Best Tips and Natural Remedies in the Home – Treatment for Appendicitis
The inflammation of the appendix is called as Appendicitis. Appendicitis can be both acute as well as chronic. It can lead to intense pain in the abdomen and mostly requires surgical removal. Treatment for appendicitis is very important, as it can lead to various fatal complications if it bursts inside the stomach.
Appendicitis can occur at any point of time, without any warning or pre-symptoms. The symptoms will begin suddenly and immediately.
- The appendix is the small protruding organ inside the abdomen, which projects from the colon.
- There is no specific role that appendix plays in the body functioning.
- What causes Appendicitis is the swelling or inflammation of the appendix.
- Appendicitis is a very common problem for people between the age group of about 10 to 30 years.
- Appendicitis is very common in males than in females.
- The symptoms of appendicitis in adults include pain in the area around the belly button, nausea, loss of appetite, fever, swelling of the abdominal region, etc.
- Since appendix is located on the right side of the abdomen, the pain will begin radiating from the right side in most cases.
- The pain can also begin in the navel region and radiate throughout the abdomen.
- The point of the pain can vary depending on the age and the intensity of the infection.
- The blockage or swelling of the appendix can lead to microbial growth in it.
- The growth of bacteria in the appendix can lead to the formation of pus, infection, etc.
- The most common treatment for appendicitis is the surgical removal of the vestigial organ.
- Having a balanced diet, adequate water intake, etc. play a major role in maintaining the overall health of the person.
Signs Of Appendicitis:
There are various signs of Appendicitis include the following:
- Intense pain in the lower right side of the abdomen.
- Pain in the navel region.
- Low-grade fever.
- Loss of appetite.
- Tenderness of the abdomen.
- Bloating of the abdomen.
- Feeling the urge to pass stool.
- Pain on both the sides of the back.
Symptoms Of Appendicitis:
The various symptoms of Appendicitis are as follows:
- Unexplained and sudden pain in the lower abdomen.
- Worsening of the abdominal pain while walking, coughing, sneezing, etc.
- Feeling of gas in the abdomen.
- Inability to pass gas.
It is paramount to keep in mind that the Appendicitis symptoms in children are same as the symptoms in teens and adults. However, the pain might begin differently ranging from mild cramping to ambiguous stomach pain, followed by nausea and fever.
Causes Of Appendicitis:
What causes Appendicitis isn’t clearly known as there can be multifold reasons to lead to Appendicitis. A blockage in the appendix is considered to be the primary cause of Appendicitis.
- The obstruction of the appendix can either be complete or partial.
- Complete blockage in the appendix will require immediate surgical removal and is an emergency situation.
- Complete blockage of the appendix can turn out to be fatal if immediate medical aid isn’t available to the patient.
- A partial obstruction can be managed through medications to a considerable extent.
Appendix Obstruction Or Blockage Reasons:
The treatment for Appendicitis will depend upon the extent of blockage of the appendix. The tiny finer-like projection, called as the appendix can get blocked. The various reasons for partial or complete blockage can be enlisted as follows:
- Accumulation of fecal matter.
- Food deposits.
- Enlarged lymphoid follicles.
- Upper respiratory tract infections.
- Presence of worms.
- Severe trauma.
- Infection of the gastrointestinal tract.
- Tumors in the abdomen.
- Abdominal trauma.
Complications With Appendicitis:
- The timely treatment for Appendicitis is very important for the health of an individual.
- Due to blockage in the appendix, various microorganisms can develop and multiply.
- The presence of microbes will lead to infection and the formation of pus.
- Since the appendix is obstructed, the pressure will be increased in the abdomen causing pain.
- The blood vessels in the abdomen can get compressed making the pain worse and intolerable.
- If there is lack of blood supply to the appendix because of the blockage, it can lead to the formation of gangrene.
- Rupturing of the appendix in the body can turn out to be fatal.
- Fecal matter can fill the abdomen when the appendix ruptures and hence timely Appendicitis treatment is paramount.
- A ruptured appendix can also lead to Peritonitis.
- It is the inflammation or swelling of the tissues which form the abdominal walls.
- The swelling of the walls of the abdomen can lead to swelling of the other organs such as the colon, cecum, urinary bladder, etc.
- In the case when the appendix doesn’t rupture but leaks, it can lead to the formation of an abscess.
