A Perfect Guide to Causes, Different Types, Prevention and Home Remedies for Acne!
What could be more infuriating than the occurrence of acne or pimples during the most unlikely situations such as, just a few days before an important function!? Follow these home remedies for acne and you will never have to worry about how to hide those never leaving marks on your face. Here we give you answers for “What causes acne”, “different types of acne”, “how to get rid of acne overnight” and also the “fastest way to get rid of acne.”
What Is Acne?
Pimples, which are also referred to as acne or zits are tiny reddish or white puss filled outgrown nodules, are caused because of the dirt accumulation in different parts of skin pores which leads to blocked pores or they are caused because of the excessive production of sebum by the sebaceous glands because of the hormonal changes.
Find Out Your Type Based On The Following Types Of Acne
Though pimples of all kinds appear a bit similar, some pimples or acne are mild and they just remain for a certain period of time only to disappear later, some pimples can be painful and infectious and can spread to different parts of skin if proper care is not taken.
Different types of acne are based on what causes acne.
If you want to find out the type of acne that you are suffering from, you must know that acne is caused because of varied reasons and if you the underlying root cause, you can definitely treat your acne and see the result.
Acne Caused Because Of Pollution
- You could be travelling long distances to your workplace and in the midst of this busy scheduled work life of yours, it will be a difficult task for you to take proper care of your skin which is when the bacteria get the chance of invading your skin to those annoying bumps on your skin.
- When you let the bacteria stay on your skin for longer periods without cleaning or washing it off, they get settled in the pores of your skin and cause the blockage of these pores.
- If they are not treated immediately, they can emerge into puss filled infectious acne
- You could take preventive measures from the invasion of bacteria which leads to the emergence of pimples by protecting yourself from the invasion of bacteria by using a headscarf or a muffler to cover your skin apart from following various home remedies for acne.
- Be careful before you cover your skin with a headscarf or a stole because, if your pimples or acne are already infectious, the tight compression of the scarf against your pimples might rupture them even more causing the spread of acne to other fresh parts of your skin.
- Ensure that you wrap your face rather loose and convenient without causing any discomfort to your acne
Blackheads Or Open Comedo And How They Are Formed
- Our skin contains minute openings called pores, since they are open, they are referred to as open pores. Each pore contains a hair follicle. Our skin consists of sebaceous glands which naturally secrete sebum.
- When the sebum hardens because of its contact with air, it blocks these openings of hair follicles leading to the blockage of open pores. This ultimately leads to acne or zits.
- Sometimes, dead skin cells which have to shed on a regular basis, doesn’t shed off. The accumulation of these dead cells in the open pores also cause eruptions or bumps on your skin which are called blackheads.
Whiteheads Or Closed Comedo And How They Are Formed
- There is not a huge difference between blackheads and whiteheads except the structural change in the surface of the pore.
- Whiteheads are also caused because of clogged pores (accumulation of dead cells or excess sebum that hardens) but in blackheads, since the surface of the pore is open, the dead cells or sebum comes in contact with the air which is why they turn grey or black
- In the case of whiteheads, the surface of the pore is closed, therefore they remain white.
- You have various home remedies for acne listed in this article which are going to help you in getting rid of blackheads and whiteheads which are also a type of acne.
Do Dandruff and Greasy Scalp Cause Acne?
- Sometimes acne has nothing to do with our skin because a change in the condition of your scalp, or dandruff can also cause acne or pimples on your face.
- A greasy scalp will result in clogging the skin pores especially, the skin pores present on the forehead. As a result of blockage of pores, acne is developed.
- If you are suffering from pimples only on the forehead part of your face, then it is probably because of a greasy scalp.
- To get rid of a greasy scalp or an oily scalp, you can wash your hair on alternate days so that excess oil production is removed from your scalp.
- Apart from washing your hair, you can also follow the various home remedies for acne which have been mentioned below to soothe your pimples.
