Top 10 Ways To Get Rid Of Freckles On Face
As you grow up, you dislike having any spots or freckles on the skin, especially the face. Who doesn’t want to look flawless with an even skin tone? Well then, get rid of the freckles, go natural!
What Are Freckles?
Freckles are round, flat, brown in colour, tiny spots that appear on the skin. The colour of the freckles will be slightly darker than the surrounding skin. The size of freckles ranges from needle spots to nail tips. Freckles on face are the most common ones.
Freckles are common in both men as well as women, in fact even in children. The freckles can develop on any part of the body. They are a sign that the skin has suffered damage. However, they are harmless. Freckles can re-appear due to climatic changes and hence need constant care. There are many remedies for freckles on face which are effective to a great extent.
What Causes Freckles?
There are many causes for freckles to develop. However, they occur most commonly in parts of the body exposed to sunlight. The constant exposure to sunlight is most often on the face. There are many reasons to the question what causes freckles on face. The people with a fair skin tone tend to develop freckles than the darker skin toned ones. People with a sensitive skin tend to be more prone to getting freckles.
- Excessive exposure to the strong rays of the sun.
- Genetic reasons.
- Hormonal imbalance in the body.
- Rare disorders such as Xeroderma Pigmentosum.
Want To Get Rid Of Freckles-Try Home Remedies!
Treatment of freckles on face can be effectively achieved by using natural ingredients that turn out to be inexpensive and safe.
Lemon juice is a natural bleaching agent and the regular application on the brown spots will help in getting them eliminated. It is an effective way to get rid of the freckles on face by lightening them.
- A lemon cut into 2 pieces.
- Warm water
Things to do…
Squeeze the lemon and apply the juice directly on the areas of the skin with freckles. Use your fingers to apply and gently massage the lemon juice, leave it for about 15minutes. Rinse with warm water. Apply the lemon juice twice in a day to lighten the spots and get rid of freckles in the most effective way.
Sour cream contains lactic acid that helps in eliminating freckles effectively. The lactic acid content of the sour cream will peel away the upper layers of the skin. It is the best ways to get rid of freckles from the skin as it doesn’t cause dryness, skin irritation, and itching.
- 2 tablespoons of sour cream
- A soft napkin or tissue
Things to do…
Apply sour cream directly on the freckles using your hands, gently massaging with the fingers. Allow the cream to soak into the skin till it dries up. Gently wipe the cream with a soft napkin or tissue.
NOTE: An alternative to sour cream is sour milk. Wash your face with sour milk everyday for the best results. You can also use yogurt instead of sour cream and sour milk to get rid of freckles.
- 2 teaspoons of honey
- Few drops of water
Things to do…
Mix honey with water and warm the mixture slightly. Apply the warm mixture on the affected areas of the skin. Allow it to dry for some time and rinse off with warm water.
NOTE: You can make an herbal home face pack with wheat germ and honey. Apply the mixture on the freckles and wash it first with warm water followed by cold water. A mixture of yogurt and honey is also very efficient in lightening the freckles.
Most fruits are rich sources of Vitamin C which help in giving the skin glow and radiance. You can try using different home-made fruit masks on the affected areas to lighten the spots. There are many ways to get rid of freckles using fruit masks which are completely natural and safe.
- 2 strawberries
- 1 slice of papaya
- Half cucumber
- 2 slices of pineapple
Things to do…
Blend the strawberries along with cucumber, papaya and pineapple. Apply this face mask on the freckles and rinse off after allowing it to dry for about 15minutes.
Blend fruits together, on its application on the face and allowing them to dry facilitates the peeling of the upper layers of the skin. By the removal of the damaged skin layers, the freckles will soon start to fade. Using fruit peels is one of the best ways to get rid of freckles on face naturally.
- 2 strawberries
- 2 kiwis
Things to do…
Blend the strawberries and kiwis together. Apply the mixture on the freckles and allow it to dry completely. Peel off the mixture and rinse the face with water.
Papaya contains the enzyme Papain that helps in the lightening of the skin. In addition to making the blemishes light in color, papaya also helps in making the skin soft, supple, and healthy. You can use papaya regularly to get rid of freckles fast.
- A mashed papaya
Things to do…
Apply the mashed papaya directly over the affected areas and allow it to dry. Rinse well with cold water.
