Top 43 Parsley(Ajmood) Benefits For Skin, Hair And Health
Parsley is a leafy herb, available all throughout the year. The culinary and aromatic plant is a great disease fighter. Parsley is commonly referred as “Ajmood” and “rock celery.” Parsley finds use in most dishes as a table garnish. There are many parsley benefits, owing to the high nutrition content.
Parsley is similar to coriander leaves. The herb is a tiny plant with dark green leaves. The unusual properties of parsley make it an essential ingredient in most recipes. It is a crucial flavoring agent in preparing non-vegetarian and vegetarian dishes.
Types Of Parsley:
Parsley constitutes to be one of the most common herbs in the world. It is a biennial plant, and it will grow year after year once it is planted. Parsley is a storehouse of many nutrients. There are two most well-known types of parsley, as follows:
- Curly Parsley
- Italian Flat Leaf Parsley
Reasons For The Health Benefits Of Parsley:
There are two unusual ingredients in parsley which are responsible for the various health benefits of it, as follows:
- Alpha thujene
Nutritional Value Of Parsley:
Parsley For Promoting Health:
- The various volatile oils of parsley, especially Myristicin, are known to inhibit tumor formation.
- The volatile oils of parsley act as a chemo-protective food, which helps in neutralizing the effect of many carcinogens.
- The flavonoids in parsley prevent the oxygen damage in the cells.
- Parsley is an excellent source of Vitamin C and Vitamin A, which reduces the risk of diseases such as atherosclerosis, colon cancer, diabetes, asthma, rheumatoid arthritis, etc.
- It facilitates the healthy functioning of the immune system, thereby preventing frequent cold and cough.
- Parsley is a good source of folic acid.
- Parsley is rich in Vitamin B and Vitamin K.
- The cardiovascular health of an individual will be promoted significantly through parsley.
- The risk of damage to the blood vessels, stroke, heart attack, etc. will be reduced.
Skin Benefits Of Parsley:
People haven’t very well known the skin care value of parsley, but there are many benefits of parsley, as follows:
Reduces Wrinkles And Fine Lines:
Parsley is an excellent source of Vitamin C, which nourishes the skin. Regular consumption of parsley stimulates the production of collagen in the skin. Cell reproduction and cell repair is facilitated by Vitamin C, which in turn helps in the growth of new skin. Vitamin C isn’t present naturally in the body, so it needs to be consumed through food for getting a flawless and smooth skin.
Improves Skin Healing:
Parsley is an excellent source of Vitamin A, which facilitates skin maintenance and healing. The skin elasticity will be enhanced and wrinkles will be reduced to a considerable extent. Parsley benefits the skin by improving the healing process and rejuvenating the skin.
Helps In Removing The Dark Circles:
Parsley is a rich source of Vitamin C and Vitamin K, which helps in the lightening of the area under the eyes. The eye puffiness will be minimal by using parsley.
What You Need…
- Handful of parsley
- 1 teaspoon of yogurt
- Cotton balls
Things To Do…
Chop the parsley and squeeze the juice from the leaves. Mix yogurt and make a paste. Apply the paste under the eyes and allow it to dry for about 10minutes. Rinse well.
Alternatively, you can soak the cotton balls in fresh parsley juice and apply on the eyes for about 15minutes.
Treating Acne And Pimples:
Parsley has antibacterial and antifungal properties, which is very helpful in treating skin problems such as acne, pimples, skin infections , etc. It is paramount to keep in mind that parsley must never be directly applied on the face, as it will be very strong. Always dilute the parsley juice before using it. Treating acne and pimples is one of the best health benefits of parsley.
What You Need…
- 1 tablespoon of Parsley oil
- 1 tablespoon of Olive oil/ almond oil
Things To Do…
Dilute the parsley oil with any carrier oil such as almond oil or olive oil. Apply the mixture of the oils on the face. Leave the mixture for about 30minutes and rinse well with water.
What You Need…
- A handful of parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of tea tree oil
Things To Do…
Mix parsley, apple cider vinegar, and tea tree oil together. Apply on the face and keep it for 5minutes before washing. You can try the remedy for at least 2 weeks to observe the results.
Parsley consumption helps in balancing the excess secretion of sebum in oily skin types. It helps in clearing the pores, reducing skin inflammation, and diminishes the blemishes on the skin. Many people don’t much know the parsley benefits for a glowing and supple skin. Incorporating the use of parsley in the skin care regime will be very beneficial.
