Simple Home Remedies to Get Rid of Boils on Inner Thighs
Did boils make your daily activities appear like challenging tasks? Sometimes they also put you into severe pain when they get rubbed accidentally by anything. They might be painful but are very easy to treat. Boils are caused by many other similar skin disorders. Boils are popular on inner thighs, armpit, face, back of the neck, but ‘inner thigh’ is a special mention because of it’s dark and moist location. Here are some wonderful home remedies that you can use to get rid of boils more quickly than you think.
Due to the pain feature, boils are irritating and distracts us continuously from whatever we do. The easiest and simplest task, wearing a pant would be a troublesome due to the boils on inner thighs. As none of the features of boils are benign, they are malicious and should be treated as soon as possible.
Nothing but just a few simple home remedies for boils are necessary for you to treat them completely. The motive of this article is to cure boils on inner thighs using ingredients and items which are already present in your kitchen and nothing else.
What are Boils actually?
Medically speaking, boil, which is also called skin abscess is a skin infection typically caused by bacteria. It is an acute infection of hair follicle. They are often caused by the staphylococcal bacteria. They are large and hard pimples filled with pus in the center. The formation of boils on inner thigh begin with redness and tenderness, but gradually, white blood cells and bacteria get filled in the center of the boil and then form pus.
Boils are painful and tender to touch. They occur in various forms, like cystic acne, carbuncles or furuncles, hidradenitis suppurativa and pilonidal cyst.
How do the boils look?
Boil pretty much looks like an outrageous version of a pimple, though it is not really a pimple. They are round and raised from the skin surface. It appears swollen, red and painful to the slightest of touch. The bacteria infected hair follicle is the root of the boil’s formation. Soon with the time bacteria flourishes and a pocket of pus starts to form. Then it balloons outward with a center filled with liquid.
Causes of Boils
Before stepping into the treatment for boils, let’s have a look at all the major causes of boils.
Boils on our body are typically caused by the bacteria, named as Staphylococcus aureus. These bacteria enter into the body through a small cut on the skin or hair follicle. They also occur due to the blocked sweat glands. Following are the other common answers for what causes boils.
- Weak immune system
- Poor hygiene
- Staph carriers
- Friction from tight clothing
- Exposure to harsh chemicals that irritate skin
Symptoms of boils
A boil starts as a red, hard and painful lump about half an inch in size. Over the next week, the lump becomes larger, softer and more painful. After that a pocket of pus forms on the top of the boil. Also, there are some other symptoms of boils which mean severe infection. These are the signs of the severe infection.
- The skin around the boil gets affected. It becomes red, warm and swollen.
- A fever may develop
- More boils appear around the original boil.
- Lymph nodes may get swollen
Home remedies for boils on inner thighs
Warm water compress
The easiest and simple way to quickly get rid of boils is to use heat applications. Warm compression applied on the boil increase the circulation and allow the white blood cells and antibodies to fight the infection faster and contribute to the boil treatment.
This is the simplest of home remedies for boils on inner thighs which only require two things.
- Warm water
- Soak a cloth in warm water, and then squeeze out the excess water
- Press the cloth in warm water
- The idea of this is to draw the pus out of it and gain relief from itchiness
- When boil gets white in color, it is ready to burst; the soaking is useful to achieve this stage faster
- Continue to wash till it loses all the pus
- Do this repeatedly throughout the day to get rid of boils
Onions might bring tears to your eyes, but they alleviate your sorrow and pain. Onion has immense medical properties that heal pain and help in the boil removal. It contains many active compounds including salts and flavonoids, sulfur, potassium, and essential oils which have anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, antifungal and analgesic properties which are effective in the treatment for boils.
Onions detoxify and disinfect wounds, and relieve inflammation of the skin. They force pus to come out of the boils.
- Surgical tape
- Cut few slices of onion and put them on the infected area
- Tie them up with the boil using surgical tape
- Repeat this process 2-3 times a day to compound the effect and get rid of boils quickly
- Another way to use onions in the treatment for boils on inner thighs is to put onion slice in water and boil it to half
- Apply this residual after it becomes normal, up to room temperature, to cure boils
Garlic is considered as the best treatment for boils in the home which can cure boils on inner thigh within a very short time. It has a high quantity of sulfur compounds such as ajoene and allicin that helps to get rid of boils. Garlic has antibacterial, anti-inflammatory properties that make it a best natural home remedy for boils. The increase of garlic quantity in your daily diet also helps in boil treatment.
- Garlic cloves
- Crush garlic to extract the juice from it
- Apply its paste on the affected part
- After applying a layer of it, cover it with some medical tape
- Allow it to react for two hours
- In order to get rid of boils effectively repeat this 2-3 times a day
- For more results, take fresh garlic raw, and internally
Neem is an ancient Ayurvedic treatment for most of the skin problems. Neem is well known for antibiotic and anti-fungal properties. Applying this to the affected area provide relief from pain, irritation, and itching. It helps to draw pus out of the boil and speeds up the process of a cure for boils on inner thighs.