Acne Caused Because Of Puberty
- Acne which is caused by puberty are very common and you need not worry about this type of acne, because pimples occurring during puberty are temporary.
- They occur because of the hormonal changes. A hormone called androgen plays a very important role in causing pimples or acne.
- This particular hormone can function irrespective of the gender. In men, androgen is produced in testes, whereas in females, androgen is produced in ovaries, adrenal cells and fat cells.
- Androgen causes the sebaceous glands to secrete more oils, which is why girls and boys who hit puberty start developing acne.
- You can follow various hygienic methods and at the same time implement the following home remedies for acne to reduce their effect.
Stress Can Also Trigger Acne
- “Acne can also be caused because of stress” doesn’t imply that stress directly results in the development of acne.
- When you are subjected to immense stress levels, your skin produces excess oils and this leads to the development of acne.
- Also, when you are prone to stress, your blood capillaries are expanded because of rapid blood flow. Therefore, your skin appears reddish and slightly inflamed.
- Try to relieve yourself from stress be it your work stress, or the stress at home.
Acne During Periods
- Like the agony and inconvenience caused because of bloating and unbearable cramps is not enough, the emergence of tiny reddish zits on the face adds more to the discomfort making you feel miserable and awful
- Acne caused during your menstrual cycle is because of the overproduction of testosterone hormone already present in your body.
- While progesterone and oestrogen take chances to be dominant during the menstrual cycle, testosterone is excessively produced during periods, which is the sole reason for the occurrence of pimples during periods.
- Though acne during periods is temporary, you can apply few home remedies for acne to obtain a soothing result.
Are Oily Foods One of the Causes of Acne?
- You must have come across this numerous times, that certain food habits can result in the emergence of acne.
- However, it is only a false perception and a myth that oily foods can cause acne. You can savour your favourite chocolates, your favourite fast foods like, pizza, noodles or burger because these foods do not lead to acne breakout.
- Research has proved that greasy foods or oily foods can never cause acne.
- So you don’t have to restrict yourself from relishing and enjoying your favourite foods.
Your Cause of Acne Could be in Your Handbag – Your Makeup Kit
- Cosmetics do have a negative impact on your skin except for making you look attractive and charming.
- Cosmetics are made up of various chemicals which have a toxic impact on your skin. It could also be unhygienic and dirty makeup brushes through which you could be invading bacteria on to your skin unintentionally.
- To avoid make-up and cosmetics from being one of the reasons for acne, you can consider buying non-comedogenic cosmetics the next time you have to embellish yourself with cosmetics to prevent acne breakouts and look attractive and graceful.
Whatever might be the reason for acne and pimples, you can surely treat them by applying various home remedies for acne. However, you have to be patient enough and apply the home remedies for a few months before you wait for the result.
Home Remedies For Acne – Natural Ways To Get Rid Of Acne
Aloe Vera And Its Medicinal Value – Best Way To Get Rid Of Acne
- It would be wise if you buy an Aloe Vera plant and start cultivating it at your home because you might need this medicinal herb not only for treating acne but for various other ailments because Aloe-Vera is one herb that has huge medicinal properties.
- To treat acne, you can cut a part of Aloe-Vera plant, extract the gel out of it by cutting down the outer surface and apply this gel to your pimples.
- You can apply this before you sleep and let it remain overnight. You can wash this off next day in the morning.
- You can add turmeric to add more medicinal value and soothe the acne more quickly.
Essential Oils For Acne Reduction – Fastest Way To Get Rid Of Acne
- Essential oils are used for treating acne because, essential oils are perfect cleansers, they are antiseptic and they help in removing bacterial infections.
- You can use jojoba oil or lavender oil particularly for acne. Tea tree oil works the best for acne.
- You can apply two to three drops of tea tree oil to the infectious pimples. You can apply this oil thrice in a day for a quick result.