Promotes Healthy Skin:
Parsley is a rich source of calcium, potassium, copper, zinc, and manganese, which maintains a healthy and glowing skin.
Parsley on topical application removes the dirt and dead skin cells from the face.
Soothes Irritated Skin:
Application of the parsley seeds oil on the face will help in healing bruises, soothing skin irritation, fading the freckles , and age spots from the face.
Hair Benefits Of Parsley:
There are many benefits of parsley for the hair health, as follows:
Controlling Hair Loss:
Parsley is a rich source of many nutrients which are essential for preventing hair loss. It helps in disinfecting the scalp and making the individual strands of hair strong. One of the best parsley benefits for health of the hair is controlling hair loss and stimulating the growth of new hair.
Maintenance Of Natural Hair Color:
Parsley is rich in copper, which is essential for retaining the natural color of the hair.
Promoting Hair Growth:
Powdered parsley seeds help in advancing the hair growth, on topical application.
Smooth And Silky Hair:
Parsley can be used to get silky and soft hair, by keeping scalp problems at bay.
Regular washing of the hair with a paste of parsley leaves is an effective remedy for getting rid of dandruff.
Health Benefits Of Parsley:
There are many parsley health benefits, as follows:
- Anti-cancerous properties
- Anti-inflammatory properties
- Boosts the immune system
- Promotes healthy cardiac health
- Improves the bone health
- Fights against free radicals
- Acts as a blood purifier
- Cure for anemia
- Antibacterial properties
- Supports vital glands of the body such as liver, spleen, etc.
- Helps in rejuvenation of the blood vessels
- Helps in getting rid of diarrhea
- Improves digestion
- Dissolves the cholesterol accumulated in the blood vessels and veins
- Improves the ear health
- Cures ear infections and deafness
- Reduces edema
- Dissolves gall bladder stones
- Balances the release of hormones in the body
- Improves the kidney functioning
- Reduces liver congestion
- Nourishes the blood
- Corrects menstrual disorders and premenstrual symptoms
- Strengthens the bones
- Eases the pain of pregnant women during delivery
- Cures bad breath
- Keeps the colon clean
- Prevents diseases such as Rheumatism, Jaundice, Gout, etc.
- Repairs the body tissues, heals wounds well
- Acts as a diuretic agent
Selection And Storage Of Parsley:
- Choose fresh parsley over the dried form of parsley, on account of the superior flavor.
- Always choose dark green colored parsley which is fresh and crisp.
- Avoid buying bunches of parsley which are yellow or wilted.
- Always wash the parsley bunches with tap water, before using.
- Since parsley is very delicate and fragile, soak it in a bowl of water and discard the water. Repeat the process 2-3 times to get the clean leaves.
- Fresh parsley must be kept in the refrigerator in a plastic bag.
- When the parsley gets wilted slightly, you can sprinkle some water on it before storing in the refrigerator.
- Dried parsley must be kept in an airtight container and kept in a cool, dark, and dry place.
- Freezing the parsley is a better option than drying it.
- However, through the technique of freezing, the parsley will lose its crispness.
Parsley In Recipes:
- Parsley can be used in smoothies, to give a refreshing taste.
- Parsley can be added while making omelets.
- You can spice up the basic rice with some parsley leaves.
- You can toss some parsley in pasta, salads, etc.
- Parsley is widely used in making dips, chutneys, pesto, etc.
- Parsley is a major component of salad dressings.
- Parsley is used in making pizzas, burgers, etc.
- The regular dishes can be garnished with parsley.
Side Effects Of Parsley:
Parsley benefits and side effects both must be kept in mind before using it indiscriminatingly. Parsley is high in oxalic acid sand hence the lengthened consumption can lead to Gouty Arthritis, stone formation in the kidneys, mineral deficiency, etc. The excessive use of parsley can result in extreme photosensitivity.
Though parsley is found to relieve many menstrual problems, it must be avoided during pregnancy. Excessive intake of parsley leaves during pregnancy can lead to preterm labor and uterine stimulation. Despite the side effects, you must keep in mind that there are many benefits of consuming it. Parsley can be considered to be an all round herb owing to the numerous parsley health benefits.