Build the Bodily Assets with Benefits of Eggs in Everyday Life
Eggs are rich in nutrients such as Vitamins, Minerals, Proteins, Fats, Fatty acids, etc. Eggs constitute to be one of the most versatile ingredients for cooking. They find extensive usage in most recipes, bakery products, etc. The various benefits of eggs make it one of the most resourceful products.
Eggs are naturally composed of the essential Vitamins and Minerals which the human body requires on a daily basis. The innumerable benefits of egg for health make it an integral part of the daily diet plan.
- The diverse range of benefits of eggs makes it one of the most preferred foods across the globe.
- Eggs are reasonably priced in all parts of the world.
- However, the eggs which are obtained from the organically grown chicken will be expensive.
- Pasteurized eggs will be slightly expensive than the normal eggs.
- The regular intake of boiled eggs is supposed to be effective in treating common cold and cough.
- The frequent intake of boiled eggs, especially in young children will facilitate the proper growth and development of the body.
- Children who have eggs will be prevented from stunting.
- Boiled eggs are the healthiest foods for children.
- The egg benefits the health in many ways, hence must be used in the meals indiscriminately.
- Eggs are high in the levels of Cholesterol.
- However, dietary cholesterol isn’t supposed to affect the blood cholesterol and eggs must not be avoided.
- The egg nutrition makes it the healthiest food, especially for toddlers and children.
- Eggs constitute to be one of the most commonly consumed animal products in the world.
- The rich content of Vitamin E will help in fighting the free radicals which can cause tissue damage.
- The presence of Omega 3 fatty acids in the egg will help in increasing the memory and maintain the nervous system of the body.
- Apart from eggs, you can also find the Mega 3 fatty acids in oily fish.
- Owing to the innumerable eggs health benefits, you must incorporate them into the daily diet.
- Eggs are adaptable and easy to incorporate into the daily diet plan.
Nutritional Value of Eggs:
The nutritional value of eggs can be enlisted as follows:
- Vitamin B12
- Vitamin B6
- Vitamin B5
- Vitamin D
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin E
- Vitamin K
- Healthy fats
- Amino acids
- Folic acid
Nutrition Profile of Eggs:
- The egg yolk is a rich source of proteins as well as Cholesterol.
- The yolk contains more fat and calories when compared to the egg whites.
- The various nutrients in eggs make it a very versatile thing to eat.
- The most striking component of eggs is Lecithin.
- It is the compound which helps in emulsification.
- You can find a diverse range of components in the eggs nowadays, which is based on the feeding of the chicken.
- The remarkable benefits of eggs can be attributed to the presence of all the eight amino acids which are essential for the proper growth and development of the body.
- The amino acids can’t be synthesized in the body and need to be obtained from the diet only.
- The calories in egg yolk will be more than the calories in the whites of the eggs.
Benefits of Eggs:
There is a wide spectrum of benefits of egg for health, which can be enlisted as follows:
- Eggs are rich in nutrients such as Betaine, Choline, etc.
- Eggs are paramount for proper growth and development of all the vital organs of the fetus during pregnancy.
- Eggs promote healthy brain development.
- It has been found that eggs strengthen the human blood to a considerable extent.
- Eggs are found to enhance the energy levels owing to the rich nutritional value of eggs.
- Eggs promote proper kidney functioning.
- Eggs are a rich source of Vitamin D, which promotes the development and formation of healthy bones in the body.
- People who don’t eat eggs will be more prone to suffer from diseases such as Osteoporosis, Rickets, Osteopenia, etc.
- Eggs are fulfilling and hence keep you satisfied for long time durations.
- People who want to lose weight must munch on eggs.
- The various benefits of eggs make it an integral part of the diet and must never be avoided.
Types of Eggs:
There are different types of eggs available in the market nowadays. However, it is of paramount importance to understand that the benefits of eggs will be more or less the same with little difference in the eggs from different sources.
- The Quail eggs are similar in flavor to the chicken eggs.
- The various quail eggs health benefits make it a very popular food.
- They are tiny in size when compared to the chicken eggs.
- One large chicken egg is equal to almost five quail eggs.
- The speckled and colored shells of the quail eggs make them very popular.
- The color of the shell can range from Blue to white to dark brown.
- People prefer to have hard boiled quail eggs.
- The duck eggs are similar to the chicken eggs in size but slightly larger.
- The protein composition will be more in the duck eggs.
- Egg for health benefits is widely preferred by people.
- However, the duck eggs will have a higher content of fat and cholesterol.
- On boiling, the egg white turns blue in color and the yolk turns orange.
Selection and Storage of Eggs:
- There are many benefits of eggs which makes it a favorite food item.
- When you buy eggs, you must choose the eggs which are from the chicken who are raised organically.
- The visual inspection of eggs is paramount before they can be bought.
