A healthy diet is what everyone needs. If one wishes to be healthy, it is a must that he/she should go on a very much suitable and organic diet always, irrespective of age, season, and health conditions. But most people don’t seem to follow certain diet pattern or maintain healthy food habits through which one can sustain a good posture of one’s own body. Cucumber water has such an importance of getting placed into everyone’s diet irrespective of the above-mentioned factors.
Why do you need cucumber in diet?
Cucumber water is highly needed to those who are in any health problems. It can be a great healer of inflammation and minor ailments like nausea. Let us discuss the whole benefits of cucumber water.
In this piece of article, we shall know the below factors
As mentioned in the beginning, Cucumber water is the most recommended for anybody regardless of their age, locality. Both the cucumber juice and water have a lot of medical qualities with the simplest methods of preparation.
Let us check out the direct health benefits of cucumber here.
1. A great hydrating agent
Cucumbers are greatly useful for increasing the water content of your body. 90% of cucumber is water, more than in any vegetable.
- When water is sufficiently supplied to our body, we start to feel the luxury of healthy hydration.
- Our body maintains right temperature, also will be cleansing toxins to a great extent.
- Cucumber gives plenty of water, and a good flavor too.
- It is recommended that 6-8 glasses of water should be taken, one may feel bored of plain water, cucumber adds a natural flavor to it.
2. Cucumber for skin
- Cucumber contains silica, which has cooling and anti-inflammatory properties, helps in maintaining skin smooth through the core of the skin layers.
- Cucumber contains vitamin C, which is a great anti-wrinkle solution for skin’s health.
- As already said, a well-hydrated body has its own capability of maintaining itself free from toxins. Cucumber water especially, helps you achieve a good complexion of skin with the toxins flushed off.
- Cucumber for skin is very useful in curing Sunburn by applying onto the face in the form of a paste or direct pieces.
- Cucumber also has rich amounts of Vitamin B-5 (Pantothenic acid), which is used to get rid of acne scars on the skin.
3. Cucumber for eyes
- The dark circles around the eyes are removed by cucumbers, the world is using this remedy widely since ages.
- The tiredness and exhaust in your eyes are completely vanished by placing two cucumber slices upon your eyes.
- Soak a cotton ball in cucumber water and apply it onto your eyes, this will help you treating the blemishes and freckles with its bleaching properties.
4. Good for muscles and bones
- The rich content of Vitamin K, which gives enormous fracture preventive strength to bones.
- Cucumber has good amounts of silica, which provides necessary minerals and improves the bone strength. It strengthens the ligament and tendon kind of connective tissues of muscles and bones.
- So, if you want to workout for your body fitness, it is better to consume cucumber diet which provides 15% of your daily needed vitamin.
- You can improve the protein levels in addition to vitamin and mineral needed for healthy bones and manage the blood clots.
- Cucumber water is sometimes referred to as cucumber detox water. By the name, we can know how popular is this drink for detox cleanse.
- Juices remained in the digestive tract are flushed out thoroughly, it is just that how often you consume cucumber juice. This is one of the major cucumber health benefits.
- Only a few fruits and vegetables are known for detoxification and cucumber stands out of all of them.
- Cucumber juice works best in an anti-inflammatory diet. It gives huge scope for detoxification at the quickest possible time.
6. Anti-oxidizing agent
- Our body releases certain unstable molecules called free radicals which take from when the body is exposed to sunlight, cigarette smoke or pollution or when we do exercise. These are totally unwanted.
- They cause cell damage by oxidative stress. By having cucumber in any form (may it be the juice or raw cucumber), we can prevent this.
- In future, the oxidative stresses may cause Cancer, Diabetes, Heart Problems, Alzheimer’s, etc. To prevent all these effects, better simply consume cucumber water every day.
- Anti-oxidants are rich in Vitamin C, Manganese, beta-carotene, these all make the cells run at a healthy pace and stop the possible stresses.
7. Low-calorie food – Helps in weight loss
- Cucumber water is with very low calories, on an average one cucumber contains 45 calories, so a couple of cucumber pieces will not add too many calories to your body.
