Find What all You Get with Vitamin A Rich Foods for Your Health
Vitamins constitute to be the substances which are required in the body in minute quantities. There are various Vitamins such as Vitamin A, B, C, D, E, K, etc. It is of prime importance to understand that most Vitamins can’t be made in the body. It can only be absorbed in the body through healthy diet. Vitamin A is a crucial Vitamin for the healthy development of the body. There are numerous benefits of having Vitamin A rich foods for the overall health of an individual.
Vitamin A is soluble in fat and acts as a powerful antioxidant. Antioxidants play a vital function by fighting the free radicals and reducing the inflammation to a considerable extent. The process of aging can be reduced through the regular intake of foods high in Vitamin A.
Vitamins And Health:
Vitamins are essential for the proper growth and development of the body. All the vital body organs will function appropriately when the Vitamins are absorbed in the system. Every organism has a different Vitamin requirement. The different Vitamins will have different roles and functions in the body.
Vitamin A Forms And Sources:
There are various sources of Vitamin A. Understanding the different sources and the daily recommended dose is paramount to maintain the overall health. Mild deficiency of Vitamins can be treated through healthy diet maintenance. However, supplements can be required in few cases.
The Vitamin A deficiency diseases can be avoided to a considerable extent by understanding the different foods that are rich in the Vitamin. Vitamin A is primarily found in two forms in the body, namely:
It is found in plants and needs to be converted into the active Vitamin A form.
Active Vitamin A:
The active Vitamin A rich foods include fruits and vegetables, which can be directly absorbed by the body.
Recommended Daily Dose Of Vitamin A:
People who suffer from Vitamin A deficiency can incorporate Vitamin A capsules as supplements. Though the Vitamin A obtained from the direct sources will be the most beneficial, you can make use of the supplements to meet the daily recommended dose.
The recommended dose per day, to avoid the Vitamin A deficiency diseases can be enlisted as follows:
- 1-3-year-old: 300 mcg per day.
- 4-8-year-old: 400 mcg per day.
- 9-13 year old: 600 mcg per day.
- 14-year-old and above 700 mcg per day.
- Pregnant women: 750-770 mcg per day.
- Breastfeeding women: 1200-1300 per day.
- 14-year-old and above require 900 mcg per day.
What Foods Have Vitamin A?
There are innumerable benefits of having foods which are a rich source of Vitamin A. What foods have Vitamin A can be enlisted as follows:
- Liver Of Beef – About 3 ounces.
- Liver of Lamb – 1 ounce.
- Carrots – Raw and sliced carrots, about 1 cup.
- Sweet Potato – 1
- Kale – Raw and chopped, about 1 cup.
- Spinach – Raw or steamed, about 1 cup.
- Collards – Cooked, about 1 cup.
- Turnip Greens – Cooked, about 1 cup.
- Apricots – 1
- Grapefruit – 1 medium sized.
- Watermelon – 1 wedge.
- Cantaloupe Melon – 1 wedge.
- Papaya – 1 small.
- Broccoli – 1 cup raw.
- Roman Lettuce – Shredded, about 1 cup.
- Butter – 1 tbsp.
- Tangerine – 1 medium sized.
- Nectarine – 1 medium sized.
- Guava – 1 medium sized.
- Passion Fruit – 1 medium sized.
- Mango – Diced, about 1 cup.
- Eggs – 1 large sized.
- Winter squash – Diced, about 1 cup.
- Red Peppers – Chopped, about 1 cup.
- Tuna – 3 ounces.
- Cod liver oil – 1 tsp.
- Goat Cheese – 1 slice.
- Limburger Cheese – 1 slice.
- Cheddar Cheese – 1 slice.
The long list of Vitamin A rich foods will be helpful in incorporating the items into the daily diet plan.
Importance Of Foods Rich In Vitamin A:
- Vitamin A plays a major role in the healthy maintenance of the eyesight.
- The neurological functioning of the body will be well maintained through the regular intake of foods high in Vitamin A.
- Strong bones can be built up through the regular intake of Vitamin A.
- The overall defence mechanism of the body can be well maintained through Vitamin A.
- Since Vitamin A is a rich antioxidant, it will fight the free radical damage in the skin cells.
- The process of aging will be slowed down to a considerable extent through the topical application as well as the regular intake of Vitamin A foods.
- The frequent consumption of Vitamin A will facilitate cell differentiation, cell growth, and gene regulation.
- The deficiency of Vitamin A can lead to various health issues such as night blindness, thickening of the cornea, etc.
- Other problems include dry eyes, skin rashes, acne, etc.