- Few fresh neem leaves
- Crush the neem leaves with water to form a paste
- Apply this layer on your boil
- Cover this with a bandage
- Change the dressing after two hours with the fresh one
- Do this 2-3 times every day until you completely get rid of boils
Apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar has versatile health benefits, as it is rich in citric, acetic and malic acids, enzymes, mineral salts, and vitamins. Its antimicrobial properties are responsible for the treatment of boils on inner thighs.
- Apple cider vinegar
- Cotton pad
- Try with diluted apple cider vinegar first. Warm the ACV to about lukewarm temperature, then take a cotton ball and soak it with the liquid
- Apply it on the boil
- Apply this for few days and check for the status of the boil
- ACV help the boils to ooze out quickly and clears the pus to get rid of boils within few days
- You can also mix the equal quantity of honey with apple cider vinegar for better results
Turmeric is an excellent natural cure for boils on inner thighs. The studies have found turmeric to be effective in curing most of the ailments. Turmeric contains a volatile oil which has anti-inflammatory properties which work effectively in the treatment for boils at home. The antiseptic nature of turmeric powder clears the infection and rejuvenates the skin near affected area.
- One tablespoon of turmeric powder
- ½ tablespoon of crushed ginger root
- Mix the turmeric powder with crushed ginger root with water to make a paste
- Apply this paste on your boil gently
- Wash the boil after 20 minutes
- You can observe the change with every application of this
- Do this three times a day to get rid of boils in no time
- Coconut oil can also be substituted in the place of water to form the paste
Tea tree oil
Tea tree oil is a marvelous remedy for boils on inner thighs which contains antibacterial, antifungal and antiseptic properties. Traditionally tea tree oil is used for various hair and skin disease treatments. It also cures the scars that the boil might leave behind.
- Tea tree oil
- Cotton swab
- Wash the boil with medicated soap and warm water
- Using cotton apply few drops of tea tree oil for boil treatment
- Cover it with a bandage for two hours
- This remedy is highly helpful to get rid of boils when done 3-4 times every day
Echinacea is herb popularly known for its immunity boosting properties. As boil is basically an infection, Echinacea fights against the bacteria and help to get rid of boils. Echinacea is available in the extract, tea, powder, ointment or capsule for the topical or oral application.
- 1-2 tablespoons Echinacea herb
- A cup of hot water
- Mix two teaspoons of Echinacea in a bowl of warm water for 10-15 minutes
- Strain and drink the tea twice every day
- Boil 1 part Echinacea, two parts of wild indigo, and 1 part of Pasque flower to hot water
- Strain this and drink this tea twice a day
- You can also apply this directly to the affected for boil removal
Epsom salt is called magnesium sulfate in the medical verbiage. Epsom salt helps to bring out the pus from the boil to the surface and burst open the boil. Once the pus is gone, it would be easy for you to get rid of boils.
- Two tablespoons Epsom salt
- Hot water
- Take two spoons of Epsom salt and add to some warm water
- Soak the cloth in the warm water and place the cloth on the boil
- Leave the cloth until it comes to the room temperature
- Doing this repeatedly sure works well for the boil removal
Black seeds commonly known as black cumin, obtained from the Nigella Sativa plant, and have been used in the treatment for various health, hair and skin problems including the treatment for boils. It has immense medicinal values that comprise of anti-bacterial, antioxidant, and anti-inflammatory properties that enhance the immune system of the body. Black seed oil contains an active component called Thymoquinone that helps to get rid of boils.
- ½ teaspoons black seed oil
- A hot or cold beverage
- Use black seed oil in any cold or hot beverage
- Drink this beverage twice a day for a quick boil treatment
Aloe vera, a magical plant that heals everything related to skin, is another effective remedy for boils. It alleviates the pain and faster the healing process. It is also a great antiseptic.
- Aloe vera gel
- Take a leaf and snap it to half
- Take the gel from the leaf and apply it to the affected area to remove the pus from the boils and get rid of boils completely
- Repeat this twice or thrice a day for the quick cure for boils on inner thighs
Eucalyptus oil is known for its extraordinary antiseptic, antiviral and antibacterial properties. It soothes skin and reduces the itchiness, pain, and irritation associated with the boil. Slippery elm is also good for treating boils, so use the combination to get rid of boils quickly.
- Eucalyptus oil
- Slippery elm
- Hot water
- Mix 20 grams of powdered slippery elm with few drops of eucalyptus oil to make a thick paste
- Appling this paste will work effectively in the boils treatment
- Applying this several times in a day will bring out the pus and treat boils.
Castor oil is the seed extract of Ricinus Communis plant. Castor oil is widely used in Ayurveda to treat various skin, and stomach ailments. It is also found to be effective in the boil removal due to the anti-inflammatory, antifungal, and antiviral properties.
- Castor oil
- Cotton ball
- Apply little amount of castor oil with the help of cotton to the boil
- Cover this with the bandage
- Leave it for few hours
- Do this routine daily to get rid of boils quickly
Sometimes boils are beyond home treatment and should be taken into the notice of a doctor. If the symptoms of the boil are severe or develop a fever, it’s better to consult a doctor immediately. Check for the status of the boil every day after using the above remedies, if you don’t find any change or betterment, then doctor’s advice is what you need.