How To Get Rid Of Clogged Pores On Face – Step-Wise Procedure for A Clear Skin Within 3 Weeks!
Wondering how to get rid of clogged pores? I know how it feels to have a dull, lusterless skin because of the one and only annoying reason – Clogged pores!
Here is a strategic way that helps you attain a clean and clear skin within no time and yes, Terms and Conditions do apply to this and they say that you should not miss on any of these natural home remedies and tips if you are really looking for the best result.
Start from today and set a perfect plan of following a mix and match of all these home remedies without missing on anyone and I can guarantee you that you will experience an amazing change in your skin texture and appearance!
Before knowing what to do with your skin, get to know what exactly is happening with your skin while you are busy working, eating, sleeping and having a nice time!
What Are Skin Pores?
Have you ever observed that the pores present on your forehead and nose are apparently bigger than the pores on other parts of your face?
You will be surprised to know that each of these pores contains a sebaceous gland whose responsibility is to produce sebum which helps in nourishing our skin so that the skin doesn’t become excessively dry and scaly.
Why Do They Get Clogged?
Unfortunately, these skin pores get through a lot! I mean, stop and think what they undergo when you are busy figuring out your own life.
Sometimes, the oil secretion becomes so excess that it blocks our skin pores and does not let them breathe the fresh air. Sometimes, it is the dirt and bacteria(1) that gets accumulated in the pores resulting in clogged pores.
So, it becomes your responsibility to unleash them from the suffocation and do the justice and it is great that you have stood up to get to know the best treatment for clogged pores!
So, here is what you must do let your pores become fresh, vibrant and lively!
How To Get Rid Of Clogged Pores on Face? – 8 Best Home Remedies For Clogged Pores
A well-planned method of following these home remedies for clogged pores can give you the best results within no time.
The best way to minimize your pores to follow this step-wise procedure until you witness a gradual change!
- Apply the steam twice a week
- Scrub your skin as soon as you apply the steam
- Use a soft-bristled brush to rub your skin for 5-10 minutes. (An alternate method is suggested for people with sensitive skin)
- Apply any of the below-mentioned face packs thrice a week, soon after the steaming and scrubbing.
1. Apply Steam
Applying the face packs without subjecting your skin to a proper steaming would not result in the desired change.
This is because steaming helps in the direct removal of dirt, dead skin or any type of debris that has been accumulated in your skin for such a long time and let the ingredients in face pack get embedded deep into your skin to further cleanse your pores.
How To Apply A Proper Steam?
Ensure that you clean your face with a suitable face wash before applying the steam.
Step -1: Fill a neat and clean pot with water and place this on the stove until the water is boiled. Turn off the flame once the water is boiled. Add any kind of essential oil to this. Using peppermint tea or tea tree oil would be the best option as these are the best products with anti-microbial properties.
Step-2: Use a blanket to cover your shoulders and head top and lean forward to subject your face to the steam and its vapors. Remain in the position for 5-10 minutes and let the steam help nourish the skin so that the dirt and bacteria get removed from the pores.
Step-3: Clean your face with a splash of lukewarm water and get ready to apply a scrub!
2. Use A Facial Scrub To Remove The Dirt
The next step of clearing your clogged pores is to use a facial scrub that can exfoliate your skin by removing any other dirt particles that have remained in the pores.
There are a wide range of facial scrubs available at your nearby stores, but if you do want the products to affect your skin texture, you can choose honey and sugar as the natural exfoliating ingredients. Applying honey for skin is the best way to minimize pores.
How To Apply The Scrub?
Step – 1 – Heat 2-3 tablespoons of honey until it gets lukewarm. Add one teaspoon of sugar to this and mix this well.
Step – 2 – Use your forefingers to apply the scrub all over your T-zone (nose, chin and forehead) and move your fingers in a circular motion to let the sugar granules act hard on your skin and aid in the removal of dirt.
Step – 3– Continue the movement for 5-10 minutes for an effective cleansing. Avoid applying this on your cheeks as the skin is sensitive in the region.
Let this remain on your face for 5 minutes after which you can rinse it off with a face wash.
3. Clean With A Soft Bristled Brush
- Buy a small brush that contains soft bristles and ensure that it is used for this exact purpose. Using a body brush can damage your skin since the bristles are too rough.
- Move the brush for 15-20 minutes all over your skin so that the bristles can help in removing any additional dirt particles from the skin.
- You can skip this step if your skin is too sensitive or excessively dry as this can damage your skin.
- You can instead apply a skin-friendly face wash and massage your skin by using your forefingers for 15-20 minutes as this helps in keeping your skin pores active and alive.
Apply Any Of These Face Packs
Now that you are all done with the cleansing process, get ready to apply any one of these top 5 face packs with the best ingredients if you are looking for the best treatment for clogged pores.
Make sure that you apply any one of them twice or thrice in a week.
4. Chickpea, Milk And Turmeric Face Pack
This is probably the best face mask for clogged pores because turmeric contains anti-inflammatory properties that help in diminishing your scars and blemishes.
Chickpeas contain anti-oxidant properties that help in eliminating the free radicals which are responsible for damaging your skin, making it look dull and lusterless!
Applying the face pack not only helps in treating clogged pores but also helps you to get rid of acne.
- Turmeric – 2-3 teaspoons
- Chickpea flour – 2 tablespoons
- Milk – 3-4 tablespoons (or as much required for preparing the mixture)
How To Apply?
