Home Remedies for Constipation – Home Cures are Never Going to Fade
Constipation is a very common and widespread problem these days. There are various reasons for developing constipation, depending upon the overall health of the individual. Constipation can affect the person both mentally as well as physically. For effective treatment and cure, you can try the different home remedies for constipation.
What Causes Constipation?
If you have always wondered what causes constipation, then there can be many reasons, which can be enlisted as follows:
- Unhealthy eating habits
- Lifestyle choices
- Certain medications
- Excessive intake of dairy products
- Colon cancer
- Inadequate intake of water
- Eating disorders
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Parkinson’s disease
- Multiple sclerosis
Symptoms Of Constipation:
There are various symptoms of constipation, which must be watched closely by the person, as follows:
- Abdominal bloating
- Cramps in the lower abdomen
- Discomfort while passing stools
- Rectal pain
- Strain in bowel movements
- Blockage in the rectum
- Less than 3 stools in a week
- Hard or lumpy stools
- Constipation is a very uncomfortable medical condition.
- Dehydration constitutes to be one of the top reasons for constipation.
- If you have always wondered how to relieve constipation, then the bottom line is to stay well hydrated and concentrate on your diet.
- Sparkling water or carbonated water also plays a major role in keeping you well hydrated.
- However, it is paramount to keep in mind that frequent intake of carbonated drinks such as soft drinks, sugary soda, etc. can make constipation worse and have adverse effects on your overall health.
- Regular intake of water, fresh fruit and vegetable juices, etc. will aid in providing effective constipation relief.
- People who are constipated will have an irritated state of mind.
- Adequate passage of the stools on a daily basis is paramount to the overall health of an individual.
- Constipated people will suffer from various digestive problems.
- Regular intake of foods rich in fiber will be very helpful in constipation treatment.
- Constipation can lead to medical issues such as rectal tears, anal sores, hemorrhoids, piles, fistula, fissure, etc.
- The serious medical ailments caused by constipation can be rectal or anal cancer.
There are various minds of medications prescribed by doctors for constipation treatment, however you can try the home remedies to get effective relief.
The various home remedies for constipation can be enlisted as follows:
- Staying well hydrated.
- Incorporating fiber rich foods in the diet plan.
- Staying active and healthy.
- Exercising regularly.
- Frequent intake of probiotics.
- Consuming herbal laxatives.
- Drinking caffeinated coffee.
- Avoiding the intake of too many dairy products.
- Incorporating more leafy vegetables in the diet.
The various constipation remedies can be enlisted as follows:
Eat More Fiber:
- One of the best home remedies for constipation is to increase the amount of fiber intake.
- The intake of fiber is paramount to increase the consistency and the quantity of the bowel movements.
- If the consistency is more, then the passage of the stools through the intestines and the rectum will be easy.
- Fiber supplements act as one of the best remedies for constipation.
- Insoluble fibers can be widely found in vegetables, wheat bran, whole grains, etc.
- The insoluble fibers act as the bulk in the stool, thereby facilitating the quick passage.
- The soluble fibers can be easily found in nuts, oat bran, barley, beans, seeds, lentils peas, fruits, vegetables, etc.
- The soluble fibers will help in absorbing water from the foods and soften the stool, thereby improving the consistency.
- Thus, incorporate more of fibers in your diet as the best foods for constipation.
Exercise Well And Regularly:
- Regular and moderate exercising is found to be effective in providing constipation relief.
- Exercise can involve a brisk walk every day, jogging or skipping, simple workout, warm up exercises, etc.
- However, exercising doesn’t reduce the number of times a person will go to the bathroom.
- Rather, exercising helps in reducing the symptoms of constipation.
- Apart from providing efficient relief from constipation, staying active is essential for the overall health of an individual.
Drink Caffeinated Coffee:
- Studies have proved that the regular intake of coffee will increase the frequency of going to the washroom.
- Coffee acts as one of the most popular foods to relieve constipation.
- Coffee helps in stimulating the gut and the digestive system muscles.
- It helps in maintaining the balance of the bacteria in the gut.
- Soluble fibers are found in abundance in coffee.
- Hence, it acts as the best home remedies for constipation.
Take Herbal Laxatives:
- Senna is a herbal laxative found very effective as one of the best remedies for constipation.
- Senna is found easily in most medical stores.
- It can be taken both rectally as well as orally.
- The bowel movements will be accelerated through the Glycosides present in Senna.
