16 Simple Exercises to Lose Belly Fat Quickly And Naturally
Are you suffering from sleepless nights because of your belly? Apart from giving a displeasing look, many health issues are associated with belly fat. You can indulge in exercises to lose belly fat because dieting and exercising go hand in hand.
If you assume that only dieting can aid in losing the belly fat, then you are at fault. You are needed to burn the belly fat by a minimum of an hour’s exercise in the daily routine to lose belly fat.
Medical Causes of Belly Fat:
Some amount of belly fat is average, as it cushions the bones and organs. However, excess fat can lead to many health complications namely heart diseases, high blood pressure, Diabetes type 2, stroke, sleep apnea, etc. There are many reasons for belly fat, such as:
- Weak metabolism
- Hormonal changes
- Sagging muscles
- Poor posture
- Sedentary lifestyle
Best Exercises to Lose Belly Fat at Home:
There are many simple exercises which make you lose belly fat. Most of the regular and simple workouts are given here.
- Twist crunches
- Side crunches
- Reverse crunches
- Vertical leg crunches
- Bicycle exercise
- Lunge twist
- Rolling plank exercises
- Stomach vacuum
- Captain’s chair
- Bending side to side
- Brisk walking
Exercising daily will help in burning the belly fat well along with a healthy diet. Particularly, the category of exercises to lose belly fat are created because the food which is intended to burn fats may not be a choice of all. Whereas, the workouts and remedies must be followed precisely to ensure the results. Therefore, exercises will never fade out from the health world.
Let us get into few of the important yet simple exercises for belly fat reduction.
Nothing can help lose belly fat faster than crunches can! So incorporate crunches in your fitness regime as the best exercises for burning fat.
How To Do…
- Lie down flat on an exercising mat. Bend your knees. The feet must remain on the ground. Alternatively, lift your legs off the floor at an angle making 90-degrees.
- Raise the hands by placing them behind the head or cross them across the chest.
- Deeply inhale as you raise the upper part of the torso from the floor, and exhale.
- Inhale again as you go down and exhale while you move up.
- Repeat the exercise 10 times.
- Dumbbell crossover punch
- Shoulder press
- Side crunch
- Butterfly crunch
- During crunches, instead of taking an upright position, you should just raise the back. Let the back be a few inches up from the ground level so that it doesn’t hurt your back.
- Never jerk the head forward during crunches, as pressure will be exerted on the neck and cause pain.
- While doing crunches, you must hold the hands above your head and perform the exercise.
- When you lift the torso, you must avoid sitting up straight. The back should be positioned such that it makes an angle of 30-40 degrees to the floor. The angle will ensure you feel the pressure in the abdominal muscles.
2. Twist Crunches:
After you get comfortable with the basic type of crunches, you can modify them into practical tummy exercises.
How To Do…
- Lie down flat on the floor. Place your hands behind the head.
- Bend your knees. The angle must be same as you would while performing crunches. You should keep the feet touching the floor.
- You don’t need to lift the upper torso as in crunches. You just need to lift the right shoulder to the left side, and the left side of the body must remain on the floor.
- Alternate the exercise with the left shoulder to the right, keeping the right side of the torso on the floor.
- Repeat the crunches about 10 times.
3. Side Crunches:
Once you get comfortable with the regular crunches, you can modify them.
How To Do…
- Side crunches as similar to the twist crunches.
- You will just focus on tilting the lefts to the same side, along with the shoulders.
- The focus will be on the muscles on the sides during side crunches.
- During crunches, keep the movements slow and steady.
- If the twist is performed very fast, you might hurt yourself.
4. Reverse Crunches:
Reverse crunches constitute to be a kind of crunches. It is an excellent exercise to help in reducing the belly fat.
How To Do…
- Reverse crunches are similar to the twist crunches.
- You need to tilt the legs behind simultaneously with the shoulders.
- The reverse crunches focus on the muscles on the sides.
- The back must be kept straight while performing the reverse crunches.
- Arching the back can result in pain and also cause injury to the back.
5. Vertical Leg Crunch:
- Lie down straight on the ground or an exercise mat, extend the legs upwards facing the roof, and one knee must be crossed over the other knee.
- Breathe in while lifting the upper part of the body, off the floor to the pelvic area.
- Slowly breathe out and go down. You can now breathe in, and exhale while you move up.
- Repeat the exercise 12-15 times.
6. Bicycle Exercises to Lose Belly Fat:
The bicycle exercise doesn’t need you to use a bicycle, as the same suggests.
How To Do…
- Lie down straight on the ground and keep your hands by your sides, or you can also keep them behind the head.
- Lift both the legs from the floor. Bend the feet at the knees.
- Bring the right knee near the chest, while keeping the left leg off.
- Take the right leg away and move the left foot close to the chest.
- Repeat the exercise just as you would paddle a cycle to move ahead.
7. Lunge Twist:
Lunge twist is one of the best exercises for amateurs who wish to lose belly fat fast.
How To Do…
- Stand with the legs apart (hip width) and bend your knees a little.