- People who don’t incorporate sources of Vitamin A in their diet will have a poor immune response.
- The people with a deficiency of the Vitamin will be more prone to viral infections, cold, cough, etc.
Deficiency Of Vitamin A:
A diet which is well-balanced with fruits, vegetables, fiber, and whole foods will be the best for any individual. Vitamin A capsules are easily available over the counter. However, it is safest to incorporate Vitamin A rich foods in the diet rather than supplements.
The Vitamin A deficiency in the body or the inefficiency in the absorption of Vitamin A can lead to various problems as follows:
- Sensitivity to Gluten.
- Loss of appetite.
- Leaky gut syndrome.
- Inflammatory bowel disease.
- Ulcerative colitis.
- Cystic fibrosis.
- Liver cirrhosis
- Crohn’s disease.
- Pancreatic disorders.
- Poor kidney functioning.
- Susceptibility to viral infections, common cold, cough, etc.
- Infertility and miscarriages.
Symptoms Of Vitamin A Deficiency:
Food is considered to be one of the best sources of different Vitamins. The Vitamin A deficiency symptoms and signs include the following:
- Dry eyes
- Night blindness
- Inability to see in dim lighting
- Spots on the eyeball
- Hazy vision
- Impaired immune responses
- Frequent infections
- Skin Rashes
- Birth defects
- Dry hair
Vitamin A Benefits:
There are innumerable Vitamin A benefits, which can be enlisted as follows:
- Remove eyesight defects.
- Promote healthy eye life.
- Avert skin problems such as acne, age spots, wrinkles, fine lines, etc.
- Promote fair complexion.
- Help in slowing the process of aging.
- Strengthen the bone and muscles.
- Facilitate the process of digestion.
- Strengthen the immune system of the body.
- Boost the defense mechanism of the body.
Vitamin A For Healthy Eyes:
- Rhodopsin is an integral part of the human eye.
- When light falls on the retina of the eye, the Rhodopsin will get activated, which in turn will send a signal to the brain.
- The process will lead to vision and the deficiency of Vitamin A will cause eye problems such as macular degeneration, blurred eyes, night blindness, etc.
- Vitamin A rich foods will help in meeting the daily recommended dose of the Vitamin.
Vitamin A For Strengthening The Immune System:
- Vitamin A is popularly known as the Vitamin for boosting the immune responses.
- Sufficient quantity of Vitamin A in the body will boost the defense mechanism.
- People who suffer from the deficiency of Vitamin A will be more prone to viral infections, common cold, cough, etc.
- Vitamin A foods must be incorporated into the daily diet to maintain the general health.
Vitamin A For Healthy Skin:
Vitamin A food list will support the skin cells, fight the free radicals, and promote healthy-looking skin.
Both internal, as well as external cell growth, will be facilitated through the frequent intake of Vitamin A.
Vitamin A plays an integral role in the formation of Glycoproteins.
It will facilitate the combination of the sugars with the proteins, thereby leading to the formation of tissues.
Vitamin A rich foods will promote and accelerate wound healing, skin growth, skin repair, skin elasticity, etc.
People who don’t have sufficient Vitamin A will tend to have a dark complexion in contrast to people who meet the daily recommended daily dose of the Vitamin.
The regular intake of Vitamin A fruits and vegetables will help in fighting acne, skin problems, etc.
How To Prevent Vitamin A Deficiency?
You can prevent the Vitamin A deficiency to a significant extent through the regular intake of the foods rich in Vitamin A. It is of paramount importance to understand what foods have Vitamin A to be able to incorporate them in the daily diet plan.
Following the Vitamin A food list will help in deciding the best foods for your diet plan. Having a minimum of 5 servings of vegetables and fruits is crucial to maintaining the health.
The common Vitamin A rich foods can be enlisted as follows:
- Whole milk
- Sweet potato
Vitamin A And Health:
The various Vitamin A benefits make it one of the most favorite Vitamins for healthy hair, skin, and eyes. Incorporating fresh fruits and vegetables in the diet will promote the healthy development of the body.
Vitamin A rich foods are easily available in the market. Most fruits and vegetables can be consumed in the raw form and hence, very easy and convenient for one and all. Any excess Vitamin A can be easily stored in the body without any major issue. Toxicity is an extremely rare problem in regards to excess Vitamins.
Incorporate the Vitamin A rich foods in the diet to promote the healthy formation of bones in the body, boost the immune responses, promote the growth of the tissues and the muscles, etc. So, stay fit through the regular consumption of healthy foods today!