- The abscess will cause infections in the abdomen and is considered to be a dangerous medical situation.
Medications For Appendicitis Cure:
Once you observe the symptoms of Appendicitis, you can try the simple medications, which are easily available over the counter, as follows:
The medications can help in the treatment for Appendicitis if there is mild discomfort or acidity type of symptoms.
- If the signs of Appendicitis persist for more than two days or if they get worse, you will need to see the Physician immediately.
- The initial pain associated with Appendicitis will begin as mild cramps and the severity will augment with time.
- It is paramount for people suffering from Appendicitis to avoid laxatives and other related medications, as it can lead to the bursting of the appendix.
- Appendicitis can turn out to be fatal and hence treatment for Appendicitis must be quick and immediate.
Home Remedies For Appendicitis:
There are various home remedies for treating Appendicitis. The home remedies for Appendicitis must be used just as an appendage and the medications must never be stopped. The various home remedies can be enlisted as follows:
- Castor oil is one of the most effective remedies for Appendicitis.
- The oral consumption of castor oil will aid in healthy bowel movements and averts constipation.
- Castor oil pack, on topical application, will help in the treatment for Appendicitis.
- The pack must be applied for about 2-3 months, for a minimum of three times in a week for best results.
- Garlic is the best ingredient for Appendicitis treatment.
- Garlic helps in reducing the swelling as it has natural anti-inflammatory properties.
- Garlic can be conveniently added to the daily food menu or chewed raw.
- Ginger constitutes to be one of the best home remedies for Appendicitis.
- It has natural anti-inflammatory properties and helps in reducing swelling.
- Ginger is very effective in reducing the pain in the abdomen due to Appendicitis.
- Many people prefer to consume ginger tea or add ginger pieces in the food recipes.
- Gentle massage of the abdomen with ginger oil also aids in reducing the pain related to Appendicitis.
- Apart from reducing the pain and swelling, ginger facilitates in reducing the symptoms of Appendicitis in adults as well as children.
- Fenugreek seeds are very effective in the treatment for Appendicitis.
- They act by preventing any accumulation of the wastes in the body and thus very effective.
- Most people make a decoction of fenugreek seeds and consume it to alleviate the pain.
- Lemon is the citrus fruit which prevents constipation, improves the process of digestion, and relieves the pain due to inflammation.
- The infection in the body, owing to the microbial activity can be reduced to a considerable extent by the frequent consumption of lemon juice.
- Being a rich source of Vitamin C, lemon will boost the body’s defense mechanism and prevent infections.
Tips To Prevent Appendicitis Complications:
- One glass of buttermilk with a pinch of salt consumed twice or thrice daily will be one of the best remedies for Appendicitis.
- It is paramount to make sure that there are healthy bowel movements.
- Constipated people will suffer from complications of Appendicitis.
- Having a balanced diet, with fruits and green, leafy vegetables will help in keeping constipation at bay.
- When dairy products, refined sugar products, processed meats, etc. are avoided, then the complications of Appendicitis can be well controlled.
- Supplements of Vitamin B, C, E, etc. are very beneficial as the treatment for Appendicitis.
- People who suffer from Appendicitis must ensure they avoid lifting heavy weights.
- If excessive pressure is exerted on the abdomen can worsen the problem further.
- Walking, coughing, sneezing, etc. will exert pressure on the abdomen and there will be more pain.
- It is best to cover the abdomen or support it with your hands when you cough, sneeze or walk.
- Slow walking habits will facilitate in keeping you healthy, yet away from pain due to Appendicitis.
- Adequate sleep is essential for the overall health of an individual.
- By increasing the fluid intake, you can help in having healthy bowel movements, expedite the process of digestion, avoid constipation, avert the complications associated with Appendicitis, etc.
- Alcohol consumption must be completely avoided, as it can worsen Appendicitis owing to excessive dehydration.
- Foods rich in fiber will also facilitate digestion, avert constipation and hence prevent the complications due to appendicitis.
Untreated Appendicitis can turn out to be fatal. It requires immediate medical attention and in most cases, surgical removal. Since the appendix doesn’t play any significant role in the body metabolisms and functioning, Physician will suggest the surgical removal of it. Apart from the treatment for Appendicitis, you must try the various remedies to check which one is best for you and get rid of Appendicitis.