- If you replace the regular refreshing drinks like sugary sodas, juices, sports drinks by cucumber water, the effect of weight loss or losing the calories will be easy. Hence, this could be termed as a healthy weight loss food with least fat consumption.
8. Cucumber vitamins run the show
- The above discussion clearly tells that there are ample of vitamins in cucumber. Cucumber vitamins are the main ingredients based on which cucumbers have their role in major health care remedies.
- Vitamin C and B-5 for skin care, Vitamin K for bone strength, Vitamin A are in greater amount compared to other vegetables.
- Cucumber nutrition also includes a lot of minerals, which enhance free digestion, purify the body from toxins.
- Once you start following cucumber nutrition, your body gets tuned to a healthy perspective and you need not look back for any other nutrients in terms of minerals if you have this daily.
9. Controls Blood Pressure
- Cucumber water has excellent hydrating qualities, this consequently retains your body’s blood pressure to an average level.
- Potassium present in cucumber regulates the blood pressure by acting like an electrolyte. It also avoids heart attacks, kidney failure, vision loss, which are possible hazards after severe blood pressure.
- Excess salt content causes more fluids to be held in the body, which increases blood pressure. So avoid any salt and sugars in your cucumber diet. It is always better to add such flavoring additives in very limited amounts.
- Cucumber contains no sodium, this again ensures that there is no danger for high blood pressure patients.
10. Prevents Cancer
- Though there is no specific remedy for cancer, we can definitely take care of preventing it from its attack by maintaining a healthy lifestyle and well-hydrated body.
- Cucumber has cucurbitacins which help the body in maintaining long-term nutrients, vitamins so that cancer like strong diseases don’t attack that easily.
- In some studies, cucumber water is found to have dietary flavonoid fisetin, which prevents prostate cancer.
11. Defends your hunger
- When you are literally hungry at a wrong time, you can have a glass of cucumber water without any suspect for weight gain or the disturbance in diet pattern as we know cucumber diet’s quality of contents.
- It could save you until the mealtime, which is so useful regarding indigestion and hydration purpose.
- If it’s not hunger, but only the thirst, you can simply ignore the world and have cucumber water as much you wish, as it doesn’t harm even if the excess quantity is taken. Moreover, it is needed for one’s pleasurable health scenario.
- Take cucumber salad or greek salad for breakfast if you wish to eat less and feel full. They aid in quick weight loss with this action.
- The cardiovascular system is successfully maintained healthily if a water-rich, low-calorie food like cucumber juice or some recipe with cucumber is added to one’s diet.
- With its low-calorie feature, it almost stops any cholesterol(LDL mainly) to reach the heart.
- By the way, cucumber water also reduces blood pressure with the enormous amount of nutrients it has.
- To avoid a heart attack, cucumber has the ingredients Manganese, Potassium, Sulfur, Silicon in sufficient amounts.
13. Pain reliever
- Pain relieving seems to be absurd while we talk about heart care and skin care, but the anti-oxidants of cucumber water reduce inflammation, which can lead to a headache.
- This could be said as a special advantage in the list of cucumber health benefits, as cucumber itself has so many medical qualities like vitamin content, heart attack prevention, powerful hydration etc.
Inexpensive | Easy Making
- Cucumber water is indeed cheap than any other energy drinks, and it doesn’t involve a much harder process to make.
- Cucumber and water are enough for making this healthiest homemade drink.
- It is mere a gift that cucumber has so many health supplements in it, which is available to every household at an affordable cost.
You can impress your guests, by the way
- Cucumber water requires very less time to make which gets you a warm applause from your guests.
- It has a good taste that you can even surprise the guests by such a healthy and tasty refreshment.
- With different flavors, you can enjoy the diet with all pleasure of freshness, that too, in the least preparation time.
We do not need a special heading under the making of ‘prestigious cucumber water’. However, we shall find out the clear way of preparing it.
- Grab a firm, crunchy, medium to dark green cucumber from the refrigerator (at least check that it is not hot).
