there are pets at home.
- Remember to take the Folic Acid mediation as it is essential for the healthy development of the baby.
- You must avoid indulging in smoking and alcohol consumption.
- It is vital to eat well and frequently.
- Doctors suggest small meals at regular intervals of time.
- It is paramount to get a good night’s sleep and sufficient rest.
- Avoid the intake of oily, deep fried, spicy, and roadside food.
- Incorporate fruits in your diet such as oranges, bananas, apples, kiwis, berries, etc. especially during 8th week pregnancy.
- Avoid overeating as it might lead to indigestion and acidity.
- Since morning sickness is common during the first trimester, you can sniff a lemon wedge to make you feel better.
- Indulging in meditation, yoga, relaxation techniques, etc. is advisable.
- You can munch on sugarless chewing gums to prevent the excessive secretion of saliva.
- Have plenty of oral fluids and coconut water.
- Stay hygienic and clean.
- The frequency of urination increases during pregnancy, especially the first trimester.
- Avoid staying empty stomach for long, as it will worsen nausea.
- Eat healthy and nutritious food.
Prenatal Testing And Screening:
Prenatal screening and testing is essential. You will be advised to undergo an early pregnancy scanning at this stage. The doctor may or may not check you internally. The gynecologist will ask you many questions, such as:
- Medical problems
- Family medical history
- The last menstrual period date
- Birth control methods
- Previous miscarriages or abortions
- Allergies to any medication
Many genetic problems are easily detectable during the first trimester, mostly during 8th week pregnancy. The screening for Downs’ Syndrome and the Nuchal translucency scan are important screening tests. You must never miss the tests prescribed by the gynecologist during pregnancy. You gynecologist will suggest few prenatal tests, such as:
- Blood typing
- Checking the Rh factor
- Screening for Anemia
- Tests for sexually transmitted diseases such as HIV, Rubella, Hepatitis B, Syphilis)
- Thyroid profile
- Screening for Diabetes
- Urine test
Healthy Foods During The First Trimester Of Pregnancy:
Including healthy foods in the diet is essential for the proper growth and development of the baby inside the womb, especially during 8th week pregnancy.
- Citrus fruits such as oranges, sweet lime, tangerines, etc.
- Dragon fruit
- Coconut water
- Milk and dairy products (cheese, paneer, etc.)
- Green leafy vegetables such as spinach, spring onions, etc.
- Beans and lentils
It is paramount for any pregnant woman to understand the weeks and the months of the pregnancy. You can identify the week of your pregnancy to the corresponding month, and trimester through the pregnancy calendar. It will be very beneficial for you to follow the health tips and the nutrition as per the week of pregnancy.
|1st Trimester||Month 1||1 to 4 weeks|
|Month 2||5 to 8 weeks|
|Month 3||9 to 13 weeks|
|Month 4||14 to 17 weeks|
|Month 5||18 to 21 weeks|
|Month 6||22 to 26 weeks|
|Month 7||27 to 30 weeks|
|Month 8||31 to 35 weeks|
|Month 9||36 to 40 weeks|
Things To Avoid During The 8th Week Of Pregnancy:
To be able to endure the baby in the womb for the 9months of pregnancy, it is paramount to stay healthy. You need to increase the stamina of the body to be able to endure childbirth. The chances of miscarriage are very high during the 1st trimester of pregnancy, and hence you must be very careful and cautious.
- Avoid the intake of seafood during pregnancy.
- Undercooked and raw meats can cause many digestive problems.
- Wash all the fruits and vegetables well before you consume them.
- Avoid too much of caffeine such as tea, coffee, and other aerated drinks.
- It is best to stick with milk or fresh fruit juices during pregnancy.
- Avoid strenuous exercise and excessive walking.
- Avoid lifting of heavy weights.
- Avoid bending down often.
- Stay well hydrated as dehydration is a common problem during the 1st trimester of pregnancy especially during 8th week pregnancy.
- Morning sickness is one of the most typical 8 weeks pregnant signs.
- Morning sickness can turn you off many foods and their smell. However, it is essential to eat well lest you will feel week.
- Avoid hot saunas during pregnancy.
- Avoid coloring your hair. Hair dyes have chemical additives in them which can be dangerous for you.
- The skin becomes very sensitive during pregnancy, so use a good moisturizer on the body and avoid skin problems.
- Stay hygienic as frequent urination can make your private parts very damp. Prolonged dampness can lead to the growth of unwanted fungal infections in the vagina.
It is paramount for pregnant women to understand that a small human being is growing inside the womb. The initial weeks of pregnancy constitute to be crucial for the development of the baby. The chances of miscarriage and abortion will be very high during the initial weeks, mainly at 8th week pregnancy, and hence pregnancy care is essential. Pregnancy is no piece of cake that you will walk through conveniently. Pregnancy constitutes to be one of the most beautiful experiences of life for any woman. So enjoy your days of pregnancy, by taking care of yourself.
Stretch marks are very common during pregnancy. The primary cause of stretch marks is the difference in the elasticity of the skin, due to sudden weight loss or weight gain. The skin will become loose due to drastic changes in the skin. Stretch marks are unavoidable during pregnancy and will fade away by a year post the delivery of the baby. You will observe stretch marks around the 2nd trimester of pregnancy but care needs to be taken right from the 1st trimester.
One of the most common symptoms of 8th week pregnancy is breasts tenderness. Most women complain of achy breasts during pregnancy. Many women feel that the cup size has increased as early as the first trimester. The main pregnancy hormones, namely Progesterone and Estrogen, cause the changes in the breasts. Fat build up and increased blood flow is responsible for the feeling of breast fullness and tenderness.
When You Need To Get Medical Aid?
There are many body pains, aches and body changes at 8 weeks pregnant taking place in the woman. It might be difficult for you to decide when it is a common pregnancy symptom and when you need to visit the gynecologist. However, you can keep these simple tips in mind, as follows:
- Vaginal Bleeding or spotting.
- Extreme pain in the lower back
- Pain in the lower part of the abdomen.
- Urination discomfort
- Severe vomiting
- Excessive dehydration
- Itching around the private parts
Important Hormones Secreted In The Body During 1st Trimester:
Pregnancy is associated with the secretion of various hormones in the body. It is paramount to understand the different hormones released in the body, as follows:
The human chorionic hormone:
HCG is a vital hormone for baby development during the first trimester.
Progesterone facilitates the flow of blood to the uterus wall, the formation of the placenta, prepares the breasts for milk production, prevents premature labor, etc.
Estrogen is the hormone responsible for the development of the organs of the baby.
Relaxin is the hormone responsible for the expansion of the uterus during pregnancy.
Throughout the 9months of pregnancy, you will observe drastic changes in yourself. So eat well, stay healthy, the first few weeks of pregnancy will progress very quickly as fetal developments will be rapid.
Kranthi Kumar Maska is a profound blogger, entrepreneur who predominately writes on Health, Travel, Lifestyle. He is a certified writer in Nutrition, Health care, and Diet. “The best in you comes out when you have nothing in your favour” is what Kranthi believes in. He has a lot of interests, out of which writing is his love, and “Digital Marketing” is his passion.