Preventive Measures For Getting Rid Of Freckles:
Unfortunately, freckles have the remarkable capability of reappearing. Most often, it is common to observe the freckles diminish during winters and reappear in summers. If proper care isn’t taken on exposure to the sunlight, freckles will reappear on the skin. We can thus conclude that there is no best way to get rid of freckles, but precautions can be taken to reduce them to a great extent.
- Apply a sun-protecting moisturizing lotion or cream from a young age; wherein there is more exposure to the sunlight to get rid of freckles.
- It is best to choose a sunscreen with a high SPF value. Freckles can appear on any part of the body. Hence all areas exposed to the sun must be protected by a sunscreen lotion.
- The sun’s rays are very harsh and strong from 10am to 4pm and hence you must avoid going out during this time.
- It is important to keep in mind that the sunscreen lotion must be applied every two hours when you are constantly exposed to the sunlight. When the body sweats, most of the sunscreen will get exhausted.
- People with a fair skin tone, red hair, and light colored eyes are more prone to get freckles. It is safe to cover your hair and face with a broad hat or try to remain in the shade.
- People with a sensitive skin and those who are sensitive to heat need extra care and precautions.
Vitamin C To Help You Get Rid Of Freckles:
Vitamin C has natural skin lightening properties and hence including foods rich in Vitamin C will be helpful in the treatment of freckles on face and the body. There are many sources of Vitamin C.
- Sweet lime
- Red peppers
Removal Of Freckles
There are many techniques which aid the removal of freckles. There are various medical treatments that turn out to be expensive to get rid of freckles fast.
Skin Lightening Creams:
There are many over the counter skin lightening creams to get rid of freckles. The creams are particularly designed to remove the different types of freckles.
- Creams containing Licorice extract help in skin lightening.
- Creams with Aloe Vera serve the dual purpose of skin lightening as well as moisturize the skin considerably.
- Creams with chemicals such as Hydroquinone and Oxybenzone are effective in skin lightening. There could be many side effects, so it is best to test a can of cream before application.
Micro-dermabrasion is an effective freckle removal treatment that uses a jet of minute particles that facilitate the removal of the upper skin layers. The peeling of the top layers of the skin helps in fading the freckles.
There are many medical treatments such as chemical peels which are becoming increasingly popular with people. Chemical peels are mostly for the face. However, they help in diminishing the freckles on arms and hands as well. Chemical peeling is an expensive treatment for the removal of freckles.
- Superficial peels for the removal of the top layers of the skin.
- Medium peels that can penetrate deep into the skin.
- Deep peels that go deep into the skin and remove the deeper skin layers.
In laser treatment, the blood vessels underneath the freckles are burnt and this will help in reducing the dark spots . The treatment turns out to be expensive than the other treatments. However, home remedies for freckles on face are the best, safest, and the most inexpensive ones.
Tips for Helping In Fading The Freckles:
- You can use Horseradish juice or Horseradish vinegar with oatmeal on the skin to remove the freckles.
- A mixture of parsley juice with lemon juice and orange juice is effective in diminishing the freckles.
- Castor oil is a great source of Vitamin E. Application of Vitamin E at bedtime is helpful in lightening the pigmentation spots, blemishes, freckles, etc.
- Sugar syrup in lemon juice is a great remedy to lighten the freckles.
- Onions turn out to be a great remedy to get rid of freckles. Rubbing the cut pieces of onion on the spots twice in a day helps in fading the freckles.
- A paste of turmeric and sesame seeds mixed with water is a great way to reduce the freckles.
- Regular intake of Vitamin A, B, C and E rich foods is a great way to make the skin healthy.
There are many remedies to treat the freckles. Many people prefer the home remedies while many others turn to the medical treatments for removal of freckles. On account of the growing cosmetic industry, there are many products such as foundation, concealer, etc. which are effective in hiding the blemishes, dark spots, dark circles under the eyes , freckles, and pigmentation.
Kranthi Kumar Maska is a profound blogger, entrepreneur who predominately writes on Health, Travel, Lifestyle. He is a certified writer in Nutrition, Health care, and Diet. “The best in you comes out when you have nothing in your favour” is what Kranthi believes in. He has a lot of interests, out of which writing is his love, and “Digital Marketing” is his passion.