- The outer layer of the cucumber has Vitamin A, so find an unwaxed cucumber. If it is not available, peel the skin immediately.
- Make the cucumber into thick slices and add them to sufficient water. This makes the plain cucumber drink. Add mint for cooling effect and freshness.
- You can add a plenty of other flavoring elements which are natural and work for the purpose.
Now let us try some ingredients that could be added to cucumber drink.
- Adding lemon to plain cucumber will, however, be new to taste, by adding mint in addition to it, it will give another fresh flavor to grab your attention.
- Lemon is highly rich in vitamin C, mint also contains a good amount of vitamin C. This leads to an immune-boosting power to the drink.
- Mint has great amounts of fiber, Calcium, Magnesium.
- Lemon cucumber works like a soup diet rather than a normal juice/drink.
Herb-infused water with cucumber
- Adding herbs will, this time, increase the taste along with the nutrient values from each herb.
- Vitamins and minerals are in much bigger amounts with the herbs.
- Add Thyme, which is plenty rich in Vitamin C.
- Rosemary is rich in iron, calcium, potassium.
- Minerals are given by mint and lemon also gives the vitamins.
- This combination of different herbs with cucumber gives an incredible taste and immense health.
- The combination of cucumber, lemon, strawberry will give a fresh taste and will also work very well in terms of health care.
- Other herbs can also be chosen as your wish.
- Strawberry infuses water and gives vitamins such as C which is actually not so plentiful with cucumber.
- During springtime, this drink is the most efficient one, it removes a maximum of the toxins stored in the body all the winter long.
- The feature of this category is it adds basil leaves, which provide extra anti-oxidants in addition to the taste.
- The nutritional values of basil are very high.
- Vitamin A in basil turns into beta-carotene, which also has an impressive oxidizing effect.
- Free radicals generated can also be burnt, helps you in improving immunity levels.
- Basil acts as an anti-cancer treatment.
Refreshing fruit water
- This involves some fruits like blackberry, strawberry added to cucumber not only for flavor but they provide minerals, antioxidants.
- This mixture of fruits with cucumber water gives the extreme pleasure of freshness, without any side-effects.
- It is better to use this drink among all the synthetic/artificial energy drinks which give natural pleasure.
Cucumber is available in more than a dozen varieties, mainly it is popular in two types, one is pickle type, the other one is slicing type or raw cucumber which is used to make refreshing diets.
Skin and body are maintained well
Cucumber has many nutritional values more than any other fruits/vegetables. This is an underrated food that we ignore in our daily routine.
Cucumber for skin care treatments, nutrition basis treatments is the best and most populous remedy for decades because of nutrient values cucumber health benefits.Cucumber is also a homemade face remedy to remove sun tan naturally .You can add cucumber to your daily diet as cucumber nutrition has a gradual impact on the health which is very much organic.
Cucumber vitamins help in avoiding the diseases like Alzheimer’s by preventing neuronal damage. They also improve osteotropic activity to strengthen the bone mass building.Healthy Hydration is achieved through which beta-carotene, Vitamin C, a-carotene type of anti-oxidants are developed. This is the major thing of Cucumber water benefits.
Not only the plain one, you can add flavors of fruits infused with cucumber, which increases the choice of maintaining the weight at the right level.Cucumber has no cholesterol, no fat, almost no sodium and it contains 15 calories in 100grams of its mass.
Peel of the cucumber has a good amount of fiber in it, which is none to do with the calories.Water intake helps in losing weight and cucumber’s nutrition values and taste make it a ‘superfood’.
Cut the cucumber into thick slices and top them with hummus, have them as chips, which save you from having many calories.
Cucumber combined with yogurt, garlic has a great cooling effect and can be used for making good dressing or dishes.
Because o the mild flavor, cucumber uses are very much underestimated, but you can’t ignore them once you know the pinch of its advantage.
The description of advantages with cucumber water and some extra flavoring recipes are encrypted in the article. We hope we have brought you the best available material regarding cucumber water benefits. Tell us something which is new to find and useful in terms of health and fitness if we missed. Thank you.