- Lift both the hands in front of you. Align the hands with the shoulders and keep them parallel with the floor.
- Lunge forward with the right leg. The position will be a sitting down position.
- The knees must make a 90-degree angle.
- The left leg must be positioned backwards, getting support from the toes.
- Keep the spine straight during the workout and don’t bend it forward.
- Twist just the torso to the right and then to the left (not the legs).
- Repeat the exercise about 15 times.
8. Rolling Plank Exercises:
The rolling plank exercises help in toning the muscles surrounding the abdomen such as the hip and the lower part of the back. This particular kind of exercises to lose belly fat will impact the muscular functioning of the stomach and thus prevents the formation of excessive belly fat further.
How To Do…
- Position yourself in such a way on the floor that the knees and elbows can rest on the ground.
- Keep the neck, and the spine aligned, and look forward.
- Raise the knees and support the legs by the toes.
- Contract the knees and breathe, staying in the position for about 30 seconds.
- Move back and forth for another 30 seconds.
- Lie down on the ground, sideways.
- You can support yourself with the right elbow and leg.
- Knee plank
- Rocking plank
- Reverse plank
- Plank is a demanding and tiring exercise. Holding the breath for long might make you dizzy and cause nausea.
9. Stomach Vacuum:
The stomach vacuum exercises are the activities with a little impact. There is a lot of emphases laid on breathing in it.
How To Do…
- The stomach vacuum is also called as the “cat stretch pose” or the “four-point pose.” The transverse abdominal stomach vacuum is very effective in reducing the belly fat.
- Go to the ground on all the four limbs, supporting the body on the hands and the knees.
- You must deeply inhale and release the abdomen.
- While you exhale out, you must squeeze the abdominal muscles.
- Hold the position for about 15-30 seconds.
- Standing pelvic tilts
- Seated stomach vacuum
- Functional stomach vacuum
- You must aim at avoiding the exercise if you suffer from any heart or lung diseases.
- The task needs to be done only on an empty stomach. If performed after having food, it may cause indigestion.
10. Captain’s Chair:
The captain’s chair exercise is an excellent way to lose the belly fat fast.
How to Do…
- You need to sit down on a chair. The spine must be positioned straight, and the shoulders must be comfortable.
- Keep both the hands by your sides, with the palms facing down.
- Inhale deeply, and while you exhale, get both the legs upwards close to the chest.
- Don’t bend forward. The back mustn’t be arched.
- Bring the legs down gradually and repeat the process.
- Hanging knee raises
- Lying leg raise
11. Bending Side To Side:
- Stand upright with the feet together, keeping the hands by your sides.
- Maintain the legs on the ground, bend the body to the right side till you start feeling a pull on the left waist.
- Stay in the position for about 15 seconds and return to the initial position.
- You can now bend to the left side, the same way.
Cardio Exercises to Lose Belly Fat:
Cardio exercises constitute to be the most effective in burning calories. It is a good way to lose belly fat by the cardio workouts. We need to be on the role always, to ensure the fat gets burned uniformly with good pace. For this, there is this list of cardio workouts/exercises to lose belly fat. Make one of them your daily routine, there’s no other treatment needed to be searched for belly fat reduction.
- Walking is an excellent way of burning the fat of the entire body.
- Walking for about 30 minutes every day is essential for a healthy body.
- Running is as efficient as walking.
- People who get bored by the fixed routine can indulge in running.
- Apart from running, you can try jogging.
- Jogging is very useful for the infringement of the unwanted fat.
- One of the best cardio exercises is cycling.
- Cycling helps in shedding the belly fat fast.
- The strokes during swimming assist in burning the calories.
- Swimming is a great exercise for losing the belly fat.
Follow the simple and efficient exercises to lose belly fat at your home. The exercises can be performed without any help from a fitness expert. You need determination and stamina for reducing the tummy fat.
Tips For Effective & Quick Weight Loss:
- Eat Right
- Skip the fast foods, pastries, pizzas, and snacks
- Have homemade food
- Drink lots of water
- Short bursts of exercise than working out for long hours
- Avoid having sugar
- Use alternatives to sugar such as honey, palm sugar, licorice extract, etc.
- Reduce the intake of sodium
- Use alternative sources of sodium such as potassium, lemon, sea salts, etc.
- Increase the intake of Vitamin C
- Indulge in fat burning foods such as garlic, onions, ginger, cayenne pepper, etc.
- Warm water with lemon juice and honey
- Incorporate healthy fats such as avocados, olives, coconut, nuts, etc.
- Never skip the breakfast
- Don’t starve
- Small meals at regular time intervals
- Get adequate rest and sleep
- Snack on healthy foods such as dry fruits, raw vegetables, fresh fruits, steamed vegetables, etc.
Belly fat makes your physical attire substandard and turns your biological scenario unhealthy. Buring the belly fat is not a big problem as the solutions are as many as its causes. We have these exercises to lose belly fat working not just for this sole purpose but to give your body a fine tone and structure the muscle well. Indulging in some exercises will help in getting the desired body and also complete health.
Leave a Comment