- Mix some amount of carrier oil to tea tree oil before using it because, direct application of tea tree oil can cause a burning sensation because of its strong power.
Lemon Juice Has A Great Impact On Acne
- Lemon juice is one of the best home remedies for acne because lemon juice has the property of disinfecting the bacteria that invades the pores and resulting in clogged pores.
- Squeeze a lemon in to a bowl and use cotton balls or cotton pads to apply lemon juice to the area where pimples are present.
- You can apply lemon juice to just the problematic area, but it is much advisable to apply lemon juice all over your face because it can reduce the blemishes and make your skin look glowing and perfect.
- You can leave the lemon juice on your face overnight to get rid of acne overnight
Apple Cider Vinegar To Treat Acne
- The main reason for the cause of acne is the accumulation of dirt and bacteria. So, while curing acne, you must look for the methods by which you can remove the bacteria.
- Apple cider vinegar is one such ingredient which works very effectively in acne treatment because it helps in eliminating the bacteria.
- Apart from this it also works in removing the dead cells which do not shed off on a regular basis.
- For more effective results, you can add honey to apple cider mixture to create a facemask because honey has anti-oxidants. Apply this face mask and let it remain for half an hour and rinse it off with lukewarm water.
Tomato And Avocado Face Mask To Treat Acne
- Tomato helps in contracting the skin cells and tissues whereas avocado helps in killing the bacteria and other fungal invasions.
- You can blend the tomatoes in a blender jar and prepare a smoothie. Mash up the avocado and mix it with the tomato puree.
- Apply this mixture to your face and let it dry. After half an hour so, you can rinse off the mixture using lukewarm water.
- If you do not have avocados in your reach, you can cut a tomato into many slices and use these slices to rub on to your skin. Rub these slices twice or thrice in a day for a better and faster result.
Lemon And Egg White Mask
- You will need three eggs and a fresh juicy lemon for this face mask.
- Extract the white part out of three eggs in to a bowl leaving behind the yolk. Squeeze half part of the lemon juice in to this bowl.
- Mix the eggs whites and lemon well and apply this mixture all over your face. Egg whites help in shrinking the pores which are open widely. Lemon kills the bacteria and dirt.
- You can let this mixture remain for thirty minutes, before you wash it off with lukewarm water.
How to Treat Blackheads and Whiteheads?
- Though blackheads and whiteheads come under different types of acne, treating pimples and comedones is very different and contrary because while pimples are to be treated very sensitively, comedones are stubborn and they require a harsh treatment.
- Treatment of comedones requires constant steaming, scrubbing and application of facemask to cure them completely as this method is the best way to get rid of acne
- You can apply the above facemasks which have been listed under home remedies for acne, to treat blackheads and whiteheads, but before you do that, you have to apply steam to your face.
- After applying proper steam to your face, scrub your nose with honey and sugar mixed scrub in a circular motion by using your fingers. Be harsh while you rub your nose to get rid of the comedones effectively.
Find Out: How to Get Rid of Blackheads on Nose
- You can apply any of the face packs that have been mentioned above as a remedy for comedones.
How to Prevent Acne
It has been rightly said that prevention is better than cure. You no longer need to search for home remedies for acne or how to get rid of acne if they are prevented from occurring in the first place. If you are looking for various ways on how to prevent acne from attacking you, these tips are for you!
1) Make sure you cleanse your face twice in a day to wash away the excessive production of oils
2) Keep yourself covered while you go out in pollution to prevent the dirt and bacteria from settling in your pores.
3) Do not let your skin become too dry, because dry skin can also result in acne breakouts.
4) Do not overuse the application of cosmetics because greasy cosmetics and their chemical impact on the skin can cause acne
5) Make sure you get rid of a greasy scalp as oils secreted in your scalp will cause clogged pores, thereby resulting in acne on your forehead.
6) Drink plenty of water numerous times in a day to keep your skin hydrated and moisturised.