- It facilitates the stimulation of the nerves of the gut and proves to be the best constipation remedies.
- Senna is one of the safest herbs for adults when used for short time durations.
- Pregnant women, lactating mothers, etc. must avoid the use of Senna.
- Magnesium citrate is one of the most popular home remedies for constipation.
- Magnesium citrate is an osmotic laxative, which works through the process of osmosis.
Probiotic Foods And Supplements:
- Probiotics facilitate in the treatment of chronic constipation by improving the consistency of the stools.
- It is found that people who suffer from Chronic Constipation have an imbalance in the bacteria quantity in the gut.
- The gut movements will be improved considerably and make the passage of the stools easier through the rectum.
- If you have wondered how to cure constipation, then increase the number of probiotics.
- Probiotic help in giving relief from constipation by the production of fatty acids and lactic acid.
- You can incorporate probiotic rich foods in the diet such as yogurt, kimchi, sauerkraut, etc. as the best home remedies for constipation.
Having Prebiotic Foods:
- Prebiotic fibers facilitate the process of digestion, by supplementing the gut with healthy bacteria.
- The balance of the gut bacteria will be maintained well with the regular supplementation of prebiotic foods.
- One of the natural remedies for constipation is through an increase in the fiber intake.
- Fibers help in increasing the stool consistency as well as adding to the bulk of the stool.
- Foods rich in prebiotics include bananas, Garlic, Onions, etc.
- One of the best home remedies for constipation is the intake of pre biotic foods which makes the stool softer and easy to pass through the rectum.
Intake Of Prunes:
- If you want to know how to relieve constipation fast, then incorporate prunes and prune juice in your daily diet.
- Prunes are composed of the naturally occurring laxative-Sorbitol.
- Sorbitol is a sugar alcohol, which has a laxative effect.
- Prunes act as one of the best natural remedies for constipation.
Avoid Dairy Products:
- Dairy intolerance is what causes constipation in most people.
- Dairy products affect the movements of the stool in the gut.
- Many children suffer from intolerance to cow’s milk.
- Similarly, many adults also suffer from intolerance to lactose.
- If you think about how to relieve constipation fast, then remove the dairy products from the diet and supplement with calcium-rich foods.
Foods For Constipation:
There are various foods to relieve constipation, as follows:
- Apple cider vinegar
- Citrus fruits
- Dried fruits
- Aloe Vera juice
- Green beans
Herbs To Treat Constipation:
- There are various herbs which can treat constipation to a considerable extent.
- Natural herbs act as one of the best home remedies for constipation.
- Herbs act on the stomach by clearing it off the impurities.
- They will kill the infections of the gut.
- Proper stimulation of the movements of the intestine will be facilitated through the regular intake of herbs.
- Heavy meals can be digested effectively through the frequent consumption of herbs.
- Herbs act on the free radicals, killing them and promoting a healthy digestive system.
- Herbs act as the best foods for constipation, as they purify the liver to a great extent.
- Herbs help in the proper maintenance of the hormones in the body.
- It has been found out that herbs aid in losing weight by promoting healthy digestion.
How To Treat Constipation?
One of the simplest answers to the question how to treat constipation is to try the following recipe:
What You Need:
- Turmeric – 1 pinch
- Garlic – few pieces
- Ginger – few pieces
- Honey – 1 tbsp
- Lemon juice – 1 tsp
- Apple cedar vinegar – 1 tbsp
Take the solution or mixture every day on an empty stomach, the first thing in the morning. It is an effective way to find relief from constipation through the regular intake of the solution. You will have to use the solution for a minimum of five weeks to get the best results for how to cure constipation.
Medications For Constipation:
If you wonder how to stop constipation, then you must try the home remedies along with the medicines prescribed by your doctor. Different types of laxatives are easily available in the market nowadays. The most common laxatives can be enlisted as follows:
Fiber-based laxatives can be defined as bulking agents. They facilitate the easy passage of the stools by increasing the quantity of water.
The simple answer to the question how to cure constipation is to use stool softeners. The stool softener will act as one of the best remedies for treating constipation. The oil content in stool softeners will allow the easy passage of the stools through the rectum.
The stimulant laxative facilitates easy movement of the stool in the intestines by stimulating the nerves of the gut.
Osmotic laxatives help in softening the stools through the process of Osmosis. Water will be pulled from the tissues which surround the digestive system, thereby making the stool soft.
There are innumerable home remedies for constipation, which are completely safe and effective. So, choose the best one for you today!