- You must select the eggs which are devoid of cracks.
- When eggs are kept in a basket or a container, they tend to sweat at room temperature.
- Sweating can make microbial attack easy and hence, the egg white and egg yolk nutrition will get altered.
- The crate or box of eggs must not contain any liquid.
- Eggs can be stored well in a refrigerator for about one month.
- However, when the egg nutrition states a high content of Omega 3 fatty acid, then they must be consumed as early as possible.
- The freshness of the egg can be checked by following a simple step.
- You can place an egg in a glass of water to check for its freshness.
- A fresh egg will sink in water and a stale egg will float on the layer of water.
- Cracked eggs might pose the risk of bacterial growth in it.
- Hence, it is best to avoid eggs which are cracked or leaking.
- Eggs must be cooked properly to obtain the best benefits of egg for health.
- Salmonella food poisoning is the major risk associated with the consumption of eggs.
- Hard-boiled and scrambled eggs will carry a lesser risk of Salmonella poisoning.
- Egg allergies constitute to be a very common problem, especially in young children.
- People who are allergic to eggs can use any other substitute to facilitate binding of the mixture.
- The benefits of egg for skin on the topical application will mostly involve the application of the white egg.
Incorporate Eggs In The Diet:
The striking benefits of eggs make it a very versatile food item. There are many ways in which you can incorporate eggs in your diet, which can be enlisted as follows:
- Hard boiled eggs.
- Poached eggs.
- Egg omelets.
- Fried eggs.
- Baked eggs.
- Egg salads.
There are innumerable egg benefits, which can be enlisted as follows:
Promote Strong Muscles:
The proteins and vitamins in eggs help in keeping the muscles strong and slowing the rate at which it is lost.
Improving The Brain Health:
Eggs contain all the nutrients essential for the healthy development and functioning of the brain, memory, nervous system, etc.
Good Energy Production:
The nutrients in eggs facilitate the production of energy in all the cells of the body.
Strong Immune System:
The body’s defense mechanism will be strengthened by the presence of Vitamin A, Vitamin B12, etc.
Reducing Cardiac Problems:
One of the best benefits of eggs is the reduction of cardiac problems, by breaking the essential amino acids in the body.
Promoting Pregnancy Health:
The regular intake of boiled eggs will avert congenital health defects such as Spina bifida.
The vitamins in eggs promote healthy eyesight. The presence of Lutein and Zeaxanthin will prevent the eyes from macular degeneration and keep age-related blindness at bay.
Eggs will help in keeping you satisfied for long and thus, prevent you from snacking in between the meals and overeating.
Benefits The Skin:
Healthy skin can be promoted through the regular intake of eggs. The innumerable benefits of egg for skin can be endowed to the rich nutritional profile. Most people use beaten egg white in packs and masks to obtain the best benefits.
Egg Whites Versus the Egg Yolks:
You can understand the egg yolk and egg white nutrition through the following chart:
|Nutrients||Egg white||Egg yolk|
|Protein||3.5 gm||2.7 gm|
|Fat||0.05 gm||3.5 gm|
|Calcium||2.3 mg||21.9 mg|
|Vitamin B 12||0.03 mcg||0.331 mcg|
|Folate||1.3 mcg||25.8 mcg|
|Vitamin A||0 IU||258 IU|
|Vitamin E||0 mg||0.785 mg|
|Vitamin D||0 IU||18.3 IU|
|Vitamin K||0 IU||0.119 IU|
Nutrients of Egg Whites and Yolks:
- The egg yolk nutrition shows they are healthier than the egg whites.
- The egg whites contain the bulk of the proteins.
- Egg whites are free from fat and cholesterol.
- Egg whites have lesser calories when compared to the egg yolks.
- The egg yolks carry the bulk of proteins, Cholesterol, and the essential fatty acids.
Raw Egg Benefits:
- There are innumerable raw egg benefits which makes them a very healthy food item.
- However, the consumption of raw eggs will increase the risk of Salmonella poisoning.
- The risk of Salmonella contamination will be minimal yet people prefer to buy the pasteurized eggs.
- Pasteurized eggs will be the eggs which are heated enough to kill the bacterial growth yet making the eggs remain uncooked.
- The raw eggs will be composed of all the nutrients that are required in the daily diet.
- One major concern with the consumption of raw eggs is Biotin deficiency.
- The egg white nutrition shows that Avidin binds with Biotin and prevents its absorption over prolonged consumption.
- Biotin deficiency can lead to rashes on the skin, neurological problems, excessive hair fall, etc.
There are many calories in egg yolk, yet it is safe for consumption. In the olden days, people considered eggs to be unsafe for people with cardiac problems. However, studies have proved that the regular consumption of eggs is beneficial for the heart.
The striking benefits of eggs make it a popular food item which people consume all over the world. So, include eggs in your diet and check the benefits for yourself today!