Treat the Lacking of Blood with these Home Remedies for Anemia
Anemia is the medical condition wherein the blood doesn’t have sufficient hemoglobin or red blood cells. Anemia can have various types of ill effects on the health of an individual. Severe Anemia can lead to multiple complications to the vital organs of the body such as the heart, lungs, kidneys, etc. untreated Anemia can turn out to be fatal. Hence, timely treatment and home remedies for Anemia must be carried out.
Anemia can be detected through a simple procedure, which is a routine blood examination or blood test. Identifying the early signs of Anemia will help in averting the complications by the timely treatment.
- Anemia is also called as Anaemia.
- It is the condition in which the red blood cells are less in the blood.
- The deficiency of hemoglobin can be defined as Anemia.
- Anemia if untreated can be fatal in some cases and requires timely treatment along with simple home remedies for Anemia.
- Hemoglobin is the protein in the blood which carries Iron and contributes in giving the blood a red color.
- Hemoglobin is responsible for supplying oxygen to all the vital organs of the body from the lungs.
- Hemoglobin plays a significant role in building the immune mechanism of the body by fighting against infections.
- Hemoglobin helps in averting excessive bleeding from wounds, by clotting the blood.
- The timely treatment of Anemia is paramount to prevent various complications in the body.
- Iron supplements will improve the vitality and energy levels.
- It is a very common problem in females than in males.
- Women are most susceptible to the disease during the reproductive years of their life.
- Most women suffer from mild Anemia due to the monthly menstruation cycles.
- Apart from the home remedies, you must concentrate on the diet for the effective cure for Anemia.
- Children with Anemia will have difficulty in concentrating on studies, poor cognitive performance, etc.
There are various side effects or symptoms of Anemia, which can be enlisted as follows:
- Low oxygen circulation
- Muscle weakness
- Progressive fatigue
- Brain fog
- Inefficient cognitive functioning
- Mood swings
- Lung damage
- Damage to the heart
Normal Range Of Hemoglobin:
For men, the normal range of hemoglobin is 13 and above. As for women, the normal range of hemoglobin is 12 and above. Any reading below the specified ranges will lead to Anemia and the severity will depend upon how low the reading will be. You can try the various home remedies for Anemia to check the most suitable one for your health.
People who suffer from chronic Anemia will have decreased symptoms as the body will get adjusted to the low concentrations of Iron in the blood. However, if the Anemia becomes severe, then the complications may worsen and require immediate Anemia treatment.
Symptoms Of Anemia:
The most common symptoms of Anemia in both adults, as well as children, can be enlisted as follows:
- Lethargy and laziness
- Pale skin
- Irregular heartbeat or pulse rate
- Trouble in breathing
- Reduced stamina
- Severe hair fall
- Shortness of breath
- Pain in the chest
- Loss of stability while walking
- Concentration difficulties
- Trouble in carrying out simple tasks
- Cold feet and hands
- Frequent headaches
- Low blood pressure
Signs Of Anemia:
The most common signs of Anemia include pale skin and eyes. Owing to the deficiency of Iron in the blood, there will be a reduction in the pinkish color of the skin. Hemoglobin is composed of Iron, which is responsible for giving the blood its characteristic red color.
A trauma or sudden wound can lead to excessive bleeding and loss of blood. It can be a great contributing factor for Anemia. The cure for Anemia is through Iron medications and Iron-rich diet.
Causes Of Anemia:
There are various causes of Anemia, the primary cause being the deficiency of Iron. The bone marrow in the bones will require Iron for the proper production of Hemoglobin. If there is inadequate Iron in the body, there will be insufficient hemoglobin and red blood cells.
The lifespan of a typical red blood cell in the body will be about 120days. Any process which disrupts the lifespan of a normal red blood cell will lead to Anemia. Anemia isn’t a fatal disease in itself. However, untreated and severe Anemia can lead to various complications. Hence, you must get the timely treatment for Anemia.
Treatment Of Anemia:
- Anemia can be treated and managed with care and precaution.
- Anemia treatment involves the regular intake of Iron supplements.
- Through Iron supplements, you can boost the energy levels and improve the body metabolism.
- Enriching the diet with green leafy vegetables, iron-rich foods, etc. will facilitate in making Hemoglobin.