- Mix all the ingredients until a smooth paste is formed
- Apply a thick layer of the paste evenly all over your skin and let it remain for one hour after which you can rinse it off with lukewarm water and pat it dry.
- Nourish your skin with the best moisturizer.
5. Oatmeal, Lemon And Honey Face Pack
The best property of oatmeal is that it contains saponins which help in an effective removal of dirt and bacteria from the pores(2), making them clean and fresh. Adding honey would help in moisturizing your skin.
- Oatmeal – 2 tablespoons
- Lemon – 2 teaspoons
- Honey – 1 tablespoon
How To Apply?
- Blend oatmeal and honey together until a smooth paste is formed and add lemon to this. Mix the quantities well and apply a fine layer on your skin.
- Leave this for one hour and let your skin absorb the ingredients naturally.
- Let the face pack get dried after which you can wash your face thoroughly and apply a suitable moisturizer.
6. How To Get Rid Of Clogged Pores With Pumpkin & Papaya Face Pack?
Pumpkin facial has gained a huge popularity because pumpkin helps in exfoliating your skin by removing the dead and unwanted cells from your skin.
The antioxidant properties of papaya help in providing clean and clear skin and fighting the pigmentation.
- Pumpkin puree – 2 tablespoons
- Papaya puree – 2 tablespoons
- Coffee grounds – 1 teaspoon
- Jojoba oil – 1 teaspoon
How To Apply?
- Mix all the ingredients well until a smooth paste is formed. Apply the face pack and wait for half an hour until it gets dried.
- Rinse it off with water and moisturize your skin to prevent the skin from drying out.
8. Honey, Orange Pulp & Sea Salt
The best face mask for clogged pores involves three main ingredients, honey, orange pulp and sea salt.
Honey is one of the best natural ingredients that help in removing the dirt from your skin and helps in diminishing your scars.
Orange pulp contains vitamin C that helps in an effective exfoliation of skin and sea salt prevents the occurrence of wrinkles on your skin.
- Honey – 1-2 tablespoons
- Orange pulp – 3 tablespoons
- Sea salt – 1 tablespoon
How To Apply?
- Mix all the ingredients well and apply a thickly layered face pack around your face and neck. Massage it into deeper layers of your skin and let it sit for one hour on your skin.
- Rinse it off with water and pat dry.
Tips To Stop The Further Clogging Of Pores
Exfoliating your skin temporarily is a good idea but looking for a long-term treatment would be even greater as this prevents the occurrence of pimples, blackheads, and whiteheads.
Follow some amazing tips to prevent the clogging of pores and let your skin appear smooth, glowing and vibrant.
- Remove makeup before you hit the bed.
- Use a muffler or a scarf to protect your skin from dirt and bacteria when you step out
- Clean your face thrice in a day
- Steam and scrub your face at least twice or thrice in a week
- Consult your doctor to know the best products that suit your skin because skin type varies from person to person and not all products are compatible with your skin.
- Keep changing your pillow covers once every week so that the dirt does not sit in your pores.
Other Methods Of Exfoliation – How To Get Rid Of Clogged Pores Overnight?
There are other artificial methods for the removal of clogged pores which do not involve any homemade tools and natural ingredients.
1. Nose Strips For Blackheads Removal
The strips are specially designed to remove the dirt from pores and unclog them. You can buy the nose strips online and use them for temporary exfoliation of the skin.
But they do not work as effectively as the natural methods because the process of steaming, scrubbing and exfoliating helps in a deeper cleansing by removing the dirt and debris from the inner layers of the skin.
If you are looking for how to get rid of clogged pores overnight, you can opt for nose strips for a temporary benefit.
Microdermabrasion is an effective exfoliation process that involves the use of certain highly equipped tools called microhydrabrasion machines that help in fighting any kind of skin problems like wrinkles, acne, blackheads, whiteheads and large open pores.
The process helps in a deep cleansing of your skin because it involves two different sessions where diamond tipped vacuums are used for the purpose of exfoliation by extracting the dirt and dead skin embedded in the pores and the second phase in which Aloe Vera and water are applied for making your skin appear clean and fresh.
The best use of this process is that there will be a noticeable change soon after the initial stage of the session.
3. Steaming And Blackheads Removal In Salons
If you are currently experiencing a busy phase of your life and do not have enough time to apply the steaming process and face packs all by yourself, you can visit your nearby beauty parlour to get the treatments done.
You can explain your skin type to them so that they choose whether to go for a harsh treatment or a gentle treatment for unclogging your pores.
The basic method followed in any salon is to apply a steam first so that the pores get loosened after which small needle-like tools are used to remove the blackheads and dirt embedded inside the skin pores.
4. Charcoal Face Masks & Why Should You Avoid Them?
There are a lot of alternatives available other than natural methods if you are looking for how to get rid of clogged pores without the usage of natural ingredients and a charcoal face pack is one of them.
Charcoal present in the face pack helps in removing the dirt and impurities from your skin but the major drawback is that it is the most aggressive way of cleansing your skin which may strip away the natural oils from the skin.
A charcoal face pack is a strict no to people with sensitive skin as this may damage the skin.
The best treatment for clogged pores comes with some best face packs, a perfect plan of applying them and patience to wait for a few weeks to witness the change.
To put everything in simple terms, you need to follow a stepwise procedure of steaming, scrubbing and applying the face packs at least twice or thrice a week. Stick to the plan to get rid of clogged pores within a short span of 3 weeks.