- It is paramount to continue with the Iron medications and supplements and try the various home remedies for Anemia to get the best results.
Natural Remedies For Anemia:
The various home remedies for Anemia can be enlisted as follows:
- Sesame seeds.
- Dried black currant.
- Citrus fruits.
- Blackstrap Molasses.
Home Remedies For Anemia:
You can try the diverse range of natural remedies for Anemia, enlisted as follows:
Intake Of Vitamin C:
- Anemia plays a major role in weakening the body’s defense mechanism.
- People who suffer from Anemia tend to catch infections often.
- Anemic people will be more prone to inflammatory diseases.
- The regular intake of Vitamin C will be one of the best home remedies for Anemia.
- Vitamin C will facilitate the absorption of Iron in the body.
- The regular intake of Vitamin C will boost the body metabolism and fortify the immune system of the body.
- So munch on citrus fruits just as oranges, sweet lime, grapefruit, tangerine, pomelo, lemon juice, etc.
Yogurt And Turmeric:
- Yogurt acts as a natural probiotic.
- The consumption of a cup of yogurt with a teaspoon of turmeric, twice in a day will be one of the best natural remedies for Anemia.
Green Leafy Vegetables:
- Green leafy vegetables such as celery, spinach, broccoli, mustard greens, beans, etc. are rich in Chlorophyll.
- They will help in increasing the quantity of Iron in the body.
- The best treatment for Anemia is through the regular intake of green leafy vegetables.
Fresh Fruit And Vegetable Juices:
- Fresh beetroot juice and pomegranate juice helps in building the blood and also facilitates the blood purification.
- Beetroot is a rich source of Folic acid, Iron, Potassium, Sulfur, etc. along with carrot and apples.
- Pomegranates are rich in Iron, Potassium, and Copper.
- The juice will act as one of the most effective home remedies for Anemia.
- Copper water is the water which is stored in copper vessels and containers.
- When people drink water which is stored in a copper container over the night and consumed the next morning, it will act as the best remedies for Anemia.
- It is an excellent way to treat hair loss and replenish the body with the naturally occurring minerals.
- One of the best ways to increase the Iron quantity in the body is through the regular intake of sesame seeds.
- You must soak the sesame seeds in water for about two to three hours.
- Grind the soaked seeds and make a thick paste.
- The frequent intake of the thick paste of sesame seeds with honey is one of the best home remedies for Anemia.
Raisins And Dates:
- Dry fruits are a rich source of Iron and other minerals.
- Both raisins and dates are a great source of Iron and Vitamin C.
- The regular intake of dry fruits helps in boosting the immune system of the body.
- Iron will be effectively absorbed into the body by the frequent intake of raisins and dates.
- It is one of the simplest remedies for Anemia.
Worse Foods For Anemia:
There are few foods for Anemia which can worsen the condition and must be strictly avoided. The foods can be enlisted as follows:
- Artificial sweeteners.
- Added sugars.
- Processed grains.
- Conventional Dairy products.
- Carbonated drinks.
- Energy drinks.
- Black tea
Precautions With Iron Medications:
Iron deficiency or Anemia is a very common problem, especially in young girls and women. There are certain precautions to be taken while on Iron pills, which can be enlisted as follows:
- Concentrating on the diet, taking iron supplements, and following the home remedies for Anemia will be very beneficial in keeping you healthy and increase your vitality.
- It is paramount to keep in mind that the Iron medications will be effective only when you follow the proper advice of the doctor.
- You must make sure that the iron pills must be avoided for a minimum of two hours after taking an antacid and an antibiotic.
- Most people suffer from nausea, stomach discomfort, constipation, diarrhea, etc. on taking the Iron pills.
- Apart from the Iron pills, there are many foods for Anemia treatment and cure.
- Avoiding few foods and making few changes in the diet will be beneficial for maintaining the Iron levels in the adequate range.
- Iron poisoning can be extremely dangerous for children and hence the Iron pills and supplements must be kept out of reach from children.
- However, foods rich in Iron won’t have any harmful effect on children as well as adults.
- Understanding the different causes of Anemia will help in making the desired changes in the diet and lifestyle.
It is paramount to keep in mind that each and every individual has a different body and the response of the body towards the home remedies for Anemia will be different. You need to be patient and wait for the best results!